As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Wing Alliance

HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
This is actually just a couple of quick questions about X-Wing Alliance but I suppose if someone capbable of making a wonderful OP (something I tend to fail at) wanted to they could turn it into a tribute thread for the X-Wing/TIE series in general since it's deserving of one if anything is.

So, on with the questions-

I seem to recall someone saying something in here about a high res texture mod that was available X-Wing Alliance. Was I imagining this or does it actually exist? Google was not very helpful which leads me to believe that I may have been imagining it. Then again my google-fu is pretty weak.

Another question would be I just reinstalled it in WinXP and there some pretty horrible mouse lag. Hardly game breaking since you're never in a rush in between missions but still annoying. Has anyone else heard of this or perhaps know a fix?

What prompts all these questions is that I was playing Battlefront 2 and due to it's space combat got a rather large urge to play some real Star Wars space combat. I even got my force feedback joystick to work with it (oddly enough all I had to do was turn off force feedback in game to get it to work).

HappylilElf on

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bam

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Four minutes with an answer. Zoinks.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    See? See this is one of the reasons I love this place. I can ask a question about somthing I'm seriously interested in and within 5 minutes, reguardless of the time of day, someone knows the answer.

<3

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I loved this game. Well all the way up to the Battle of Endor which was crippled beyond belief. I hope the upgrade patch is release soon.

Cullen on
  • Options
    BuchwaldBuchwald Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:

i see that link and i feel so old.

Buchwald on
    "That theory is just the looniest of a whole bunch of complete nonsense that is spouted by Amanda Winn Lee and her cohorts in the Audio Commentary."
  • Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Buchwald wrote:
    WHY wrote:

i see that link and i feel so old.

I hear ya. I grew up with Larry Holland's space sim games.

X-Wing: Alliance was awesome. Super long single player, with missions that you can skip and come back to (though some of them were practically required due to bugs), good multi (haha remember the MSN Gaming Zone?) and an awesome awesome skirmish mode, setting up your own pitched battles.

Honestly, that last level before Endor was so ridiuclous. Mulitkilling TIE bombers with proton torps and shooting down the torps of assault gunboats for the win. Rogue Leader did Endor about a hundred times better, but the rest of the campaign was awesome.

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content