As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Viking Invasion! - Night 6 - Bugs on the brain

1444546474850»

• JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shamus wrote: »
    Looking back, it was stupid, but I believed him.

Vikings got really really lucky all game long.

Lucky you believed me, lucky i pulled B:L's name out of a fucking hat and went with it to you at the time, as you were suspecting him. Lucky his target came up different, and seers got vote out rather fast.
    I thought we were fucked personally, the moment i sent you that pm, lol.

did those riddles have jack-all to do with the game or was that just added player flavor?

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    My laptop burned with the heat of a thousand suns when I went to send in my orders last night, so I turned it the hell off without sending any orders in.

The mouse was burning

the bloody mouse

Curious, did Shamus and B:L know who the other militia member was?

Yep. I really did know, for the most part, who everyone was.

The problem, during the whole "B:L is a mole", Josh sent me a PM saying how B:L contacted him and he had given up the names of other militia members. Looking back, it was stupid, but I believed him.

We actually tried to kill you, but that was during the two nights we nullified ourselves.

Man what

but I was telling you to kill him

if I had been a viking that would have outed me if he had come up innocent

]=

Gumpy on
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JoschuaESQ wrote: »
    Looking back, it was stupid, but I believed him.

Vikings got really really lucky all game long.

Lucky you believed me, lucky i pulled B:L's name out of a fucking hat and went with it to you at the time, as you were suspecting him. Lucky his target came up different, and seers got vote out rather fast.
    I thought we were fucked personally, the moment i sent you that pm, lol.

did those riddles have jack-all to do with the game or was that just added player flavor?

I was trying to get the vikings to target me, or maybe even a serial killer.

Zellpher on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Your name came up a couple times, but thankfully they never acted on it. I imagine the guy who sent the PM would have been the one to bite it if you were targeted.

Goose! on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm still mad at myself for missing your reveal, Goose! I would have had a better reason to play and not died.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I mock you for not contacting Grundl.

I also mock Lawn but Lawn totally made up for it in the end. Same for JoshuaESQ. They have cleansed their shame by heroic murderous/guarderous activity!

Law.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Did I help the village win¿

minigunwielder on
    edited September 2008
    Did I help the village win¿

You helped the "villager" win.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Minigunwielder, I love you. I fucking love you, man.

Gorilla Salad on
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    EDIT: I think the lack of the actual seers sending in targets likely played a huge part in the loss.[/QUOTE]

How the fuck was i supposed to know it was based on the day of the week?

minigunwielder on
    edited September 2008
    I don't know man, but boy do I appreciate that bandwagon you started.

Gorilla Salad on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

I also mock Lawn but Lawn totally made up for it in the end. Same for JoshuaESQ. They have cleansed their shame by heroic murderous/guarderous activity!

Why would anyone contact grumbles?

He was the first person in the thread outed as a viking. Really if you want to not be viked getting in contact with people who control a kill and share your win condition is a good thing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

Why would anyone contact grumbles?

He was the first person in the thread outed as a viking. Really if you want to not be viked getting in contact with people who control a kill and share your win condition is a good thing.

I missed that entirely. I really phoned this one in, didn't I?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2008

Law.

Vikings have no Law, only Lawns.

It's like how I call Grundle Grundle, despite his name not having an e anywhere near there.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Law.

It's like how I call Grundle Grundle, despite his name not having an e anywhere near there.

He'll always be Grumbles to me <3

El Skid on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Law.

I feel like calling him Voldemorte from now on.

JPants on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Voldemortimer

So, I think if I hadn't contacted Warban and just let Ryadic eat the vote, I could have made it to the end. But if I hadn't contacted warban, I wouldn't have been forced to beg for mole contact.

Goose! on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lord York stood with his diminished force of warriors and militia men, surrounding a lone Viking. The Viking was clutching a long gash down his side and attempting to keep his flail held up in something resembling menace. Lord York pointed his jeweled sword toward the villain. “It’s over scoundrel. We’ve got you cornered and it is time you faced retribution for your acts against my city.”

“Retribution? Cornered? Did you thing I hadn’t expected this little lord? Perhaps you had forgotten my friends!” The Viking smiled as the wall behind him crumbled away, revealing the mass of the Viking army which had until recently been camped outside the castle walls. At the head of the force was a man who must have stood nearly seven feet tall, bearing a long scar along his face and armor dyed red with blood. He growled to the wounded warrior, who limped back behind the towering man.

“This is my city, and you are my vanquished foe. Please don’t surrender, I have looked forward to killing you like a man.”

