As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

American Presidency: Today's secret word is... FUNGIBLE.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    So this was Retard vs. Retard, basically.

We're dealing with a special level of stupid here. He posted it to 4chan while using an alias instead of anonymously.

Edit: That being said, it's also possible that whoever posted it to 4chan intended to make a row about it and used a fake alias. *shrug* I expect we'll find out if the IPs corroborate.

Jragghen on
  • SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh god. I can hear the conspiracy theories from the right-wing lunatics now.

Spoony on
  • KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've just come to a realization that Geraldine Ferraro is a complete idiot:

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/this-might-do-it-for-mccain/
    It’s going to be a very interesting campaign. I must say that several months ago I said that it would be great if there was a woman on the ticket — that I felt that John McCain would have to pick someone, especially if Hillary was the nominee. But without Hillary being the nominee it’s really quite equally as important because people are looking for a smart campaign and I think this might do it.

There are a lot of women who are disaffected by how Hillary was treated by the media, by how she was treated by the Obama campaign, by how she was treated by the Democratic National Committee — [Democratic party chairman] Howard Dean not speaking up when sexism raised its ugly head in the media. They’ll be looking to see what happens now.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    More likely whoever posted it was just pissed at this kid, and compromised his box.

nescientist on
    edited September 2008
    Spoony wrote: »

I'm seeing a debate question. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing (makes her look like a victim) or a good thing (opens the door for Biden to ask why she was using the email for government work).

Jragghen on
    edited September 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'm seeing a debate question. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing (makes her look like a victim) or a good thing (opens the door for Biden to ask why she was using the email for government work).

I doubt it will come up during the debate. There's no real reason to bring it up and I don't think either of them knows or cares enough about computer security to want to talk about it.

I do expect talk radio and the McCain campaign to try and pin it on Obama somehow.

Spoony on
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Palin: Well, Senator Biden, I guess I'm just kinda a regular Jane like that. It's my small town roots, see.

*applause*

Clevinger on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Clevinger wrote: »

Palin: Well, Senator Biden, I guess I'm just kinda a regular Jane like that. It's my small town roots, see.

*applause*

"When I was offered tax-payer funded e-mails, I said, 'Thanks, but no thanks!"

*HUGE CHEERS*

Robos A Go Go on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "all the incriminating forum posts on 4chan.org have been deleted"

Clearly a cover-up operation.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

*applause*

Biden: I grew up in a town of less than 10,000. Being retarded is not a small town value.

Couscous on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

*applause*

"To which that might be all well and good when you're Governor of Podunk Alaska, but when you're Vice President of the United States the People who elected you tend to expect a little bit more than a "regular" commitment to common sense and protocol."

No-Quarter on
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

How exactly? This is a debate, not an interview. "So your email was hacked by this dude, Gov Palin...." "Yeah. [etc]" "Sen Biden, how do you respond?" "???"

Ifill isn't going to pull crap like that.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
    edited September 2008
    seasleepy wrote: »

How exactly? This is a debate, not an interview. "So your email was hacked by this dude, Gov Palin...." "Yeah. [etc]" "Sen Biden, how do you respond?" "???"

Did you watch any of the primary debates? Every other question was about some current-event scandal.

Jragghen on
  • galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Did you watch any of the primary debates? Every other question was about some current-event scandal.

Yes, but that was when the debates were moderated by morons.

Jim Lehrer and Gwen Ifill are pretty far from that.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
    edited September 2008

I think that has more to do with getting something interesting out of a group that agrees on 95% of the issues.

Spoony on
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lehrer and Ifill are more competent journalists than Blitzer.

I hope.

Lykouragh on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »

*applause*

"To which that might be all well and good when you're Governor of Podunk Alaska, but when you're Vice President of the United States the People who elected you tend to expect a little bit more than a "regular" commitment to common sense and protocol."

Does anybody else suspect that Wasila will replace Podunk by the time this is over?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Anybody watch tonight's 60 Minutes?

I was curious if Obama's supporters actually like his ambiguity?

LondonBridge on
    edited September 2008

If you're too internet illiterate to check the website, you're probably on the Republican ticket.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah. Ifill isn't going to pull crap like that.

