As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]elaide United

• OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately, I don't really know.
    It's okay, I'm largely thinking out loud.

Do you think I should see a doctor if symptoms persist tomorrow, or should I wait even longer?

Oboro on
    words
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I should have listened to Tarranon, when he told me to just pretend Death Note ended at episode 26.

Thanatos on
  • Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bad Kitty wrote: »
    (a) Explain Austin's account of the nature or analysis of law; that is, explain in detail the various concepts or ideas into which he analyzed the concept of law. (b) Explain how, in Austin's view, positive law is different from positive morality, the laws of God, and customary laws. Explain how and why customary laws may become positive law.

Fuck Austin and his command theory of law. I don't think the person with the biggest gun telling me what to do really counts as law. Also, tacit commands are a farce which Austin always retreats to in order to preserve his precious sovereign.

It's okay! because the next part is.

(a)Explain Hart's three fundamental criticisms of Austin. (b) Articulate Hart's account of the nature of law as a union of primary and secondary rules; that is, explain the nature of primary and secondary rules, the problems associated with a (primative) legal system based solely on primary rules, and how secondary rules help to address these problems.

What the hell? Each of these questions are like an essay by themselves.

Bad Kitty on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately, I don't really know.
    It's okay, I'm largely thinking out loud.

Do you think I should see a doctor if symptoms persist tomorrow, or should I wait even longer?

Spasms and sensitivity suggest potential neurological complications (hence my guess of shingles), which means that getting it properly treated sooner rather than later reduces the chances of long-term neurological damage.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    (a) Explain Austin's account of the nature or analysis of law; that is, explain in detail the various concepts or ideas into which he analyzed the concept of law. (b) Explain how, in Austin's view, positive law is different from positive morality, the laws of God, and customary laws. Explain how and why customary laws may become positive law.

Fuck Austin and his command theory of law. I don't think the person with the biggest gun telling me what to do really counts as law. Also, tacit commands are a farce which Austin always retreats to in order to preserve his precious sovereign.

It's okay! because the next part is.

(a)Explain Hart's three fundamental criticisms of Austin. (b) Articulate Hart's account of the nature of law as a union of primary and secondary rules; that is, explain the nature of primary and secondary rules, the problems associated with a (primative) legal system based solely on primary rules, and how secondary rules help to address these problems.

What the hell? Each of these questions are like an essay by themselves.

They are :winky:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, stock-picking is so stupid.

"A whole bunch of people smarter than me threw this stock away! Maybe I should buy it instead!"

It makes me want to pin people down and slap them. Repeatedly.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    git down girl, go head, git down

MikeMan on
    edited September 2008
    clownfood wrote: »
    Greetings [chat].

anyone ever have experience with their employer screwing up their paycheck? This gets annoying to deal with on a monthly basis and starts to concern me when i have a month of PTO coming up where I will be out of country and out of touch to yell at someone when they inevitably screw my pay up again.

No but your sig is quite funny if that makes it any better. :|

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    My company fucks up my payroll sometimes. I just call up the payroll department and tell them to fix it, and they have the money in my account in two business days.

edit: and then they give me sloppy wet blowjobs in penance for fucking up.

Feral on

• MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My company fucks up my payroll sometimes. I just call up the payroll department and tell them to fix it, and they have the money in my account in two business days.

sloppy blowjobs are the best blowjobs

MikeMan on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit, Bad Kitty!

I haven't seen you in forever.

Also, <3 Gunnerkrigg Court.

Never posted that much anyway, and being a 2L sucks even more than being a 1L, if that's even possible.

I <3 Gunnerkrigg's current arc. Zimmy is always awesome and I wasn't expecting the change in direction. Seems like I'm the only one who's favourite character is Antimony though. She's not a mary sue, she's just stoic and reserved.

Well, I wouldn't say she's my favorite character; I hate to say Reynardine because I'm sure he's everybody's favorite character, but it's true. Although I really liked the fairy-turned-human that was all mad about her hair. That was a cute arc. Anyway, Antimony's not my favorite character, but I don't agree with the mary sue characterization either.

I really like the little comments he throws in at the bottom of the comics every once in awhile. Like the one where Smit and George (the girl!) are arguing and he says "Smit's parents will have to be pretty understanding when he and George get married like thay are totally gonna."

