Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Warhammer Online is pretty rad

2456763

Posts

  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    p.s. After my physical copy shows up maybe I'll make some gameplay video for you folks how does that sound.

    ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In those RvR zones (that's where the biggest battles take place right?) is it just people fighting or are there NPCs as well?

    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    the one open word RvR zone i was in was basically just empty except for some witch elf who killed me

    ssseeee.gif
  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    AhsackM_005.jpg

    it's like some episode of the twilight zone where someone stops time in the middle of a war and then takes all the people out and i'm the only one left emot-smith.gif

    ssseeee.gif
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    6 dead in blast at Amazon shipping center

  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You generally have to wait until a keep is under attack for the Open World stuff to be seriously intense.

    But getting a small group together and taking battlefield objectives is also pretty fun.

    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I can't figure out how to rotate the camera so that it's facing my character. Or how to get a second skill, like butchering or salvaging.

  • NinjerNinjer Registered User
    edited September 2008
    you only get one crafting one gathering skill

  • yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    you left click to rotate duh

    ssseeee.gif
  • JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    when will my witch hunter get a nice hat?

  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    when you find/buy one

    also, WAR looks much better than WoW. I don't understand peoples eyes sometimes

    t5qfc9.jpg
  • JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2008
    Well nuts.

    I'm rank 8 and haven't found a single hat.



    EDIT: I've got a skull mask though!

  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i finally found an officer to get an invite to squig.

    except squig was full, so now i am a proud member of the hooligan syndicate.

    we spent a good two hours DOMINATING nordland rvr, it was fucking awesome.

    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Tor Arnoc is my new favorite scenario now that we run the pain train in it. (Also the lava train)

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    You generally have to wait until a keep is under attack for the Open World stuff to be seriously intense.

    But getting a small group together and taking battlefield objectives is also pretty fun.

    It's also fairly good way to get reknown and xp for doing basically nothing.

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I know everything is PVP, but how is the ganking? Ganking is what made me fish all the damn time in WoW.

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    If you play on an Open server (right now at least) theres a good chance you'll run into a level 40 in the level 20 zone ganking people every now and then. I ran into a dude in Saphrey once and just ran back to my Warcamp and went to another zone.

    On core servers you don't need to worry about this because there is only PvP in the "RvR Lakes" (darker red areas on the map) or if you/the person are flagged. If you don't want to fight anyone, you don't have to flag and they can't do anything to you.

  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i thought there was no ganking because of the chickens

    pasig.jpg
    Steam | Fitocracy | XBL|PSN|WiiU|ninjafrizz 3DS FC - 5472-7018-3542
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Open servers only have chickens in Tier 1 and 2, and you don't turn into a chicken until you are a full tier above (tier 3 in tier 1, tier 4 in tier 2)

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Which probably makes no sense to anyone who isn't playing/hasn't been following the game

    On core servers, you will turn into a chicken (1hp):

    level 12 in tier 1
    level 22 in tier 2
    level 32 in tier 3
    never in tier 4

    On open servers you will turn into a chicken:

    level 22 in tier 1
    level 32 in tier 2
    never in tier 3
    never in tier 4

    You are also always flagged for PvP on Open servers, so any time you run across an enemy you can fight them.

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Pretty sure they're on Core. I think im the only person around who is on Open.

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I may definitely look into this, then, even if I end up playing only once or twice a week.

  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damnit USPS send the fucking box to SEATTLE

    September 24, 2008 05:58:00 AM FEDERAL WAY WA Arrival Scan
    September 23, 2008 09:05:00 AM EVERETT WA Mis-sorted by carrier
    September 19, 2008 07:23:00 PM SEATTLE WA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit
    September 19, 2008 10:45:00 AM SEATTLE WA Arrival Scan
    September 17, 2008 08:22:00 PM ELKRIDGE MD Arrival Scan

    ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Weaver this is about the time where I would give up, go buy it at Target, and refund the shipped copy soon as it arrives

    I admire your patience though

    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want to get a little pilgrim hat for my Witch Hunter.

    Though I'm thinking a rakish Musketeer'esque one would also be acceptable.

    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why do people always tell me to go to Target? I fucking hate target. I cannot go into Target without flipping a shit. All that red digs right into some primordial murder instinct in my mind and simultaneously makes me want to smash everything while giving me a headache.

    ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Why do people always tell me to go to Target? I fucking hate target. I cannot go into Target without flipping a shit. All that red digs right into some primordial murder instinct in my mind and simultaneously makes me want to smash everything while giving me a headache.

