As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marissa's Bunny

MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
The only post I've seen about Marissa's Bunny is in SE++ and I will no longer venture in to the dark and ominous depths of that evil forest.

Did anyone see Marissa's Bunny at PAX or get any photos? I'm sad that this didn't receive as much attention as it could have.

Here is Gabe's post about Marissa's Bunny

And Marissa's Dad called in to BJ Shea's radio show when Gabe was on, but the call-in part of the show was not recorded.

Anyone have any more information or see the bunny anywhere?

edit: oh hey, I should check my links more carefully, here are some photos right on marissasbunny.com's main page. I guess I missed all the events where the bunny made an appearance.

MetaverseNomad on

• Options
    Sequential_ComboSequential_Combo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The only place I saw it was onstage during the Jonathan Coulton concert, but I don't know if it was there the entire night or what.

Sequential_Combo on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aye, I missed the bunny sadly as well. =( =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    chicazulchicazul Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had no memory of who or what Marissa's bunny was, so I wasn't paying too much attention. I do recall the bunny was mentioned and displayed in the first Penny Arcade Q & A. It was on stage for the remainder of the panel, and during the Draw a Strip Q & A, someone suggested adding Marissa's bunny to the comic. Gabe & Tycho rightly refused to sully the bunny by any association with "The JoConjugal Visit."

chicazul on
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was able to grab some good pictures of Marissa's Bunny whenever I saw it, including JoCo hold it:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=marissa&w=86326874%40N00

My favorite:
    2826703521_77d81a6e7a.jpg

And the attack version:
    2827539882_d10be8910c.jpg

Darkphibre on
    Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I saw it at the draw a strip. Or was it the Q&A. Or was it both?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    Poseidon88Poseidon88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure it was on stage during the Omegathon final round, but it would probably have been difficult to see if you weren't very close to the stage.

Poseidon88 on
  • Options
    AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Joey Gecko had it onstage after the final round, I saw pics somewhere too...maybe Darkphibre's pics of the final round?

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Darkphibre, your photos are always my favorites!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Joey Gecko had it onstage after the final round, I saw pics somewhere too...maybe Darkphibre's pics of the final round?
    See my spoiler right above you. ;)
    Darkphibre, your photos are always my favorites!
    Woot! Thank you very much. That's the first complement I've seen this year on the set in general... makes all the time I spent worth it! 8-)

Darkphibre on

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Darkphibre wrote: »
    See my spoiler right above you. ;)

D'oh! (smacks head)

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Woot! Thank you very much. That's the first complement I've seen this year on the set in general... makes all the time I spent worth it! 8-)

Seriously?? I'm really surprised to hear that!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Agreed...they are very good pics!

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Seriously?? I'm really surprised to hear that!
    Crazy, eh? But no worries. I know people like them; it's hard to remember to come back and say so, and there are so many photos out there! Besides... they are starting to mention it more. :)

Darkphibre on

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I saw someone who appeared to be wearing it as a necklace and it taking pictures of it at random booths in the exhibit hall.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    DraenoDraeno Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually, that person wearing a bunny as a necklace was me. That was not Fairfax, Marissa's Bunny. Sorry if I confused anyone. That was my own rabbit, Flannigan. I wasn't sure how much I would actually see Fairfax for photo ops, so I brought him along to help spread the word. I'd actually like to thank the people at the booths that were so willing to let me take pictures of him around different things. A big thanks out to the guy at the Upper Deck WoW area, who looked rather nervous as he placed him in the Ony raid scene. People were really cool about it and listened to either someone from my group or I tell the story to anyone that asked. I think the only person who gave me a no was Adam Sessler (G4 guy). That was really even from one of his crew as I think they were getting ready to film. Felicia Day was even gracious enough to take a picture with us.

I was also the person that took the same bunny up to the stage during the first Q & A to take a picture with Fairfax. And, the person who asked to put the bunny in the comic. It was worth it to me to at least bring more attention to IS, Marissa and Fairfax. Fairfax was at the JoCo show, so I thought it would have fit in as a lead up to there. I was actually hoping that they would have done it. I would have ordered a print, begged and pleaded for them to sign it, framed it and sent it to the family. Due to the computer failure though, it probably never would have made it to the strip had it been approved.

I was inspired by the story and wanted to do what I could to help spread it along. If it made at least one more person aware of IS and aware of Marissa, it was worth it at my expense.

Draeno on
    Like rabbits? Want to support awareness for a disease? Check these sites out.
This discussion has been closed.