As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox Live Arcade

SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, I've got a 360 with a good number of Live Arcade games. I'm wondering that if I delete the Silver Account I used to purchase the Live Arcade games, will the games be inaccessible?

In other words, can I delete my Silver account, create and new silver account and still play the Live Arcade games I've purchased? I don't care if the achievements get deleted.

Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
D&D Metal Thread: HERE
Spackle on

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That's a bad idea.

When you buy an XBLA game, it is tied to both your Xbox Live account name and your Xbox 360 serial. If you delete your account, you should still be able to access the games as long as you don't delete them from your hard drive, but if you ever have to get your Xbox 360 replaced...you just lost all your shit.

I mean, you may be able to recover your gamertag later...I don't know too much about that...but do you mind me asking why you want to delete your account? Why not just create a second account?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    For selling the 360.

And please, don't tell me why I should keep it. I do not have the time to devote to the system no matter how cool X game is/will be. I already put barely any time into my Wii... :P

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I beleive you can remove the silver account from your xbox without actually losing your account. If you eventually get another xbox in the future you should be able to recover your Live account and redownload the games you already paid for.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spackle wrote:
    For selling the 360.

And please, don't tell me why I should keep it. I do not have the time to devote to the system no matter how cool X game is/will be. I already put barely any time into my Wii... :P

Ah, I misunderstood.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So someone should be able to remove my Silver Account, add there own (Silver or Gold) and still be able to play my XBLA games?

Or will they need to keep my account around to play the XBLA games...

Spackle on
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spackle wrote:
    So someone should be able to remove my Silver Account, add there own (Silver or Gold) and still be able to play my XBLA games?

As long as they have your 360, they can play your arcade games.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JHunz wrote:
    Spackle wrote:

I don't think that's how it works, based on what these guys are saying. Best way to tell for sure would be to call or email Xbox Live support and ask them.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JHunz wrote:
    Spackle wrote:

I don't think that's how it works, based on what these guys are saying. Best way to tell for sure would be to call or email Xbox Live support and ask them.
    The way it works is as follows:
    The Xbox Live Arcade games are tied to two things.
    1) Your Xbox Live account. You can login to your account on any 360 and download the arcade games. However, if it is not the box on which you originally purchased the games, then your account will need to be online and signed in to play them.
    2) Your 360 itself. Any Xbox Live account can play the arcade games tied to a particular 360 both online and offline. You just need to be at the 360 on which the games were originally purchased on.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif