Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] Tight

1242527293053

Posts

  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Fighting the War on String Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    what else do you mean then?

    Well... you know... non-fiction. Books on history, philosophy, psychology... Like the books on my nightstand at home right now are This is Your Brain on Music, Generation Debt, Foucault's The History of Sexuality, and Beware the Talking Cure.

    oh.

    Oh yeah you're right about what you were saying earlier then. I misunderstood entirely. But I would argue still though, that say the short story Brokeback mountain would affect me more than a non fiction essay (is that what you call it?) book about how dreadful it is to be gay in the midwest.

    75trafim7bi2.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    duallain wrote: »
    Anytime a female offers to get naked it just takes the challenge out of the whole deal.

    So, I !pass, on naked passerby

    Nah, not offering. Being forced to by Mike.

    He's such a misogynist.

    Well, MikeMan is totally Heinleinian. Fucker loves him some Robert Heinlein. If you're a woman and you're not walking around naked offering blowjobs to every man in sight, then you're just not liberated enough.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MISOGYNY

    OOOOH, THAT'S THE WAY TO BE

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    duallain wrote: »
    Anytime a female offers to get naked it just takes the challenge out of the whole deal.

    So, I !pass, on naked passerby

    Nah, not offering. Being forced to by Mike.

    He's such a misogynist.

    Well, MikeMan is totally Heinleinian. Fucker loves him some Robert Heinlein. If you're a woman and you're not walking around naked offering blowjobs to every man in sight, then you're just not liberated enough.

    Sounds like a plan to me

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    duallain wrote: »
    Anytime a female offers to get naked it just takes the challenge out of the whole deal.

    So, I !pass, on naked passerby

    Nah, not offering. Being forced to by Mike.

    He's such a misogynist.

    Well, MikeMan is totally Heinleinian. Fucker loves him some Robert Heinlein. If you're a woman and you're not walking around naked offering blowjobs to every man in sight, then you're just not liberated enough.

    srsly

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No wait i am right

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I've got 7 steps for 5 people

    1.
    1-2
    3-4

    2.
    1-3
    4-5

    3.
    1-4
    5-2

    4.
    2-3
    1-5

    5.
    2-4
    3-5

    What am I missing here?

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Simon Moon wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    oh god no one else is listing domiciles

    list, damn you

    sell me places of occupancy!

    I thought you had that taken care of, already?
    That was on Monday. Then the flight was canceled. Now I've only seen two apartments, across four sources, and I've responded to both but got no response of my own.

    I'm just slamming F5 repeatedly and praying. My flight leaves in the morning regardless.

    words
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No wait i am right

    Really? What are the pairings for 5 people?

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    So I decided to try out Baldur's Gate after all this time owning a copy...created a mage and...I only get to use Magic Missile once? WTF?
    Uhm, you have never played or read over the basic rules of Dungeons & Dragons before?

    Spells and special abilities are not as common as in most fantasy games, especially at lower levels you will have to depend on your common weapons a lot more. As you progress you'll get to learn more spells, but you still won't be able to just spam them. That's not how magic works in D&D.

    Magic often doesn't work in D&D.

  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I didn't mean to suggest earlier that the method is to replace their religious faith with the secular optimism I elaborated on in the post you quoted. That "faith" is what I recommend to otherwise faithless people who have a hard time identifying with people of religious faith, and who tend towards a negative or overly pessimistic view of people in general.

    With regard to what you're talking about, your optimism and open-mindedness re: their conservative beliefs will earn you some trust, which you can then use to help explain why your secular morality and their religious beliefs are not incompatible. Once you get to the point where you can both agree that intelligent adults can have otherwise conflicting views on certain issues, and yet still agree that the other is a "good person," you can begin to use that common ground to broaden their world view.

    Most religious conservatives think that the secular world is openly hostile to them. You need to show them otherwise, but you can't do that if you don't trust them first. Believe it or not, even the most dour fundamentalist tends to think of themselves as being "optimistic," because they believe that God will solve their problems in the end. You need to show them that you can be optimistic too, because you believe that mankind, as children of God, have the ability to recognize and choose the right path. You can co-opt their own logic, use their faith to help convince them, so long as you're sincere and they don't think you're just trying to manipulate their beliefs to your advantage.

    I agree with everything in this post.

    I don't think that was ever in doubt. :P

    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Spoiler:
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    It's okay
    It's N-1 for even #s
    N for odd #s
    2N-3 for odd N


    For odd N it's the answer for N-1 (which is even, so N-2) plus the N-1 handshakes for the odd guy out.

    I think that's as efficient as you can get.

    I am really really out of it because of these sinutabs though

    I think he's right about N for odds. I got 5 steps for N=5 unless I screwed it up.
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    No wait i am right

    Really? What are the pairings for 5 people?

    I put em up on the last page.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ZIMMY AND ME

    OOOOH THAT'S THE WAY TO BE

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    duallain wrote: »
    Anytime a female offers to get naked it just takes the challenge out of the whole deal.

    So, I !pass, on naked passerby

    Nah, not offering. Being forced to by Mike.

    He's such a misogynist.

    Well, MikeMan is totally Heinleinian. Fucker loves him some Robert Heinlein. If you're a woman and you're not walking around naked offering blowjobs to every man in sight, then you're just not liberated enough.

    Ironic then, since I'm clothed, but he's the one offering blowjobs. Guess that means he's a confused misogynist. 'Cause you never run into people like that.

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    So I decided to try out Baldur's Gate after all this time owning a copy...created a mage and...I only get to use Magic Missile once? WTF?
    Uhm, you have never played or read over the basic rules of Dungeons & Dragons before?

    Spells and special abilities are not as common as in most fantasy games, especially at lower levels you will have to depend on your common weapons a lot more. As you progress you'll get to learn more spells, but you still won't be able to just spam them. That's not how magic works in D&D.

    Magic often doesn't work in D&D.

    Cloak of Spell Reflect
    : oh yes, the spell worked...and then it pulled a U-turn.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Disclaimer: MikeMan doesn't actually love him any Robert Heinlein. He just loves him some naked womens.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

    But heterosexual women suck dicks too.

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I've got 7 steps for 5 people

    1.
    1-2
    3-4

    2.
    1-3
    4-5

    3.
    1-4
    5-2

    4.
    2-3
    1-5

    5.
    2-4
    3-5

    What am I missing here?
    nothing
    its right

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    duallain wrote: »
    Anytime a female offers to get naked it just takes the challenge out of the whole deal.

    So, I !pass, on naked passerby

    Nah, not offering. Being forced to by Mike.

    He's such a misogynist.

    Well, MikeMan is totally Heinleinian. Fucker loves him some Robert Heinlein. If you're a woman and you're not walking around naked offering blowjobs to every man in sight, then you're just not liberated enough.

    Ironic then, since I'm clothed, but he's the one offering blowjobs. Guess that means he's a confused misogynist. 'Cause you never run into people like that.

    i'm just a loveologist

    love me some lovin'

    gonna study up on lovin'

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nevermind

    I continue to blame the medication

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Honestly I'm not saying anything particularly new here. Everything I've posted on this subject could ultimately be reduced to "be more like Obama."

    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Spoiler:
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Disclaimer: MikeMan doesn't actually love him any Robert Heinlein. He just loves him some naked womens.

    naked robert heinlein is even better!

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Robert Heinlein's women inspired me to seek master-slave lifestyling relationships

    true story

    only had to do that once

    don't read any more Heinlein, either

    words
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i'm just a loveologist

    love me some lovin'

    gonna study up on lovin'

    Ain't no problem you can't solve in loveology with a larger sample size.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

    But heterosexual women suck dicks too.

    Yeah, but they're women. Women can't be gay, everyone knows that. They can only be drunk and curious. It's really not that complicated.

  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    So I decided to try out Baldur's Gate after all this time owning a copy...created a mage and...I only get to use Magic Missile once? WTF?
    Uhm, you have never played or read over the basic rules of Dungeons & Dragons before?

