As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Team Drama 2: BitchNexus.

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I think I've learned the secret of being an effective Pyro.

Crits. :winky:

Indeed.

I had probably my best score ever playing TF2 last night. It was nice to be in the top 5 players instead of on the bottom still in single digits while the rest of the teams were in the 20s and 30s.

Can't remember if we were on the same server (Job's?) but I know I was critting like mad for two maps in a row.

And for the record DualEdge, that Pyro came from behind the shack, across the gap, and all up in yo' grill.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Asterith wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    nlawalker wrote: »
    Man, the other chums here were right. I'm sure you're a great guy and all but your name is just obnoxious on the forum layout.

maybe you should just not read the threads i post in...?

Except everyone else was posting here before you..?

This line of argument is kinda stupid, if you can't stand her name messing with the format, just do what airexplosive suggested

uh what I ant no girl?

I just can't take this chick seriously.

I don't think anyone can. I think Echo should check if it's somebody's alt. If it's not, then this is the most cliche ridden internet personality that I've ever seen, and that's just impressive.

If this is seriously a chick, she's setting girl gamers back five years. >.<

Snapty on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Snapty wrote: »
    Man, the other chums here were right. I'm sure you're a great guy and all but your name is just obnoxious on the forum layout.

This line of argument is kinda stupid, if you can't stand her name messing with the format, just do what airexplosive suggested

uh what I ant no girl?

I don't think anyone can. I think Echo should check if it's somebody's alt. If it's not, then this is the most cliche ridden internet personality that I've ever seen, and that's just impressive.

Oh man, last night was hilarious, what with people given you a hard time over demo vs scout.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    >.<

Asiina on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey kiddies, since I've been lurking in these threads since the game came out, thought I'd pop in and say hi, since I finally have something to contribute.

Anyway, seeing as I live in backwater Australia, I can't play TF2 with you guys since I have 250 ping, which is really not conducive to fun times. BUT, seeing as I've got something like 4 and a half months off uni with nothing to do, and some cash lying around, I'm thinking of starting an aussie TF2 PA server. Now I have seen some aussies post in here, so can I get an idea of some numbers, so I know what size server I would be looking at, or if it's even worth starting one at all.

So maek poast, let me know.

Just like to say, if there were peoples on your server, then I would totally play on it with 300 ping or whatever I'd have from playing from California. Just because I'd like to see people complain about being backstabbed from across the room and so I can snipe like this legendary Soal from moonland.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    SnaptySnapty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Oh man, last night was hilarious, what with people given you a hard time over demo vs scout.

So hilarious! Ah haa. ha...

Edit: and if by people, you mean Pretentious :P

Snapty on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Indeed.

I had probably my best score ever playing TF2 last night. It was nice to be in the top 5 players instead of on the bottom still in single digits while the rest of the teams were in the 20s and 30s.

Can't remember if we were on the same server (Job's?) but I know I was critting like mad for two maps in a row.

And for the record DualEdge, that Pyro came from behind the shack, across the gap, and all up in yo' grill.

I was the one that was piping Beastie Boys, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, and the Benny Hill Theme.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Indeed.

I was the one that was piping Beastie Boys, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, and the Benny Hill Theme.

I haven't piped that since we all played Zombie Panic.

But no, that wasn't you. We had various Star Wars piping.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

uh what I ant no girl?

NO no, she's an avant garde. I don't know any women that both love Arby's and "69 so fine". Usually I have to pick one or the other.

EDIT:
    Perhaps this is the reason for the lack of women in my life as of late. I probably should be looking to expand my horizons and look for women who also enjoy finer dining in addition to Arby's.

Arminas on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I stood up for ya. I'd rather have you as a demo raping mans then as a silly scout due to Pretentious cockmouthing any day.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »

I stood up for ya. I'd rather have you as a demo raping mans then as a silly scout due to Pretentious cockmouthing any day.

i didnt. i wanted you to proove your worth as something other than demo..

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    Arbys LoverArbys Lover __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Uhm i ant no girl, I'm a woman :)

Arbys Lover on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone have some mid-level advice for spies? I can usually keep my score to about the middle of the pack (on bad days, of course, I stay at the bottom, but usually I can keep up). I find the revolver is not quite as reliable as I'd like, but other than that, any suggestions?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone have some mid-level advice for spies? I can usually keep my score to about the middle of the pack (on bad days, of course, I stay at the bottom, but usually I can keep up). I find the revolver is not quite as reliable as I'd like, but other than that, any suggestions?

This is a really good guide, if you haven't already watched it. It has more stuff for spies that have pretty much learned all the basics to being a spy.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    I wouldn't call it advice, but hey, it's an opportunity to shill my shitty spying video! (78 megs)

Echo on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I had some interesting times as a spy on a couple of pubs earlier. But I wish there was an option to auto-record your last ten seconds of life or something- like deathcams, only deathvids.

Basically I was running behind a pyro, stabbing him in the back three fucking times, sound effect, pain grunt, blood and everything- and he resolutely failed to die, before turning around and killing me with crit fire. Jeez the registration is bad sometimes.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    AsterithAsterith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it advice, but hey, it's an opportunity to shill my shitty spying video! (78 megs)

Would you consider this a "How Not To" video? That in itself would be instructional.

Asterith on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If you want to be a good spy I recommend not playing on pubby servers because you will just learn bad habits

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

This is a really good guide, if you haven't already watched it. It has more stuff for spies that have pretty much learned all the basics to being a spy.
    That'll help my knifework quite a bit. now I just need some revolvering.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If you want to be a good spy I recommend not playing on pubby servers because you will just learn bad habits
    I don't pub anyways.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

If you come out of water while invisible, there'll be water drops around your body so you're not really invisible..
    And if you disguise and then turn invisible, the smoke still is going to be there.
    And if you reload while disguised it shows the enemies as the class you're disguised at is reloading too [not sure about this, saw it on the tf2wiki].

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The main reason I play on pubs at all is because of the wonderously weird feeling of performing headshots that kill virtually the moment I click, as opposed to a split-second later. It's so awesome.

The pyro incident confirmed for me that it's not just ping that's responsible for some of my gaffes. I had 33 ping on some UK server and the same shit kept happening with my backstab attempts. Irritating.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man, heavies piss me off.

I'll come up behind one, flaming at point blank will count 1...2...and on 3 he'll turn around and I'm dead in 0.352 seconds. And the killcam shot? He's not even in the red.

Fuck that shit!

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    And the killcam shot? He's not even in the red.

Assuming my Steam friends can be trusted, I think the health-indicator on the killcam is deeply unreliable. Apparently they've been packing like <30% health when the cam implies 90%.

And despite the weapon-switch delay, I've recently found that versus overhealed heavies, using flamethrower > axetinguisher > flamethrower tends to be more reliable for me than setting them alight and trying to axe them repeatedly, at least with my shitty luck in melee.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, heavies piss me off.

I'll come up behind one, flaming at point blank will count 1...2...and on 3 he'll turn around and I'm dead in 0.352 seconds. And the killcam shot? He's not even in the red.

Fuck that shit!

Axtinguisher!

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That'll help my knifework quite a bit. now I just need some revolvering.

To improve your revolvering... just practice I suppose. I only use it when I'm out of cloak, on fire, there's a massive chokepoint I simply can't get around, or Imma gonna get krubered.

Edit: Oh, and sometimes I'll pop a few shots before or as I retreat or cloak, and sometimes if I'm chasing somebody who's out of reach and I'm confident I could shoot down before they can react. Oh, and in spy fights. Oh, and when I've almost got somebody. Oh, right, and when I catch somebody who's simply not paying attention but out of reach.

Edit edit edit edit edit: and in every other situation possible.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I suggest the opposite. Play on pubs (find a good one) every once in a while to get out of a rut or if you feel like you can't hit anything. PA players fall for shit that pub players tend to spot in a heartbeat and vice versa (ie: PA'ers fall for the Medic disguise a lot while on pubs I'm lit up in a second).