If you want a preview, you can read/watch the VP debate from 2004, which she also moderated.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »

If you're too internet illiterate to check the website, you're probably on the Republican ticket.
    If ya can't remember how many houses ya own, yer probably on the republican ticket.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

If ya can't remember how many houses ya own, yer probably on the republican ticket.

If you can't remember if Spain is in Europe... well, you figure it out.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

What fucking website are you referring too??

Anyways, much like the Rick Warren forum and seeing how close we are to the debates the interview did cement my prediction on the outcome.

LondonBridge on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

Anyways, much like the Rick Warren forum and seeing how close we are to the debates the interview did cement my prediction on the outcome.

People are discussing important things right now and the last thing I need is another three-page digression on why you have a stone for a brain.

Rust on
  • Grim SqueakerGrim Squeaker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait a minute...

The current bill proposed basically gives the Treasury Secretary a 700 billion investment fund with no accountability...

If John McCain wins the election, one of the possible appointments for that position is...

Phil Gramm?!

The one responsible for this mess?!

D:D:D:D:

Grim Squeaker on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

And if you can't figure it out...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »

*applause*

Does anybody else suspect that Wasila will replace Podunk by the time this is over?

God I hope not...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Vote Nader!

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Then yer probably on the republican ticket.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, Larry the Cable Guy!

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited September 2008

Obama's website, which goes into more detail than McCain ever has or Obama has time for on the air. Hell, half of his recent ads tell you to check his website to learn more.

One very good example: we know exactly what Obama's social security plan is. All we have from McCain is a claim that he'll fix it.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Obama's site you nitwit. What else could they have meant? :P

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't see how it is possible to both criticize Obama for being ambiguous on policy and at the same time support Johnny.

deadonthestreet on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, John McCain is going to defeat evil everywhere.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't see how it is possible to both criticize Obama for being ambiguous on policy and at the same time support Johnny.

See, this is what I've learned. THIS isn't why he's voting for McCain. This more than likely has nothing to do with it. Rather, he's made up his mind on the race, and this is simply something to tear down Obama for.

To be fair, I find myself doing the same thing when debating Obama/McCain with others. My core arguments rarely have the same effect on others that they do on me.

narvinye on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

John McCain is for everything that you think is awesome, and against anything you think sucks

no ambiguity there

Senjutsu on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    emp123 wrote: »
    This is going to be completely off topic, but this is incredibly annoying:

Why do people insist on calling Sarah Palin the first woman to have a chance at the Presidency? I wasnt even born when Geraldine Ferraro was picked by Walter Mondale and even I know about it. What the fuck America, open a fucking book. Shit check google or something. Jesus.

I think that given what happened to Mondale at the actual election, commentators kinda scrub him from the record vis a vis "have a chance at the Presidency." And yes, it is very annoying. Palin's pick was not historic. At all.

It was the most nakedly cynical veep pick in history. That must count for something.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    538 has a new set of polls, putting Obama at a 74.4% win percentage.

0921_mainchart.png

Interestingly, OH is put at McCain+6.

2876537189_03758f88e2_o.png

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In a single 24 period John McCain can take both sides of an issue.

There's no room for ambiguity on a position if you're already taking every position

Senjutsu on
  • ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

John McCain is for everything that you think is awesome, and against anything you think sucks

no ambiguity there

[Fry and Leela are watching a debate. The candidates are clones, they use the same tone of voice and body movements for each other's short speech]
    Jack Johnson: It's time for someone who has the courage to stand up and say,
    [slams his fist on the podium]
    Jack Johnson: "I'm against those things that everybody hates!"
    John Jackson: Now, I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man. But quite frankly...
    [slams his fist on the podium]
    John Jackson: I agree with everything he just said.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Argus wrote: »
    538 has a new set of polls, putting Obama at a 74.4% win percentage.

0921_mainchart.png

Interestingly, OH is put at McCain+6.

2876537189_03758f88e2_o.png

What is that, a two-percent gain?

Arrrgh suddenly all of this polling hoopla seems insignificant in light of the Republicans' attempt to exploit a financial crisis in order to ram through legislation to drain our coffers dry. I just hope any attempts at reform won't be used to sabotage the campaigns.

mtvcdm I am counting on the accuracy of your predictions here.

Rust on
This discussion has been closed.