“Who are you?”

“I? I am your Fenrir, the devourer, the destroyer, the end of all the things you believe in. I have taken your town, I have taken your pride, and I have made you look foolish while I have done so. I am Erik the Bloodaxe!” Before any of the beleaguered guards could move, the massive Viking king swung an axe the size of a mule cart into the chest of Lord York, neatly cutting him in half and spraying the room with gore. The Huscarls went for their swords, and were cut down just as quickly by their comrades, who lifted their helmets to reveal long heads of blonde hair and pale blue eyes.

“So it is done. You men begin the raping, you men the pillaging, and you men the slaughter,” Bloodaxe said, directing his soldiers around the city. “When we are sated and bloodied I want this city burnt to the ground. Then it is on to deal with this English King. I wonder if his men will be as pitiful as these.”

The Vikings have won! The livestock have been violated and the women and children slaughtered! Who can save England from this bloodthirsty menace?

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited September 2008
    Hail Bloodaxe!

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lord York stood with his diminished force of warriors and militia men, surrounding a lone Viking. The Viking was clutching a long gash down his side and attempting to keep his flail held up in something resembling menace. Lord York pointed his jeweled sword toward the villain. “It’s over scoundrel. We’ve got you cornered and it is time you faced retribution for your acts against my city.”

“Retribution? Cornered? Did you thing I hadn’t expected this little lord? Perhaps you had forgotten my friends!” The Viking smiled as the wall behind him crumbled away, revealing the mass of the Viking army which had until recently been camped outside the castle walls. At the head of the force was a man who must have stood nearly seven feet tall, bearing a long scar along his face and armor dyed red with blood. He growled to the wounded warrior, who limped back behind the towering man.

“This is my city, and you are my vanquished foe. Please don’t surrender, I have looked forward to killing you like a man.”

“Who are you?”

“I? I am your Fenrir, the devourer, the destroyer, the end of all the things you believe in. I have taken your town, I have taken your pride, and I have made you look foolish while I have done so. I am Erik the Bloodaxe!” Before any of the beleaguered guards could move, the massive Viking king swung an axe the size of a mule cart into the chest of Lord York, neatly cutting him in half and spraying the room with gore. The Huscarls went for their swords, and were cut down just as quickly by their comrades, who lifted their helmets to reveal long heads of blonde hair and pale blue eyes.

“So it is done. You men begin the raping, you men the pillaging, and you men the slaughter,” Bloodaxe said, directing his soldiers around the city. “When we are sated and bloodied I want this city burnt to the ground. Then it is on to deal with this English King. I wonder if his men will be as pitiful as these.”

The Vikings have won! The livestock have been violated and the women and children slaughtered! Who can save England from this bloodthirsty menace?

Hooray Viking Victory!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zellpher wins!

I know this is what he meant to write. Woohoo!

Zellpher on
    edited September 2008
    Woo! Go Bloodaxe!

Gorilla Salad on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hail Bloodaxe!

Varcayn on
    edited September 2008
    I HAVE JUST BEEN VIOLATED

Goose! on
  • JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    VINDICATED.

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JPants wrote: »

Law.

DO NOT SAY THE DARK LORD'S NAME!

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »

Law.

DO NOT SAY THE DARK LORD'S NAME!

VOLDEMORT VOLDEMORT VOLDEMORT!

*he appears*

Goose! on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so wait, is the game over?

The_Reflection on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes it is, hence the discussion :)

crimsoncoyote on
    edited September 2008
    oh, well.

Alot of you owe me an apology.

The_Reflection on
    edited September 2008
    oh, well.

Just find who caused it (Ryadic I think), and grudgegrudgegrudge! (It's half the fun of dying!)

crimsoncoyote on
    edited September 2008
    oh the grudge is on sir!

but is a light, friendly way.

The_Reflection on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh, well.

*AHEM*

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry B:L action seer mistake owned us hard.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited September 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    oh, well.

*AHEM*

Don't look at me... I already apologized.

crimsoncoyote on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh, no worries.

Next time, just take a closer look at the lies. Asking for details forces a liar to think on their feet, increasing the chance for them to make mistakes.

Like Joschua claiming that I confirmed my Huscarl status through sharing my PM...except he's a Militia and would have no idea what a Huscarl PM would even look like.

I blame the inactives, really. :P
    (AND THE GM *fistshakes at luck-based vigilantism*)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited September 2008
    This and the last game have made one thing clear....RNG is grudging us all.

DevoutlyApathetic on