As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TF2 Tournament: There Can Be Only One!...AGAIN!

1252627282931»

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus: never doing that again
    tyrannus: so fat
    [FM]SirToons: enders is so fat
    [FM]SirToons: YOU orbit around HIM
    [FM]SirToons: hahahaha
    tyrannus: dick

This is why tyrannus would never rocket jump around me

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe you two have one of those twin planet/suns things going on.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i did once during this and basically that is what happened

tyrannus on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey sup losin 420 errday.

What on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here's my demo of 2fort: http://www.filedropper.com/2fort

DualEdge on
  • Options
    Eric_ResEric_Res Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys, this is clearly a binary system. Two super massive objects swirling about each other hoping to one day enter each other's embrace.
    Basically Tyrannus and Enders want to have gay sex. All day and all night.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    stop stabbing me

tyrannus on
  • Options
    RebellionRebellion Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anyway we'll get stats for today's game?

Rebellion on
    "Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    [IMG]http://www.alabasterslim.com/0/number 9.png[/IMG]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Job wasn't therefor the first game.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, should I throw up signups for the next tourney in a week or two?

The sooner the better.

I can't wait to get the crap kicked out of me again.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So, should I throw up signups for the next tourney in a week or two?

The sooner the better.

I can't wait to get the crap kicked out of me again.

I am putting down Scout only next time, fuck Spy.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

It's a shame one team gt screwed out of all that prize money. Also the people who are most pissed are the subs. This is so awesome.

theantipop on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You did pretty good as spy when you played against W1N Eric.

I mean, you killed me when I had a full uber right before a concentrated push. That's some grade A spy stuff right there dude. :^:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Whats done is done. There are several things that obviously could've happened better, and they've been said.

I had fun for the whole tourney, except for when I was Demoman. I never did great as Scout, but I enjoyed it and did okay. Surprised the hell out of me when that MrDelish domination came up though. And putting aside any issues, all the matches today were very evenly matched. Thanks again to all team members and subs.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    You did pretty good as spy when you played against W1N Eric.

I mean, you killed me when I had a full uber right before a concentrated push. That's some grade A spy stuff right there dude. :^:

No, I am tired of sneaking around.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who won?

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Feral Mongooses.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Screw you guys. =(

But really, sorry I couldn't make it but Saturday is a horrible day to schedule something like this, since most people are gone on weekends.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fighting mongooses haughlhuaghlaguha

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Toxin01 wrote: »
    Screw you guys. =(

But really, sorry I couldn't make it but Saturday is a horrible day to schedule something like this, since most people are gone on weekends.

The weekdays are worse since any match would either be too early or too late.

Asiina on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    People need to stop working and stop having social lives.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    People need to stop working and stop having social lives.

Agreed.

Or there should be a day added in the week for TF2.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, the schedule was laid out at the beginning of the tourny. If you couldnt make it, dont sign up.

(LIKE I DID xD)

What on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Asiina seems to have pulled a Zot. (In that she did something good but then tried to please too many people) IMO, you don't throw in a map you're not prepared with rules for, and you don't allow people not on the reserves list. You want to have rules than stick to them. I give credit for having the tournament, but the way it ended, no matter how you slice it, sounds questionable.

The preset schedules for matches is definitely a good idea, but I think for something important like a final you should hold it off until you're sure everyone or most will be available.

Goose! on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey I'm not THAT much worse than tyrannus D:

Also, so sorry I couldn't make it, but wish me luck! High SAT score gogogo

SATs.png

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    Asiina seems to have pulled a Zot. (In that she did something good but then tried to please too many people) IMO, you don't throw in a map you're not prepared with rules for, and you don't allow people not on the reserves list. You want to have rules than stick to them. I give credit for having the tournament, but the way it ended, no matter how you slice it, sounds questionable.

The preset schedules for matches is definitely a good idea, but I think for something important like a final you should hold it off until you're sure everyone or most will be available.

Except that I asked 2 days in advance for people to tell me any conflicts they may have with the final match, and only 3 people out of the 18 that were supposed to play responded. I told members of their teams to post steam announcements so that they would be sure to get back to me. I did everything in my power to be accommodating to people's schedules.

When only half of one team showed up we held a vote to determine what should be done since it's not like I could magically make the missing STAX members show up. The options were forfeit, reschedule, or find reserves. Something like 54% said to find reserves, so that's what we did. If I hadn't have bent the rules then, there's wouldn't have been a final match. Those who were there opted to play.

