As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ...you know the TF2/phalla community crossover is very interesting. Makes me even more annoyed that I missed the TF miniphalla.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am actually really bad. Good thing we're waiting on FWD instead.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    ...you know the TF2/phalla community crossover is very interesting. Makes me even more annoyed that I missed the TF miniphalla.

I am so tempted to do a...

Return

Gumpy on
    edited September 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »

Return

Uncryptically, a more TF2 based game where players can pick a class, and additional roles are dished out in the form of the more charactful players

Gumpy on
    edited September 2008
    That'd be awesome :D I had a neat idea for how medics work (prior to, you know, realising the TF2 phalla had been and gone).

Also LOL CRITS

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had an idea for a TF2 phalla the required TF2. Like, it was a standard phalla, but every night all the players would play TF2, and the person with the least points in the game was removed.

Gorilla Salad on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Return

Uncryptically, a more TF2 based game where players can pick a class, and additional roles are dished out in the form of the more charactful players

That would be the worst.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

Return

That would be the worst.

Nee naw Nee naw

Thorgot hide its the pessimistic police

Gumpy on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Hee haw hee haw

Look out Gumpy it's a god damn donkey

It's kind of interesting how more phallas are being designed around giving everybody something above the general "vanillager" role. It's a bit taxing, and horrible if put together wrong, but I like it!

Obbi on
    edited September 2008
    See that's why my mini aims to do- and it's also why I constantly put it back in deference of my co-creators' sanity

But if this works I'll carry it forward to a true phalla, and then much rockingness will be had. Or something.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Return

That would be the worst.

Nee naw Nee naw

Thorgot hide its the pessimistic police
    Gumpy I want you to set up the third installment of the series, the burning heavy needs to return!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok, I'm thinking I may want to run a mini at some point, but will need to think on mechanics some more and will probably need someone with more experience to coach me through some of the balancing issues before giving it a shot. The theme is either going to be the Takeshi Kovacs novels or the Bourne movies, I'm not sure which...

JustPlainPavek on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I respect the villager role and will always have one in any of my games.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like Frosteey's/Hylianbunny's approach to spicing up the vanillager role through special events e.g. midday auctions, or having to answer an essay question while in character. Having an immediate reward for staying active or being noticed is pretty cool.

durax on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm not sure I've ever actually done any of those...
    I think that was Mr. Blarney in the alt phalla.

I usually just have a lot of people with only marginally useful (one-time very situational kill, power of rules clarification) or split up powers. Then compensate the monsters for their inability to easily remove something like a group vig by rewarding them when they kill a group member.

Frosteey on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh sorry, I could have sworn you did. Your way rewards exceptional play from the specials, and in your latest game anyway, no one really was a villager.

I am sure about Hylianbunny though, and Robothero and MrBlarney now that you mention it.

durax on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Much as I wish I could take credit for that sort of thing, cj was the one with Rosenqueen. (Though I'm tinkering with something of the sort for the next mini/main.)

Hylianbunny on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    warban wrote: »
    I was thinking of running a phalla which i asked larry about. Being as im still alive i'm going to hold off for the time being. If anyone else wants to start a mini quote this post when asking him.

I don't want to block anyone from starting a mini.

Ok I'm dead i might go ahead and start sign ups for the mini.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited September 2008
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=6985178#post6985178
    ok, First attempt at a phalla, Its theamed to be like tf2 but it is not the same as Grump's.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was thinking of running a phalla which i asked larry about. Being as im still alive i'm going to hold off for the time being. If anyone else wants to start a mini quote this post when asking him.

I don't want to block anyone from starting a mini.

Ok I'm dead i might go ahead and start sign ups for the mini.

Well I had contacted Larry about doing a mini and he said that you had it reserved and then you say that you're not going to do it, so I ask Larry and he says go ahead, and now you change your mind again. Are you a woman, cause you're getting on my nerves! =P

But your mini looks fun, so I signed up. You better give me a good role dammit!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Sorry my role required a lot of my time from larrys game, I am dead now so i decided to start it.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited September 2008
    I'm just giving you a hard time. Other than yours, are there any other minis going on?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think AL.PHA.LLA is meant to be restarting shortly, but I don't think it takes up a mini space?

