As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]elaide United

evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
I don't care if you all hate my first [chat], I'm still too excited from last Wednesday to care. My local football (soccer) team got through the ACL quarter finals and are now only two rounds from being named Asian Champions.

First leg goals (fuck you cornthwaite)

Second leg goal (love you cornthwaite)

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

evilbob on

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    it is a fair thing to make a [chat] for that which you love

I would not deprive anyone of this

Oboro on
    words
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wonder what the state lottery would say if you asked for your winnings in British pounds.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is probably the best chat in weeks, honestly.

Frosteey on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    everyone hated my chat

Casual Eddy on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    everyone hated my chat

I gave you a hard time but I did not hate your chat

skippydumptruck on
    edited September 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    This is probably the best chat in weeks, honestly.
    it's true, it's been a while since I've taken one

Oboro on
    words
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am Greeper, destroyer of Worlds.

All thought flows through me and from me. I am a being of perfect and immortal and total love. For everyone. Forever.

I play a mean game of Halo 2.

Greeper on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    First [chat], evilbob? Cool.

My chat didn't even last a day :P

James on
    edited September 2008
    Greeper wrote: »

All thought flows through me and from me. I am a being of perfect and immortal and total love. For everyone. Forever.

You cannot destroy my World, world-ruiner

Entropy cannot be unwrought by bloody hands!!

Oboro on
    words
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I would beat you senseless in Halo 2. Then after the shame had worn off, I might start shooting you a few times.

Frosteey on
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

You cannot destroy my World, world-ruiner

Entropy cannot be unwrought by bloody hands!!

No, I cannot!

I can only destroy the worlds I create. Like the artist who smashes flawed pottery across the workshop floor.

Greeper on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Justice Department Report Ignored thread ignored

skippydumptruck on
    edited September 2008
    oh okay, in that case

keep smashing those pots

they all end up in my office at the end of the day

Oboro on
    words
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »

First bob thread.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Elki wrote: »

First bob thread.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I don't really care if mine is short, it's just a [chat] thread.

James on
    edited September 2008

First bob thread.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I don't really care if mine is short, it's just a [chat] thread.

It's not the size of the [chat], it's how you use it.

Kagera on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Second vid is worth watching just for Andy Harper losing his shit on commentary.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited September 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

First bob thread.

And football is always awesome.

James on
    edited September 2008
    I was hoping that my [chat] director's commentaries would catch on, but they did not

instead they will remain a special bonus of Oboro [chat]s and Oboro [chat]s alone, it would seem

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    More Charleston, tonight. I'm gonna start bring my slick bottoms to dance from now on. Couldn't twist for shit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hm.

edit: Oh look at that I broke the 10,000 post mark recently. What do I win?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Excited about starting my road trip tomorrow. I wonder where it'll take me.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I LOVE YOU GUYS

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

First bob thread.

hey guy, tell me if I will like Bladestorm.

I played the demo and found the leveling mechanics compelling, and I sort of liked the gameplay, does it get boring?

Apothe0sis on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    More Charleston, tonight. I'm gonna start bring my slick bottoms to dance from now on. Couldn't twist for shit.
    ?

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU GUYS
    I LOVE PASTELS

Oboro on
    words
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was hoping that my [chat] director's commentaries would catch on, but they did not

instead they will remain a special bonus of Oboro [chat]s and Oboro [chat]s alone, it would seem

chat director's commentary?

Apothe0sis on
    edited September 2008

You'll have good times, bad times, find love, have zany adventures, break down at some point, and cherish the experience for the rest of your life.

Unless you're in a horror road trip movie then expect to run into an abandoned middle of nowhere place where slack-jawed rednecks hunt you down for fun.

Kagera on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That bit with the Jewish people on the Daily Show tonight was actually kinda depressing.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I LOVE YOU GUYS
    I LOVE PASTELS

Let's have a pastel pajama party where we all wear pastel pajamas and paint each other's toenails with pastel colors!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

You'll have good times, bad times, find love, have zany adventures, break down at some point, and cherish the experience for the rest of your life.

Unless you're in a horror road trip movie then expect to run into an abandoned middle of nowhere place where slack-jawed rednecks hunt you down for fun.

