As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Official Cosplay (and Cool Gear) Thread <3

• Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I found mah moustache! :)

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so i debuted my costume tonight at the prepax dinner and got some great feedback, so i'm going to continue to rock it tomorrow. i was also graciously donated a nice new cardboard tube by electric turtle, so that is a nice improvement. not too much looking forward to wearing those bamboo samurai sandals all day tomorrow, though.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so, for some reason, i can't seem to migrate my pics from my new camera to my laptop (it doesn't seem to be a good format for macs), but i took this pic with my inscreen camera:
    2809599237_701fce65cf_o.jpg

i've never cosplayed before, but i'm really enjoying it. i'm getting TONS of attention, which everyone i know knows i love! and people are constantly taking pics of me. i wish i could find some of them. i'm getting pretty good at posing for them, too. so, needless to say, i'll be rocking the cts again tomorrow (saturday).

the one thing i'm having trouble with is the armwraps, though. i feel they're very critical, but i used a fabric sheet and cut strips out of it, then wrapped them around my arms, but they keep unravelling, and it takes forever to re-wrap them. if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • adio92adio92 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cool Hat! Well i think tomorrow for a portion of the day ill be wearing my V-Mask. Not anything official put i thought i would post it.

adio92 on
    xXAdio92Xx.png
  • oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    awsome you guys!! I am going tomorrow...today with my friends, Look for a Raz And Lili from Psychonauts!! (our costumes turned out great!!) and I want to find you guys and capture your souls with my soul box!!! (and if you see people eating bacon who look remarkably like Razputan and Lili....that is us ^_6 dyaballikl :: (will be looking for you saturday!!)
    OH, and do we get lanyards for our passes or do we have to have our own? (no lanyard nor clip for pass)

oyasumidesu on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I need a picture with Raz and Lilli.
    I already have one with Captain Falcon, and I love Psychonauts.
    I have to make this happen.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    awsome you guys!! I am going tomorrow...today with my friends, Look for a Raz And Lili from Psychonauts!! (our costumes turned out great!!) and I want to find you guys and capture your souls with my soul box!!! (and if you see people eating bacon who look remarkably like Razputan and Lili....that is us ^_6 dyaballikl :: (will be looking for you saturday!!)
    OH, and do we get lanyards for our passes or do we have to have our own? (no lanyard nor clip for pass)

I saw you guys in the expo hall. Good Job!

Houn on
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Has anyone seen two guys dressed up as members of Team Rainbow? They had full gas masks, and fake weapons but I haven't seen them yet today... Just a little concerned if the police stopped them or something like that.

Avenrosh on
    edited August 2008
    Avenrosh wrote: »
    Has anyone seen two guys dressed up as members of Team Rainbow? They had full gas masks, and fake weapons but I haven't seen them yet today... Just a little concerned if the police stopped them or something like that.

saw them! outstanding costumes. got a pic with one of them, very very cool. i'm uber jealous.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • softlydeftlysoftlydeftly Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well my cortana costume didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, I really wasn't blue enough, but it must have been all right because people asked for so many pictures I ended up hiding in the arcade for a while. there was another cortana too, she was in a body suit though, totally blue. anyway, it was fun, pretty much every costume I was was good so nice job guys :)

softlydeftly on
    edited August 2008
    well my cortana costume didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, I really wasn't blue enough, but it must have been all right because people asked for so many pictures I ended up hiding in the arcade for a while. there was another cortana too, she was in a body suit though, totally blue. anyway, it was fun, pretty much every costume I was was good so nice job guys :)

wow, cortana would be SO hard to do! please post pics soon!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So...I saw someone else--on my way to the line for the concert last night--playing Zero-Suit Samus...eh.

Unless she was wearing a wig and was not at that point in time, Lyanth's Ghettofied "If Samus Were Actually Raised By Her Parents" outfit was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO better.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • princesskickerprincesskicker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This was my very first PAX and I had a great time dressing up as Cortana (Halo3 is where it all started) I dressed up as a blue Cortana in my body suit and stiletto heels. It was killer walking in them but I mostly felt bad for my husband who was dressed up as the rest spartan masterchief. He had a mini Cortana (my idea hehe) on his left shoulder that was glowing blue as well. I had a great time taking photos with Shishka and got a total (a totalllll) kick out of having a shot with Jen Taylor. I was happy that she was pleased to see a Cortana dressed up. Also, I enjoyed the candid shots with Aaron from the Bungie booth... I just hope my blue make up wasn't tmth lol *blushing* --(blue blush) lolllll

I didn't expect my costume to take so long to make until I realized that I had final touches to do a few hours before PAX started, where I stayed up a little later than expected; but, totally worth it. It was my first PAX so I was a bit hesitant about my costume.

Here is the photo of me as Cortana:

2819728122_10b59c29ce.jpg

The voice of Cortana, Jen Taylor; and me at the signing booth of Bungie:

2820900692_afaeeee8bf.jpg

Cortana showing her birdy (to my hubby) to Masterchief: :-D

2820900622_3efa57843b.jpg

princesskicker on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hi eveyone! I have to thank you all for your awesome cosplay. I'd never been to a con before and didn't know what to think about it at first but you made everything so fun and colorful at PAX. I couldn't imaging the experience without you all! Thanks!

MR.T on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Why couldn't any of you cosplay TF2 or King of Fighters?

So disappointed in all of you.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why couldn't any of you cosplay TF2 or King of Fighters?

So disappointed in all of you.

Look again. There were quite a few spies, a few scout chicks, a pyro, an engineer, and a medic. At least, those are the ones I saw. There may have been more.

