As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Earthworm Jim! The End!

12346»

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gilder - SIMPLY AMAZING!

The ending, so awesome. Especially
    the clue segue. I love that movie! (and own it on DVD!)

HAHA! I totally forgot about the
    cow at the end!

and I KNEW Jim was going to
    grab the crown!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Great LP, Gilder. I also spent about eight hours solid watching your Mario LPs a week ago - you're one funny guy when it comes to constant failure :p

When I played this game all those years ago, I got to the last level without knowing about the helicopter thing Jim does with his head. When it came to the hover section, I was like, "Bwuh?"

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The reason it's called "Use your head!" is because that's what appears above Jim in the Snes version where you first start in Buttville.

Djiem on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Excellently done. Gilder, you rock the LP world. Has anybody ever told you that with your voice you could do game shows?

joshofalltrades on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So Gilder, time for the sequel?

tardcore on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wish, but he was pretty unambiguous on that point.
    Gilder wrote: »
    And that's it folks! Thank you for watching Earthworm Jim and I hope you enjoyed it. I am not going to do the sequel.

freakish light on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wonder what he meant by that...

Maybe it's a hint he's going to do the sequel!

Monsty on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gilder, your LPs are very entertaining. You have one of those voices that suits very well for this sort of thing.

Brought back some great memories of EWJ, I played both games to death on my megadrive. Thanks!

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, very entertaining LP once again, Gilder. I hope you figure out another game to play eventually, as yours are always fun to watch because of your special voice and inherent...good LP guy juices.

Schide on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I loved it, Gilder. Great job.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • X-Law-NikX-Law-Nik Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, thanks a lot, gilder. We had such fun and we are looking forward to see you again. Great job!

X-Law-Nik on
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, it was a great LP. It was especially nice to see the levels I missed out on, and to be reminded of levels I'd forgotten entirely (Level 5).

Makes me wish for an EWJ2 LP. Heck, if I had the equipment, the knowhow, or the voice to do a LP I'd probably do it myself.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    tardcore wrote: »
    So Gilder, time for the sequel?

He said earlier in the thread that he didn't like EWJ2 very much, if I recall correctly.

Igort on
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awe shucks.

tardcore on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Once again, thanks for a most enjoyable LP, Gilder. It's nice to see you playing a game that doesn't drive you to the brink of insanity :lol: I especially liked the little clips of the Earthworm Jim cartoon spread throughout the videos. To my happy surprise, it is just as funny as I remembered it, and easily an equal to it's fellow early Kids WB! alum, Freakazoid. Hope they release EJ on DVD someday.

As for future LP suggestions, maybe you could demo the Super Saiyan Goemon and weird looking Impact from Goemon 3 at some point? Just a thought, is all.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FCD wrote: »
    Once again, thanks for a most enjoyable LP, Gilder. It's nice to see you playing a game that doesn't drive you to the brink of insanity :lol: I especially liked the little clips of the Earthworm Jim cartoon spread throughout the videos. To my happy surprise, it is just as funny as I remembered it, and easily an equal to it's fellow early Kids WB! alum, Freakazoid. Hope they release EJ on DVD someday.

As for future LP suggestions, maybe you could demo the blind cave salamander and weird looking Snot from Earthworm Jim 2 at some point? Just a thought, is all.

Speed Racer on
    edited September 2008
    Well, someone already linked a demo of the Blind Cave Salamander level, albeit without any running commentary.

FCD on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    FCD wrote: »

As for future LP suggestions, maybe you could demo the Super Saiyan Goemon and weird looking Impact from Goemon 3 at some point? Just a thought, is all.

Well as much as I like Goemon, especially 2 and 3, there's no way I could do the third game. Goemon 2 worked because it was mostly action. 3 though is more like Zelda and I can't translate japanese for all the dialogue. All I'd be able to do is read non-kanji names. Remind me in 5 years after I get some more book learnin and I might have enough of a comprehension of the language to translate it.

Gilder on
    edited September 2008
    No biggie. Did you ever figure out how to record N64 games?

FCD on