I... might bring a .38 revolver and stick it in the glove compartment.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited September 2008
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

chat director's commentary?
    timecubelp1.gif

I want to see four times the posting, four times the laughter, four times the crying.
    We ... we actually had a lot of motivations, you know. It wasn't just "for the lulz." [laughter] Debate & Discourse was coming off an era beset by poor [chat] threads -- and you know, this wasn't ... this wasn't a matter of opinion, this was something documented. We had the oldies ... a lot of the old shit resurfacing, we had "the first rule of [chat]" you know, that one comes up too much ... and we had threads with poor visibility, and those just don't go over well ...

so I wanted to do something ambitious, you know? Just like the guy over at timecube dot com! [laughter]

The idea then, y-yeah ... the idea was, "this is a chat that's new, and this is a chat that people will find easily. It says [chat] four times," and that's the point, you know? Less time looking, more time chatting. It was for the people. Not for the lulz. [brief pause, then laughter]
    Oboro, on the timeChat director's commentary wrote:
    Oh, I won't lie, it came up. The concern was there, that -- that people would take it the wrong way, as an endorsement, you know? That's not my job to be concerned about, you know, I ... I hire people to care about that stuff for me. [laughter]

I mean, yeah, it came up, it came up in the meeting everyday. There was always some prodigy from marketing who 'went the extra mile' and did some independent research, and I mean ... it was the shit, you know? It was hilarious shit. Little pasty-ass guy whose tie matches his shoes shows up for the morning pow-wow, and is all, "I think we can do something big with this timecube thing, I think the original franchise didn't cover the ground floor as well as it could have," and I'm just like ...

it's a bloody parody, you know? We're stealing here, we're not usurping. I don't want that fucking craven edifice. Wherever the creator of timecube goes to bed, a fucking banshee haunts the rafters. Shit be wacked.
    Did I get high on the set? No.

No!

[laughter] Alright, you got me. Yeah. Yeah. I pretty much had morphine on tap the same way The Onion plugs its writers in to PCP. Hold on, can I say that? Get my lawyer in here, and uh, for the time being ... I was being ironic.

Like raaaaaiin! On your weeeeedding day! [forced laughter] I-ironic! Ha ha ha!
    The idea was Frank's. All credit goes out to him -- honestly, the man was a blast and it might've tacked an extra month onto filming, but someone would probably have pulled an AK out on us if we didn't have someone like Frank on the team, and you know how it goes ... "better one month late than riddled with bullets," right?

We were just sitting down, you know, and it's that bit of awkward time before I call lunch. I mean, we've already turned off the cameras and everyone's pretty much on their ass. It's just ... it's a time card thing, you know? So we're waiting out the technicalities and Frank starts up, "You know, I hired twelve strippers to come down here today," and he says it just ... completely non-chalant, you know? Poker face. He's lighting a cigarette.

"The real bitch though," he continues, "was getting them in. They said they'd work for free, you know? They thought it was the bitch-and-tits just to get on the scene," and he's still just completely kosher, you know, he puts the lighter away and he's just sitting there, everyone else is sort of ... sort of zoning in on the conversation, you know. He doesn't say anything else though, so I blurt out, "Well where the fuck are they? Don't be fucking pulling my leg here, Frank."

So the bell goes off, they open the main hangar door and no one's paying shit for attention, we're all locked onto Frank, you know? Frank and his fucking cigarette. "The real bitch," he starts up again, "was that I was able to get strippers for free, but Subway still charged retail on the sandwiches."

"Hey, caterers? What the fuck you got for us today?" Frank shouted, and everyone's attention turned to twelve vixens in bunny ears at the gate, Subway sandwiches tucked underarm.

"Five dollar footlongs!"

Frank put his cigarette out on the arm of the chair. "You owe me $600, Obs. The extra zero's my service charge."

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Wonder_Hippie's gonna get raped by a hobo.

Feral on

edited September 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339ixMtHrVk

I can do the first one, but it takes too much effort in my rubber-soled shoes. Don't know the second one very well, yet, but this girl was trying to teach it to me earlier, and I picked up some things.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited September 2008
    I LOVE YOU GUYS
    I LOVE PASTELS

Let's have a pastel pajama party where we all wear pastel pajamas and paint each other's toenails with pastel colors!
    C-can we?

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

First bob thread.

hey guy, tell me if I will like Bladestorm.

I played the demo and found the leveling mechanics compelling, and I sort of liked the gameplay, does it get boring?

You played the demo, so you know basically how the game plays. Basically expand that to include other areas, some special missions, a thin storyline about Joan of Arc, and hours of leveling about 20 different kinds of units and that's the game.

If you hate repetition or found that what you did played could get old after a while it will.

But you need to realize the demo you played is basically how the entirety of the game plays, with more units of course. Including elephants, ninjas, guns, and magic users.

If that's not enough for you, I would recommend waiting until it's cheaper or rent it.

Kagera on
    edited September 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339ixMtHrVk

I can do the first one, but it takes too much effort in my rubber-soled shoes. Don't know the second one very well, yet, but this girl was trying to teach it to me earlier, and I picked up some things.
    I bet you did, fucking perv.

edited September 2008

One of the psychopaths may be or pretend to be a cop, be forewarned.

Kagera on
    edited September 2008
    Oh whoops -- I totally did that url coding backwards and didn't even notice. Haha.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Don't go for the .38 special. That's just asking for trouble.

Where'd you decide to go?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.