They were also the ones that said they wanted to play 2fort and when asked what else they would rather play, nobody came up with any reasonable ideas.

I had rules for 2fort; however, as the game had now gone on almost an hour longer than I had told people it would, they were updated. I told people several times that it was going to be one cap, and the actual cap happened approximately 10 minutes after the rules were changed. To say "ohnoes we didn't know" is both ridiculous and not my problem.

Asiina on
  • Options
    gogglesgoggles Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I for one praise Asiina for even spending her time to organize this. Having a member of the community MAKE people get together to have fun seems weird, but if it wouldn't happen otherwise, it's truly a godsend. I know most people play regularly on the servers, but I think we can all agree that there's something special about having a team to call your own and actually organizing games. This is something that I wish would happen more often in my online gaming.

^5 Asiina, sorry the end had a little blemish.

To OPEC, it was fun and we should get together again.

To W1N it was a pleasure making you LOS3.

FM smells funny.

goggles on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    goggles wrote: »
    I for one praise Asiina for even spending her time to organize this. Having a member of the community MAKE people get together to have fun seems weird, but if it wouldn't happen otherwise, it's truly a godsend. I know most people play regularly on the servers, but I think we can all agree that there's something special about having a team to call your own and actually organizing games. This is something that I wish would happen more often in my online gaming.

^5 Asiina, sorry the end had a little blemish.

To OPEC, it was fun and we should get together again.

To W1N it was a pleasure making you LOS3.

FM smells funny.

I agree with Goggles except that Stax and W1N are the smellers. Not FM.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Here's the demo files

Badlands: http://rapidshare.com/files/150966742/finals1.dem.html
    Badwater: http://rapidshare.com/files/150966741/finals2.dem.html
    2fort: http://rapidshare.com/files/150966740/finals3.dem.html

I tried to get as much in as possible but I may have missed some things.

Asiina on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Asiina seems to have pulled a Zot.

I don't think you recall exactly how badly that one went.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I really dont understand this view. It was DONT PLAY and have a winner by default, or play. After that point it doesnt matter, because technically they won.

God forbid they bring in some folks so that the players that did show up can have a last match. And having people not on the reserves list sub for you was in the rules (although maybe not the amount of people)

Again, thanks Asiina for doing the tournament.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey, what the hell happened to Toxic and Ducom anyways? Lawinator slept through his 4 alarms, 3 fires, 2 tornadoes and 1 orgy.

Arminas on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The orgy was the hardest to sleep through.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pulling a zot is starting out sane but stressed and then having your brain visibly snap and then hating everybody and becoming a ball of spite and fury.

Don't you dare call what happened pulling a zot not even close. Asiina for Emperor.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DUCOMDUCOM Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrDelish wrote: »
    I guarantee that if Enders and yontouryu weren't subbing you guys would not have won a single map. They were the only two that were really holding us back.

If you guys had any other soldier than Tyrannus it would have been a very different picture

But that's all beside the point, you could have pushed for a forfeit win but you didn't, you accepted whatever subs and played. It's a non-issue
    Yes, one sub. A sub that we worked out in advance and had full notification of. Also, and this is a fun fact, in my sentence I used the identifier of people in the PLURAL form. Now, this indicates that while you guys had a half team of hobos we pulled in a single sub.

Which, you know, we got worked out and dealt with.

Yeah.

See above, your guy's loss

I suddenly couldn't make it, and had no access to a computer. Sorry. If I was there MrDelish, you guys wouldn't have won a single map, ok? What's the point of even saying the comment you said about Enders and Yontouryu, alittle immature I think. Anyways, hope you guys had a gg, sorry again.

DUCOM on
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honestly I was happy 2fort was one cap, I couldn't handle the map/maps anymore. Between having to play badlands, badwater, and 2 fort (all my worst and most hated (HATED) maps) I was ready for it to be over. It was like a never ending nightmare of bad, really bad... worst (why the fuck are we playing this one) maps.
    I hate those fucking maps, i wish they would die of VD

But... In the end, I had fun, thanks for picking me as sub.

Hey You on
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think we should wait a good 6 months minimum before we have another in house tournament.. this one wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be.. Still thanks again Asiina for pulling it together :)

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Despite losing every match, I thought it was a fun tourney. Although, in my opinion, if half your team doesn't show up for the finals, that's a forfeit. But if the other team was fine with it...

Thanks for the awesome tourney Charley.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    asiina you're teh worst evar at tournaments!!! omg you suck!!!!!!! next time make sure my team wins and also that they all make it to teh match!!!!!

U SUCK!

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png