    Are you related to a bull by chance

    (actually it's strange that I thought first of Target when I usually go to Fry's for this shit)

    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
  • edited September 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Backwards go play Eve a bit if you want to talk about MMO graphics.

    Even with the old engine they beat WoW to death for making the most with old stuff

    I admit EVE's ships looked/look great, but the environments are so fucking bare, it's hard to really compare to the lushness and vividness of the WoW world. I mean christ pretty much everything in Outlands I had to just sit and stare at for like ten minutes when I first saw it.

    The ships in EVE really do look badass though.

    Edit: P.S. Open ruleset is kind of bonered and there's more than enough PvP in the Core ruleset that you never really need to worry about a lack of PvP on Core servers.

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If anyone wants to have some fun, I rolled on the Skull Throne server Destruction side with some people I know from WoW who are PvP hardcore. We hooked up with a decent sized guild and comb the land for Order to slaughter.

    I just rerolled from Witch Elf to Black Orc to help out a bit on the front line. My Black orc is Gurtogg. WAAAGH!

  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    If anyone wants to have some fun, I rolled on the Skull Throne server Destruction side with some people I know from WoW who are PvP hardcore. We hooked up with a decent sized guild and comb the land for Order to slaughter.

    I just rerolled from Witch Elf to Black Orc to help out a bit on the front line. My Black orc is Gurtogg. WAAAGH!

    Goons rolled Order on Skull Throne.

    Have fun.

    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nooo, I want to be order side because Engineer!

  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really need to remember to spam local chat during scenarios

    ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Jaina Proudmoore, Male Dwarf Ironbreaker

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    If anyone wants to have some fun, I rolled on the Skull Throne server Destruction side with some people I know from WoW who are PvP hardcore. We hooked up with a decent sized guild and comb the land for Order to slaughter.

    I just rerolled from Witch Elf to Black Orc to help out a bit on the front line. My Black orc is Gurtogg. WAAAGH!

    Goons rolled Order on Skull Throne.

    Have fun.

    Who?

    So far, even with a lower level Witch Elf, I've done nothing but kick ass in this game. Witch Elf is cool but has no survivability and the damage just isn't quite enough to compensate for the no chance in hell I have if I bump into a white lion, swordmaster, or dwarf tank guy.

  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Jaina Proudmoore, Male Dwarf Ironbreaker
    teehee

  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    Daric wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    If anyone wants to have some fun, I rolled on the Skull Throne server Destruction side with some people I know from WoW who are PvP hardcore. We hooked up with a decent sized guild and comb the land for Order to slaughter.

    I just rerolled from Witch Elf to Black Orc to help out a bit on the front line. My Black orc is Gurtogg. WAAAGH!

    Goons rolled Order on Skull Throne.

    Have fun.

    Who?

    So far, even with a lower level Witch Elf, I've done nothing but kick ass in this game. Witch Elf is cool but has no survivability and the damage just isn't quite enough to compensate for the no chance in hell I have if I bump into a white lion, swordmaster, or dwarf tank guy.

    Goons [n]
    The collective term for members of the SomethingAwful forums.

    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well the average order player on the server seems to be a WoW kiddie who thinks healers should be front line and able to withstand anything. I've never seen so many keyboard turners in my life.

    It's fantastic. The only issue I have in PvP is the class balancing. The individual classes are basically balanced, but the team synergy is a must. If your team has no tanks or only range DPS you are going to get spanked. If there's a good mix of healers, tanks, melee, and ranged you're a juggernaut of pure destruction. I like it better then the WoW model where class X is a god and class Y is fodder, where X can kill dozens of Y's without any support.

  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hunter wrote: »
    Well the average order player on the server seems to be a WoW kiddie who thinks healers should be front line and able to withstand anything. I've never seen so many keyboard turners in my life.

    It's fantastic. The only issue I have in PvP is the class balancing. The individual classes are basically balanced, but the team synergy is a must. If your team has no tanks or only range DPS you are going to get spanked. If there's a good mix of healers, tanks, melee, and ranged you're a juggernaut of pure destruction. I like it better then the WoW model where class X is a god and class Y is fodder, where X can kill dozens of Y's without any support.

    That's the average Order character on any server, except add in 'healers who think they should be DPS'ing, not healing, and can't understand why you think they should heal'. Sorry champ, but if you roll a healer, I should be able to count on you for, you know, healing. If all you wanted to do was DPS, then maybe you should have rolled a DPS character?

    Also Order tends to run like little girls as soon as the odds become even slightly worse than even.

    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like how both sides are being generalized so much already, like some sort of twisted confirmation bias

    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
This discussion has been closed.