As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did you know McCain was a POW? [Obama Thread]

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

blurf

I refrain from supporting Obama mostly because of his fans.

To be clear I am laughing at the sign in the top right.

The way I see it is, do I want to be associated with stupid, evil, fundamentalist republicans, or stupid, reactionary, pretentious democrats? Even though the latter is just as fucking retarded, at least they're not effectively stormtroopers commanded by Emperor Palpatine. Because McCaine reminds me of emperor palpatine.

Where would Karl Rove fit, in that analogy?

You know that dude standing the barrel of the death star's planet destroying cannon? The one with the silly hat who hits the button?

That's him.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Bibble wrote: »

I, too am voting for McCain because an old lady in a picture does not understand how ironic her sign is.

Try again Bibble.

Ron Paul is the true call.

are you fucking serious

No, I am not supporting McCain either. I just get all uneasy about Obama and how quickly his followers accept so much of what he says.

its cool that you rate candidates based on their supporters instead of the person actually running for office, good on you

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trell wrote: »
    hahaha

hahahahaha

carly fiorina is the dumbest motherfucker alive.

she literally just called SNL's palin-hillary clinton skit sexist.

hahahahahahaha

Like when you say "fagsaywhat" and the person goes "what? what? what!"

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I, too am voting for McCain because an old lady in a picture does not understand how ironic her sign is.

Try again Bibble.

are you fucking serious

No, I am not supporting McCain either. I just get all uneasy about Obama and how quickly his followers accept so much of what he says.

its cool that you rate candidates based on their supporters instead of the person actually running for office, good on you

I would like to believe that the supporters and followers are truly the power behind the politics.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Try again Bibble.

are you fucking serious

I would like to believe that the supporters and followers are truly the power behind the politics.

Until the day when we live in an absolute, direct democracy this will be a totally flawed viewpoint. Followers really just represent a numerical necessity, since the average person doesn't give two fucks about anything outside of a presidential election, if they've even summoned the initiative for that.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    This election is really like the exact opposite as 04, for me

I really hated both candidates in 2004. Kerry was terrible and even halfway in everyone knew how inept Bush was.

This time around I really rather like both candidates, though that may be because I'm hoping if McCain wins he will suddenly revert to the '00 McCain I fell in love with.

Yeah, really. I would not mind '00 McCain at all as president. But I think he's too far gone now.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

I really hated both candidates in 2004. Kerry was terrible and even halfway in everyone knew how inept Bush was.

This time around I really rather like both candidates, though that may be because I'm hoping if McCain wins he will suddenly revert to the '00 McCain I fell in love with.

Yeah, really. I would not mind '00 McCain at all as president. But I think he's too far gone now.

Ayup. My feelings towards McCain were, at best, mildly venomous prior to him picking Palin, but that choice has totally cemented my hatred for him and his campaign.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Ayup. My feelings towards McCain were, at best, mildly venomous prior to him picking Palin, but that choice has totally cemented my hatred for him and his campaign.

I would place his sudden change right after he became the Republican nominee.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I am beginning to suspect that the moment someone receives a Republican nomination, they are switched out with their mirror-universe version from whom they take the goattee and shove on stage

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    jigrah you are wrong because A) like fandyien said it is a representative democracy and B) if the best reason you have against obama is his extreme supporters, are you saying that mccain-palin supporters say stupid things less? really?

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jigrah you are wrong because A) like fandyien said it is a representative democracy and B) if the best reason you have against obama is his extreme supporters, are you saying that mccain-palin supporters say stupid things less? really?

Actually the biggest thing I have about Obama is he seems to promise too much and wants a drastically bigger government.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Nah it was way before that. Even back in like 06 you could tell he'd strayed pretty far off the straight talk express. You could tell very early on he was going to put his hat in the ring in 08 when he stopped being the party renegade.

Javen on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What exactly has McCain done that's gone too far? The way I see it he's fallen well short of the swift boat ads.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TrellTrell __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    What exactly has McCain done that's gone too far? The way I see it he's fallen well short of the swift boat ads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3sVPN5f62w&feature=related

Trell on
    ori's modding is stupid and arbitrary and based on no actual rule system but rather wind patterns and astrology.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Nah it was way before that. Even back in like 06 you could tell he'd strayed pretty far off the straight talk express. You could tell very early on he was going to put his hat in the ring in 08 when he stopped being the party renegade.

I'm gonna say when he spoke at that radical christian college.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    shut your faggot face, trell

(i'm sorry i thought you were banned I just had to do it)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Have you seen the "sex education for Kindergartners" ad? That was petty attempt at painting Obama as lascivious.