    Spells and special abilities are not as common as in most fantasy games, especially at lower levels you will have to depend on your common weapons a lot more. As you progress you'll get to learn more spells, but you still won't be able to just spam them. That's not how magic works in D&D.

    Magic often doesn't work in D&D.

    Cloak of Spell Reflect
    : oh yes, the spell worked...and then it pulled a U-turn.

    or

    DM: Nothing happens.

  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not saying anything particularly new here. Everything I've posted on this subject could ultimately be reduced to "be more like Obama."

    so be more like a secret muslim terrorist who hates freedom and wants to plunge the country into islamo-communism?

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

    But heterosexual women suck dicks too.

    Yeah, but they're women. Women can't be gay, everyone knows that. They can only be drunk and curious. It's really not that complicated.

    Well, that cherry chapstick is like BUG catnip.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    nevermind

    I continue to blame the medication

    The problem with Senjentologists is their lack of faith in selective-seratonin reuptake inhibitors.

    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Spoiler:
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Disclaimer: MikeMan doesn't actually love him any Robert Heinlein. He just loves him some naked womens.

    naked robert heinlein is even better!

    Wow, necrophilia too? That's some kinky shit right there, man.

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Robert Heinlein's women inspired me to seek master-slave lifestyling relationships

    true story

    only had to do that once

    don't read any more Heinlein, either

    Oboro, you have done enough bad things to fill out an entire bad idea, good idea movie.
    Good idea: Read a book.
    Bad idea: Engage in a master-slave lifestyle because of said book.

  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not saying anything particularly new here. Everything I've posted on this subject could ultimately be reduced to "be more like Obama."

    so be more like a secret muslim terrorist who hates freedom and wants to plunge the country into islamo-communism?

    Osama bin Biden A++ #1 ALL THE WAY BABY!

    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Spoiler:
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Disclaimer: MikeMan doesn't actually love him any Robert Heinlein. He just loves him some naked womens.

    naked robert heinlein is even better!

    Wow, necrophilia too? That's some kinky shit right there, man.

    2 girls 1 heinlein?

  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

    But heterosexual women suck dicks too.

    Yeah, but they're women. Women can't be gay, everyone knows that. They can only be drunk and curious. It's really not that complicated.

    Well, that cherry chapstick is like BUG catnip.

    I, ah, ok. What's BUG?
    Spoiler:

  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    Robert Heinlein's women inspired me to seek master-slave lifestyling relationships

    true story

    only had to do that once

    don't read any more Heinlein, either

    Oboro, you have done enough bad things to fill out an entire bad idea, good idea movie.
    Good idea: Read a book.
    Bad idea: Engage in a master-slave lifestyle because of said book.

    What if the book is SM 101 by Jay Wiseman?
    Or maybe The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton?

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nothin' gay about suckin' dicks

    Except for the whole sucking part. And the dicks part.

    But heterosexual women suck dicks too.

    Yeah, but they're women. Women can't be gay, everyone knows that. They can only be drunk and curious. It's really not that complicated.

    Well, that cherry chapstick is like BUG catnip.

    I, ah, ok. What's BUG?
    Spoiler:

    How pale?

  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Fighting the War on String Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i think it would be hilarious if obama actually was a terrorist sleeper agent

    I would laugh

    75trafim7bi2.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    Robert Heinlein's women inspired me to seek master-slave lifestyling relationships

    true story

    only had to do that once

    don't read any more Heinlein, either

    Oboro, you have done enough bad things to fill out an entire bad idea, good idea movie.
    Good idea: Read a book.
    Bad idea: Engage in a master-slave lifestyle because of said book.
    The book was given to me by a man that I met in World of Warcraft and agreed to live with after moving to Florida

    you might know him from some other stories of mine

    where a closet figured prominently

    words
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I, ah, ok. What's BUG?

    BUG = Bisexual Until Graduation

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    how ass?

    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
This discussion has been closed.