As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My Name is [Chat]

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »
    This show Skins is fucking brilliant. Anyone else watch it?

I wanted to, but I don't get BBC America at school like I did at home. :(

Balls. It needs to be on Hulu or something cause this show is fantastic.

JPants on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Like seriously, it's a fucking downer. I wanted to go to school over the summer, got told I couldn't afford it even though summer course-credits are so fucking cheap and I go along with that. I personally can't afford the fall semester, so I skip on that. When it comes to the spring semester, my trust was misplaced as none of the states I'm looking at actually accept spring students, in one way shape or form or another. So now there's none of that. I have no future prospects educationally, so I need to make something work extra-educationally.

So I have something that I think can work, and he arbitrarily cock-blocks it. What the fuck?

Oboro on
    words
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    So I have something that I think can work, and he arbitrarily cock-blocks it. What the fuck?

Pretty typical codependent behavior.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok so sliver is a "Oh woe is me what do I do with womens" and Medo can't post in the right thread. Mop your floor medo.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »

The joke's on him, I don't even fucking use soap half the time I wash the dishes. I just consider the sponge soapy enough. :x

Oboro on
    words
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It is a fucking fantastic show. The last episode of season 2 made me cry like a bitch.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited September 2008
    But seriously people, soap creeps me the fuck out

Oboro on
    words
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I dunno, parents often do things they think are in their kid's best interests.

You either have to deal with it or cut financial ties and stand on your own feet.

skippydumptruck on
    edited September 2008
    But seriously people, soap creeps me the fuck out

Soap? Soap creeps you out?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

So do codependents.
    You either have to deal with it or cut financial ties and stand on your own feet.

Just like codependents.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    TREMBLE FEEBLE MORTALS, FOR I HAVE RETURNED

...from playing a nice game of Warmachine at a friend's place.

HIDE YOUR COOKIES PEOPLE

COOKIES FOR THE COOKIE GOD! CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP THRONE!

Echo on
    edited September 2008
    So you're saying that parents are codependent, or what is your point here?

skippydumptruck on
    edited September 2008

I, uh, did that. Repeatedly. I'm essentially here on my own financial feet, anyway. His wife walked out on him and my younger sister, and the assumption was that they could no longer function as a family unit as far removed from civilization as they are where they live. No one else in the family stepped forward (or has stepped forward), so I stepped forward.

I have changed stances with my assumption. They could get by. The standard of living might drop and my sister will have to lean back on being a social butterfly until she can drive herself around instead of relying on me, but they can fucking get by.

I'm here for them, not for me. It's in their interest to keep me here, or at least my father's. My sister is emotionally indifferent, even though I know she'll be kicking and screaming when she can't go play Magic or anything else anymore because my father is working and I'm not there to drive her.

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

What's your point here? Are you arguing that not signing over the title to a car that Oboro actually purchased so she can stay at home in North Carolina is somehow in Oboro's best interests?

And, yes, parents can be very codependent, especially when they start sabotaging an older child's attempts at independence, which is something Oboro's father has done multiple times. They don't love you enough to treat you right when you stay, but they love you too much to let you go.

Feral on

• MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    But I dun wanna mop my floor

SIGH

Medopine on
    edited September 2008
    [chat] is becoming too Oboro-centric. Let's talk about something else, before anyone gets upset. :)

Feral, are you just very knowledgeable about Spore or do you actually own it? When/if you do, I need to buddy you so that our creations can freely mingle!

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    But I dun wanna mop my floor

SIGH

You should mop your floor for posting in the wrong thread. Besides the floor mopping will straigthen you out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Bought The End of Faith today.

*read read read read read*

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Spore's out on the Wii, right? Should I get it for that or PC?

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited September 2008
    Bought The End of Faith today.

*read read read read read*

Books! I want new books! Shiny precious books!

Echo on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It is a fucking fantastic show. The last episode of season 2 made me cry like a bitch.

I'm on like ep 3 of Season 2. The finale of S1 was brutal.

I just want things to work out for these people but i get the feeling it won't.

JPants on
    edited September 2008
    [chat] is becoming too Oboro-centric. Let's talk about something else, before anyone gets upset. :)

Feral, are you just very knowledgeable about Spore or do you actually own it? When/if you do, I need to buddy you so that our creations can freely mingle!

I do not own it yet. I am considering it. I had a small little influx of cash from old invoices so I have a little bit of extra spending money.

Feral on

edited September 2008
    I want to own more Grendel albums. wtb disposable income

Echo on
    edited September 2008

What's your point here? Are you arguing that not signing over the title to a car that Oboro actually purchased so she can stay at home in North Carolina is somehow in Oboro's best interests?