Playing two weeks of Sniper helped my revolver shots a lot.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

do you actually get away with this stuff in PA servers?! the people on that server seem dumber than us... but maybe im wrong..

Also: the short cuts section is sic, i knew most of them, but some i hadn't even thought of trying. i love it.. gonna use some of that!

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

do you actually get away with this stuff in PA servers?! the people on that server seem dumber than us... but maybe im wrong..
    Yeah, I could tell right away that a bunch of that stuff would never fly on PA servers, but some of it was pretty sound advice.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You'd be surprised. To what are you referring to in particular? I do the stalking, still trying to master the leaping backstab, quickstabs, most of the disguise stuff is unreliable but still gets a kill here and there, oh and the illusions work wonders.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DualEdge wrote: »

I suggest the opposite. Play on pubs (find a good one) every once in a while to get out of a rut or if you feel like you can't hit anything. PA players fall for shit that pub players tend to spot in a heartbeat and vice versa (ie: PA'ers fall for the Medic disguise a lot while on pubs I'm lit up in a second).

Really? Medic is almost as easy to spot as Scout.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    martymarty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PA has a memory curve for spies. You can get away with a disguise once or twice, but it gets picked up easily.

Best advice I can give is, cloak is your main thang. Disguise just lets you nip behind targets. Stab, cloak, repeat.

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »

Assuming my Steam friends can be trusted, I think the health-indicator on the killcam is deeply unreliable. Apparently they've been packing like <30% health when the cam implies 90%.

And despite the weapon-switch delay, I've recently found that versus overhealed heavies, using flamethrower > axetinguisher > flamethrower tends to be more reliable for me than setting them alight and trying to axe them repeatedly, at least with my shitty luck in melee.

Well the killcam takes a few seconds to kick in, so in that time they could have found a healthpack or a medic latched on. But a lot of the time I'll find fatty off by himself and he's still doing fine.

Also yesterday I tried axing a flaming heavy and it didn't crit. It hit, blood shot out, and he yelled, but no crit.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You'd be surprised. To what are you referring to in particular? I do the stalking, still trying to master the leaping backstab, quickstabs, most of the disguise stuff is unreliable but still gets a kill here and there, oh and the illusions work wonders.

its not so much the techniques.. but its more that they seem dumb enough to fall for it.. i personally think that we tend to be more clued up to spies.. except a few, such as you, jak and zen.. to name some main offenders.. maybe i just think too much of us lot. though personally i think were pretty awsome.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    DualEdge wrote: »

Really? Medic is almost as easy to spot as Scout.

I think it's because no one ever sees it coming so they never notice it. On pubs I get lit up in a second and a "lol stupid spy" remark.

Also, try to gauge where enemy spies are moving to if you catch them cloaking. We need more cloak stabs.

Stabs from below are almost always backstabs. Stabs from above are harder and might get you a sentry to the face.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One thing I've found is that playing spy for an extended period of time is really frustrating.

I try not to get too attached/locked in to one class for a given play session. If we have snipers or other people bugging us and there's an opportunity for me to go spy, I'll do it for a few minutes, then switch back. At that point, people will be spy checking, which is to our team's advantage because they're looking for something that isn't there, and all our slots are now filled with classes that can be used to full effectiveness.

nlawalker on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Honestly, I rely too much on Engi disguise, although I do occasionally throw in a demo or a pyro

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »

Well the killcam takes a few seconds to kick in, so in that time they could have found a healthpack or a medic latched on. But a lot of the time I'll find fatty off by himself and he's still doing fine.

Also yesterday I tried axing a flaming heavy and it didn't crit. It hit, blood shot out, and he yelled, but no crit.

personally i dont bother much with the axetinguiser... its far better to just run circles round them, there was some heavy yesterday who had a medic and i managed to take them both out by doing that... think he was new though otherwise hed have a higher mouse sensitivity like enders, so far the only person i cant circle round coz he pwns me like a bitch. the rest of you though have all had your fair share

GreenPowerRanger on
This discussion has been closed.