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    So what should I do, contact Psycholarry or have mod approval or just wait for AL.PHA.LLA or TF2 mini to finish? The AL.PHA.LLA has been going on a while, so I didn't think it took up a mini slot.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think you just contact Larry.

Wildcat on
    edited September 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I think you just contact Larry.

Ya just contact Larry.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited September 2008
    Well I did contact Larry after you said you weren't going to run yours and he gave me the go ahead, and now you're running yours, so I'm not sure what to do. I did send him another PM, though. I just think that you are the only one running a Mini because the AL.PHA.LLA doesn't seem to be considered to take a mini spot, but I could be wrong. Wasn't sure if that was Larry's decision, or a mods.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You'll probably want to send Thanatos a pm and ask him. However, I'd probably assume the AlPhalla does take up a spot since the games can mostly be considered phalla and we're limited to the 2 mini slots.

Ardor on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It has not taken up a spot for the first three games.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    That's what I thought. Everytime I looked at the list of current Phallas, there were 3 minis, with AL.PHA.LLA listed there. My assumption was that it just didn't take up a spot.

But I did send Thanatos a PM so I'll just await his response.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It has not taken up a spot for the first three games.

Oh. I guess I was mis-remembering or just didn't notice that it hadn't taken up a spot.

My bad.

LaOs on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good evening, gentlemen. Just popping in to say that I'm still alive, and that the phalla I've signed up to run will actually be based upon the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Huzzah and all that.

Burnage on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Huh. I too was unaware that AL•PHA•LLA had not taken up a mini slot through its entire run. Well, it'll all be over soon enough, two more games to go, one starting tonight.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Huh. I too was unaware that AL•PHA•LLA had not taken up a mini slot through its entire run. Well, it'll all be over soon enough, two more games to go, one starting tonight.

I think it's been in the OP the entire time, but I think the other minis have run in the time between the AL•PHA•LLA games. Although, since it's a series of games, it may be in a different slot. I'm sure Thanatos would likely know the answer better than me though.

crimsoncoyote on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, you guys can have another mini running.

Thanatos on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Good evening, gentlemen. Just popping in to say that I'm still alive, and that the phalla I've signed up to run will actually be based upon the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Huzzah and all that.

Holy shit you're alive. I remember you almost.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ok.. trying this again...
    this is an open call for anybody willing to help me beta-test the phalla/mafia/werewolf type forum software that I've written. I've gotten some good feedback so far, but would be curious to get the take from some phalla veterens.

to that end, I've set up Twisp and Catsby -- Tea with the moon and adventures in The Land of Upp

motor over to http://www.happyworldland.org/mafia/gamedisplay.asp?g=55&page=1 to sign up if you're interested.

edit: created test accounts (test01 - test10) with the password test... log in with one, change the password and sign up for this game if you're interested in playing without having to make an account.

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
    edited September 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yeah, you guys can have another mini running.

Ok, cool. I had the go ahead from Larry so I'll throw mine up in a second.

[edit]Sign ups are up[/edit]

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've decided to try running some live Mafia games on my floor. I've already got a few themes picked out, with roles that should suit them. I figured that would make it more interesting. I've played live once, but it was the basic game and kind of boring because nobody knew what they were doing. Though the first game will have pretty basic roles, to get everyone acquainted.

Does the game suffer at all in this form, being all compressed and whatnot? I know the game is typically played in one sitting, which means no planning, no good network, no overt alliances, and less discussion. Is there ever an incentive to reveal? Is it less entertaining when the good guys and bad guys can't coordinate stuff as well?

Jimothy on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We used to play Werewolf while we were waiting for whatever delivery food we ordered back when I played D&D regularly, I think using some roles gets hard in live games. I think the way phalla is played here doesn't really translate to real life games but they are still massively fun.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.