Edit: Thanks Trell.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    Have you seen the "sex education for Kindergartners" ad? That was petty attempt at painting Obama as lascivious.

Trell just posted that

And, dear God, they make him look like some sort of degenerate babyfucker

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    shut your faggot face, trell

(i'm sorry i thought you were banned I just had to do it)

I was banned and then I wasn't banned I don't know

I think it was more a glitch in the system than anything.

Trell on
    ori's modding is stupid and arbitrary and based on no actual rule system but rather wind patterns and astrology.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Ok now what did that bill actually do if not what the ad says?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited September 2008

it was legislation to try and protect children from sexual predators.

Trell on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "teaching sex to kids before they can read"

are you fucking serious

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

So that advertisement is a blatant fabrication? There's gotta be some sort of reality they're basing that "comprehensive sexual education" line on, or else I am just going to be totally disillusioned.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

So that advertisement is a blatant fabrication? There's gotta be some sort of reality they're basing that "comprehensive sexual education" line on, or else I am just going to be totally disillusioned.

it was sex education in the sense that "don't let people touch your bathing suit area" is sex education.

Trell on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/us/politics/11checkpoint.html?bl&ex=1221278400&en=139555dd265b8c71&ei=5087%0A

Basically call for education for students k-12 to include how to look our for sexual predators and what to do if somebody touches you in the wrong place. "Comprehensive" came from the fact the rest of the bill talks about teaching HIV-AIDS prevention to Kids Middle School and above. So the plan enacts a change in sex education from K to 12th grade.

Also, Obama supported it, didn't sponsor it. And it also didn't ultimately pass.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There's gotta be some sort of reality they're basing that "comprehensive sexual education" line on, or else I am just going to be totally disillusioned.

Yeah and I'd like to see it.

Butters on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I knew how to read before kindergarten. Kids these days, lazy as hell.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/us/politics/11checkpoint.html?bl&ex=1221278400&en=139555dd265b8c71&ei=5087%0A

Basically call for education for students k-12 to include how to look our for sexual predators and what to do if somebody touches you in the wrong place. "Comprehensive" came from the fact the rest of the bill talks about teaching HIV-AIDS prevention to Kids Middle School and above. So the plan enacts a change in sex education from K to 12th grade.

Also, Obama supported it, didn't sponsor it. And it also didn't ultimately pass.

Oh, wow. Not only is that incredibly dishonest, it's pathetic - they're really grasping at fucking straws over in the McCain camp.

The worst thing is, though, I bet it's incredibly goddamn effective. I'm sure there are shitholes everywhere worried about how we might elect a pederast now.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

what age does kindergarten start over there, because i could sure as fuck not read at 2,5 years old

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

what age does kindergarten start over there, because i could sure as fuck not read at 2,5 years old

Kindergarten starts at age 5-6 here, anything before that is via private Pre-Schools

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I bet it's incredibly goddamn effective.

Shit yeah it is effective. I have to listen to people every day in my office talk about "Obama the pedo" like they are some kind of walking Bill O'Rilley. These ads work on the small minded who just watch their dose of Fox News in the break room and think they are informed.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If that is true it is indeed pathetic but I don't trust to NYT to be impartial when it comes to Obama. I'd like to actually read the letter of the law on that one.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Kindergarten starts at age 5-6 here, anything before that is via private Pre-Schools

Really? Damn you dudes get shafted. Or are blessed, not sure. I fucking hated kindergarten

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

kindergarten starts at like 5 or 6 or something. I learned to read before I went to school but I don't really know how it happened, I kinda taught myself.

you'd think I'd be some supergenius but my smart kid days ended before I even went to school.

Trell on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Butters- Fox News?
    http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/09/mccain-slams-obama-on-sex-ed-vote/

Just about everywhere you look the Ad has been denounced more or less.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You peaked too soon trell. You should have saved that shit up for high school. (learning to read)

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the only thing I remember from kindergarten is a girl puking peas and carrots and getting my tongue stuck to a pole.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If that is true it is indeed pathetic but I don't trust to NYT to be impartial when it comes to Obama. I'd like to actually read the letter of the law on that one.

that's all public domain stuff, so it's kind of up to you if you want further proof that mccain's campaign is being run by shameless scumbags because you don't trust the LIEBRUL MEDIA BIAS

Trell on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Butters you never responded to this

color me disappointed

Tossrock on
    sig.png
This discussion has been closed.