As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] No chat, only war. And /special.

1575859606163»

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure I remember them saying once that you are able to have a hostile target and a friendly target at the same time, right?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is anyone else getting crazy CTDs? My swordmaster is only level 3 and I've already had two.

Last Son on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I remember them saying once that you are able to have a hostile target and a friendly target at the same time, right?

Yes, Offensive and Defensive targets. It's pretty smart about it too. If you have a hostile target as your offensive target, and you select a group member, they become your defensive target.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So lots of focus on RvR stuff I get

I really haven't followed too strictly along with how things work, here

Are there any small instanced dungeons a la the dungeons in WoW, here, or is PvE an uninstanced means to a PvP end?

INeedNoSalt on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh there are definitely dungeons, I've seen them list and have articles about them on the WAR site. I think the reason you're hearing more about RvR is because that's what people are more interested in, but there definitely seems to be dungeons. Even hidden ones, the lairs which will be fun. I also recall them saying that they do indeed want a type of raid dungeon in the game, likely not something too big though.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited September 2008
    So lots of focus on RvR stuff I get

I really haven't followed too strictly along with how things work, here

Are there any small instanced dungeons a la the dungeons in WoW, here, or is PvE an uninstanced means to a PvP end?

No, there is a quite rich PvE game.

At it's core, it's the same "Go here, do this" quest style that WoW made so popular, but it has quite a few twists. First of course, is PQ's, which are probably the first new PvE concept new players will run in to. There is plenty of info out there on them, but the basic idea is a sub-area in a zone that when you enter, you "join" the public quest, allowing you to help complete the staged goals. You can enter and leave the PQ at your discretion.

There are also two sorts of dungeons: Lairs and dungeons. Lairs are smaller, easy to digest pieces of content that are usually in out of the way places (rewards to explorers), and contain one boss style mob that drops good loot. Great for a small adventuring band to go find and wade through in a quick sitting.

Dungeons are what you would expect from a WoW instance. I large, multi-wing affair with multiple bosses and longer clear times.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do dungeons have the same level of polish as WoW 5 man instances?

Hoz on
    edited September 2008
    Hoz wrote: »

Absolutely no idea, sorry. I haven't been through any.

GnomeTank on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

How much polish exactly do you feel Black Rock Depths or Gnomeregan have, exactly

INeedNoSalt on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    why do all the classes have to be so interesting !!!!!

Ledneh on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    New thread yet? I only ask because this http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/war_beta.cfm has free open beta keys, about 2000 left, and we should include this in the new thread where everyone can see it until they're out.

EDIT Also the death penalty is still way too harsh, it should cap at 25%, the wounds thing should be included, not separate from the toher penalty, but you can keep the distinction between a PvE and PvP death. Also, killing antoher player or doing some PvE should reduced the time left for the penalty like in Asheron's Call. As someone on Darktide who is used to playing with a 20-25% vitae penalty most of the time, 50% cap is way too much. I'm certain they'll tweak this before release, but that's a ridiculous number.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Todbringer noooooo

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Greetings! The server will be going down now for emergency maintenance.

lol

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Server just came down. Emergency maintenance.

Fortunately, I had just finished a PQ.
    Unfortunately, it crashed before I could get my loot.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ugghhhh but i'm having so much fun on my squig herder ;(

bastards!

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And the Candymancers were still so young D:

TetraRay on
    Steam ID: TetraRay
  • MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    more like todbroken lol

Munacra on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GoodOmens wrote: »

Must've been from that reeming we handed the Candymancers, the server just couldn't handle the PWN

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • TuesdayTuesday Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They should steal the couple of minute warning from WoW.

edit:
    Hillean wrote: »
    Must've been from that reeming we handed the Candymancers, the server just couldn't handle the PWN

You? Fuck you. Fuck you right in your Witch Elf face.

Tuesday on
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WAAAAGH!

Squirrel Rancher on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I was all set on rolling Magus but Chosen is soooo much fun

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I actually find myself liking the Marauder, now that he actually, you know, uses the gigantic mutated blade of bone and tainted sinew that was his left arm.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

How much polish exactly do you feel Black Rock Depths or Gnomeregan have, exactly
    Well, those are the worst examples. But even those have have a whole backstory that runs throughout triggered sequences. Deadmines, Blackfathom Deeps, and Stratholme are my favorites.

I'm just asking for a comparison to the average level of quality of WoW instances.

Hoz on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »

You know it was bad when the Zealot brigade came down on Fort with multiple AoEing

Tyberius on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Finally got my beta codes for this after finally giving up on Amazon. I preordered from them a week ago with the promise of electronic code delivery. Most people aren't getting the codes and some who actually got them found they were already in use. When will I learn Amazon is not the place to preorder games?

I walked into Target today, two days before the beta starts, and purchased a box containing the codes for about a dollar. The $5 off coupon inside negates the discount Amazon was offering.

Target 1 - Amazon 0

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Well, those are the worst examples. But even those have have a whole backstory that runs throughout triggered sequences. Deadmines, Blackfathom Deeps, and Stratholme are my favorites.

I'm just asking for a comparison to the average level of quality of WoW instances.

If you are thinking about picking up Warhammer to try out the instances, I'd say right now to stick with what you've got.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    New thread, it is up.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I actually find myself liking the Marauder, now that he actually, you know, uses the gigantic mutated blade of bone and tainted sinew that was his left arm.

They actually fixed that? I need to try them...

Foolish Chaos on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So who do I need to contact about getting in?

I mean, once the server comes back up of course.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Akira wrote: »
    Man I was all set on rolling Magus but Chosen is soooo much fun

The whole "Try Out Classes I'm Not Planning On Playing Come Launch" Plan? Yeah? That one? Doesn't work with this game.

I've had a moment with every class I've rolled where I went "Hmm, I wonder... maybe I should rethink my main choice..."

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
This discussion has been closed.