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

sloppy blowjobs are the best blowjobs

I get to see the girl I've been dating tomorrow!

<3

Feral on

edited September 2008
    on the subject of 'interesting disorders,' I found an androgen insensitivity disorder that presents with a lack of masculinization with muscular spasms and wasting, progressing to early-onset impotence and some other internal stuff

interrrresting

Oboro on
    words
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can we talk about the girls I get to make out with?

No?

Okay.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am thinking of cooking up and eating another spinach pizza.

James on
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    on the subject of 'interesting disorders,' I found an androgen insensitivity disorder that presents with a lack of masculinization with muscular spasms and wasting, progressing to early-onset infertility and some other internal stuff

interrrresting

Ooh, androgen insensitivity disorders are interesting.

especially south american villages with autosomally inherited androgen insensitivity syndrome. entire generations of boys grow up as girls, and then when their testicles finally drop they're given the option, "Do you want to live as a boy or a girl for the rest of your life?"

Feral on

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »

I'm thinking of having more coffee and another fag before tackling the latest mountain of reading.

Yours sounds more interesting/fun.

BobCesca on
    edited September 2008
    what a world we live in!!

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »

I'm thinking of having more coffee and another fag before tackling the latest mountain of reading.

I could go for a fag right now...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2008
    Oboro: JamesKeenan started a thread in G&T about retro gaming and mentioned Illusion of Gaia as one of his faves.

I remembered how much you were talking about that game last week. You got me intrigued.

Feral on

edited September 2008
    Obviously not entire generations because then the village couldn't reproduce but a startling proportion of the population...

Feral on

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I could go for a fag right now...

too obvious.

1 star

BobCesca on
    edited September 2008
    Hmmmmmm, I think I'm going to just give my father's insurance information. We hit our deductible this year (largely on the back of me and the care my sister forced me into, whoops), so for anything in-network and regular (and not unusual) I'd just have to foot a copay. So, tomorrow I'll just dial the carrier hotline, get the nearest in-network GP, and get a referral from there.

Bam.

Disaster averted. I rule.

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Also, fucking female hyenas. All getting all androgen-y in the womb, growing elongated clitorises, confusing researchers. What's up with that?

Feral on

edited September 2008
    Oboro: JamesKeenan started a thread in G&T about retro gaming and mentioned Illusion of Gaia as one of his faves.

I remembered how much you were talking about that game last week. You got me intrigued.

I think i always had some issue with that game during my childhood but I can't remember what it was.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, I need some help. I have a stupid paper to write and I need to rock the fuck out. Any recommendations?

joshua1 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I could go for some delicious chocolate and a coffee. I would roll down to ze coffee shop but it's fresher's week so it'll most likely be noisy and full of lost children.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited September 2008
    joshua1 wrote: »
    Guys, I need some help. I have a stupid paper to write and I need to rock the fuck out. Any recommendations?

Is your cock out?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

I'm just excited cuz I get to see them live next month.

Feral on

edited September 2008

Heh I have been using youtubes of it as background music lately. Coincidinks! (There are only like, six songs in the game, so it is not the most vibrant soundtrack, unfortunately.)

Maybe I will go troll that thread with my intellectual attachment and become ostracized from the forum which is technically my homeland

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I could go for some delicious chocolate and a coffee. I would roll down to ze coffee shop but it's fresher's week so it'll most likely be noisy and full of lost children.

Cafe of Lost Children.

Where they tempt little children out of their beds at night with the wafting scent of roasting coffee so they can steal their dreams.

Feral on

edited September 2008

Not really, but it does sound more hungry!

James on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

They're very intense live.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited September 2008
    man I tell you guys I can't wait 'till I scoop up my Magic Injections and it's just like

finally I am done with the bullshit

seriously fuck these androgens, they have wrecked my shit for long enough

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

yay!

Feral on

edited September 2008

Motorhead.

James on
    edited September 2008
    Pendulum.

Feral on

• joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Is your cock out?

Its a possibility.

joshua1 on
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

Who are they/what are they like?

James on
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

yay!
    I actually had to leave the crowd when I saw them at a festival as they were at the bottom of a hill and the drum and bass dancing was causing a horrible crush of people down the hill. It was fun until it hurt though.

Mojo_Jojo on
This discussion has been closed.