Houn on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    Look again. There were quite a few spies, a few scout chicks, a pyro, an engineer, and a medic. At least, those are the ones I saw. There may have been more.
    Ahh yes i just saw that. Thanks for the correction. The scout chick, with the spy, is uber hot.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • BlueScout_BlueScout_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    Ahh yes i just saw that. Thanks for the correction. The scout chick, with the spy, is uber hot.

:]

Thanks.

It was a really fun costume.

I think I'm going to perfect it and re-debut next year.

BlueScout_ on
  • PanopeaPanopea Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heya! I Just wanna say thank you to everyone who did my Elizabeth Requests, especially to those who "Frolic"ed!

Also, sup to the Kingdom Hearts/Kid Icarus Cosplayers, and thanks again for the awesome Assassin's booty!

Finally, Lyanth, it was really nice meeting you in both of my outfits, and I'm looking forward to your completed Samus costume ^_^

I think we should plan a gathering for next year, and we we get high enough attendance, try to jumpstart either a cosplay contest or cosplay catwalk.

Panopea on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll probably go as Doctor Who again next year.

Because, you know... it's a screwdriver.

And if anyone questions me on the details, I can say, "Doctor Who dies and comes back as an Asian dude. Plus, he's a time traveler, so it's from a season that hasn't happened yet."

Schrodinger on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anybody got any ideas how to top the Waldo outfit from this year? And mad props to all the other people who definitely put more time into their outfits then finding a shirt on eBay and knitting a hat.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hahaha looks like you guys are just having fun here ^^ keep up the awesomeness, and don't be afraid to post photos! Just keep em small or as links!

*isoftoedittheop*

<3

[EDIT] also, anyone know what happened with the PAA Costume Contest? I want to post the winners in the OP ^^

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Hahaha looks like you guys are just having fun here ^^ keep up the awesomeness, and don't be afraid to post photos! Just keep em small or as links!

*isoftoedittheop*

<3

[EDIT] also, anyone know what happened with the PAA Costume Contest? I want to post the winners in the OP ^^

which costume contest was that? i don't recall PAA...please, for those of us who are stupid could you please explain PAA?

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, Penny Arcade Adventures =) It was that Precipice of Darkness contest you entered. OH! You should post your pic of your costume here, I think people would love to see the mask you made especially, it was awesome!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Anybody got any ideas how to top the Waldo outfit from this year? And mad props to all the other people who definitely put more time into their outfits then finding a shirt on eBay and knitting a hat.

Murder the people who made you into a quest?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think anyone posted a single picture of me in my RSPD Tycho cosplay or my Steampunk suit. That sucks

Officer on
  • Tard_BoyTard_Boy Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    Zoop! I've only discovered this thread now. Chiming in late, I guess.
    Tard_Box_loop.gif + a decade = PAXBoxLoop.gif
    2826384660_eacfea506d.jpg
    * Much thanks to DarkPhibre for his awesome GIF stitch before I could do one.
    THANKS, Dude!

For whoever was wondering what the heck we were, we're kinda representing the old TRIBES game. A decade ago, I made this Halloween costume and also joined the TRIBES Player Bulletin Board claiming to be a member of a little-known tribe of Tards who have super cheap-o armor and equipment. When I shared the demonstration GIF of the Urban Camo Pack, someone passed it on, and it got passed around the internet for the last 10 years, including in EBaum's World, over celphones, as forum avatars, and in at least a half-dozen entries on YouTube. I've even found people doing their own versions of the costume.

Anyway, Omega-Tard and I were kinda resurrecting the Tard humor with new armor and demonstrating his Karaoke Pack (more Tardnology). We were only there in cardboard on Saturday, but we'd love to see if anybody else got pictures/vids of us.

We really enjoyed everybody else's costumes this year! What a great expo! Lots of great creativity and a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Where else could we be such freaks without getting chucked into a dumpster?

Tard_Boy on
    Dogs love me 'cause I'm craaazy-sniffable![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    lol, that's awesome! I like it =)

VThornheart on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm still going to convince VThornheart that we should get a group together to cosplay as members of the Order of the Stick. Like I already called Elan for it (I can play a mean lute... okay not really).

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
    edited September 2008
    Aye! Though I may need your help figuring out if I can fit to a specific character... I have a plan in mind...

VThornheart on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm still going to convince VThornheart that we should get a group together to cosplay as members of the Order of the Stick. Like I already called Elan for it (I can play a mean lute... okay not really).

OMG YES. I call Vaarsuvius if he's not taken! I can even do epic rants!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited September 2008
    Ah! Awesome BA! =)=)

I've still got to think of who I can do. I had this secret plan that might help hide the Cookie Brigade box to boot, but there's no OOTS character that would make that happen... so back to plan B, finding an OOTS character. =)

VThornheart on
  • HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I was thinking Durkon for you actually... I mean you could be Roy but you know....

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
    edited September 2008
    Oh, durkon sounds great! I'm game for that!

VThornheart on
  • millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what kind of cosplay contest would you like to see next year? other than another precipice costume contest

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
    edited September 2008
    I think a just plain old general "video game character" one would be great honestly. Forget this limiting to one game crap.

BrokenAngel on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think a just plain old general "video game character" one would be great honestly. Forget this limiting to one game crap.

Wait... why are we limiting this to just video games?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited September 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

Wait... why are we limiting this to just video games?

Well since its a gaming convention I figured they would keep it to that, but hell make it free for all! whoo!

BrokenAngel on
    edited September 2008
    Woot! That way your Vaarsuvius costume has a chance of winning BA! =) It'll be good! =)

VThornheart on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I was kicking the idea around in IRC, so I guess I'll post it here. I propose a huge Venture Bros cosplay. Any character from any episode. Think about it; there are some great one-off characters who had a bit part and were never heard from again, not to mention all the main characters. The costumes would be pretty easy to do for most of them.

Anyone?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
This discussion has been closed.