And, yes, parents can be very codependent, especially when they start sabotaging an older child's attempts at independence, which is something Oboro's father has done multiple times. They don't love you enough to treat you right when you stay, but they love you too much to let you go.

My point was that parents often exhibit behavior that is controlling as kids transition into autonomous adults, and I don't think it has to be classified as codependence.

skippydumptruck on
    edited September 2008

I do not own it yet. I am considering it. I had a small little influx of cash from old invoices so I have a little bit of extra spending money.
    I made the mistake of assuming providing myself with additional entertainment would quell my wanderlust. Whoops! :rotate:

This is the only thing I've bought all summer though, aside from FFTA2, so it's not so bad. Not a single piece of clothing or anything else, so ... I don't consider it too terrible a mistake. It makes me feel a little bald and bold, though, when everyone else in [chat] is talking about putting it off for financial reasons and Oboro already owns it. :P

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

I'll sell you some disposable income.
    I sell disposable income on the side. It's a good way for me to make some disposable income.

Feral on

edited September 2008

I sell disposable income on the side. It's a good way for me to make some disposable income.

Sounds like an awesome business plan!

Echo on
    edited September 2008

Sounds like an awesome business plan!

I figured, if it works for Visa, it could work for me.

Feral on

edited September 2008

Maybe rent for Wii? I dunno, I don't think it's very fun.

skippydumptruck on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

1. Use disposable income
    2. ???
    3. ???
    4. Gain disposable income

Hint: 2 and 3 are illegal as hell.

TL DR on
    edited September 2008
    Actually, shit, nevermind what I said about [chat] being too Oboro-centric.

I have a $3000 credit line. How heinous a mistake would it be to turn $1000 of that into liquid (I think I get fucked in the ass with like, a 10% fee on that though, ugh) and use that to make the move? If I immediately got a job and immediately hunkered down, it ... might be possible to swing ...

I mean, what's really at risk? I still have bankruptcy as an option, since I've been paying down my student debt instead of just taking the easy way out.

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

1. Use disposable income
    2. ???
    3. ???
    4. Gain disposable income

Hint: 2 and 3 are illegal as hell.

2. Transaction fee.
    3. Administration fee.

Feral on

edited September 2008

I have a $3000 credit line. How heinous a mistake would it be to turn $1000 of that into liquid (I think I get fucked in the ass with like, a 10% fee on that though, ugh) and use that to make the move? If I immediately got a job and immediately hunkered down, it ... might be possible to swing ...

I mean, what's really at risk? I still have bankruptcy as an option, since I've been paying down my student debt instead of just taking the easy way out.

Instead of turning the credit into liquid, how about using it to pay for gas to drive the car out to Seattle?

Feral on

edited September 2008

Instead of turning the credit into liquid, how about using it to pay for gas to drive the car out to Seattle?
    Doesn't solve the core issue of "I don't have the liquid to sign a lease, since they don't accept credit cards." I could go the route of living out of the car/hostels/shelters, but ... I don't want to. I really don't want to do that anymore.

Honestly, I don't want the car anyway. The car is a fucking hassle. It does me no good if I have somewhere to reside.

Oboro on
    words
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hi from math class

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Doesn't solve the core issue of "I don't have the liquid to sign a lease, since they don't accept credit cards." I could go the route of living out of the car/hostels/shelters, but ... I don't want to. I really don't want to do that anymore.

Honestly, I don't want the car anyway. The car is a fucking hassle. It does me no good if I have somewhere to reside.

I've signed leases with credit cards, before, but I wasn't trying to move to Seattle (or wherever). Also, I'm old.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I don't think it's out on Wii yet.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    hi from math class
    hiiiii balding guy with glases

Oboro on
    words
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    hi from math class

Your math instructor knows you're not paying attention.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    So my little sister has been screaming and shouting all day because my father won't shell out $3000 for her to do one of those high school "let's go to Italy for two weeks" things.

:|
    3000$ for a school trip? What the fuck?
    My father just said, "You already have a car!"

To which she just responds, "This isn't about my car!"

:|:|:|

Yeah but, 3k?

A year worth of college is only 2k over here. I can't even imagine how they could expect any student to pay 3k, unless it's one of those private institutions full of white rich kids.
    No, it's a public school and almost every public high school I've known of runs a trip like this. They're not intended to get more than 6-9 students out of groups from several hundred to 1, 1.5 thousand
    They don't. Which is what makes these programs so sucktastic.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.