As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bluetooth, Vista64, and you.

DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
Hey, so I want to get my Wii remote working with my computer, because games aside that would be really neat for XBMC and such. Thing is, I've got Vista64, and it's hard to tell what bluetooth adapters support it. Does anyone have any firsthand experience here? I'm looking for something inexpensive, with enough range for my (small) living room.

Daedalus on

• Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Generally Vista64 supports most 32 bit drivers. Although not having a bluetooth device i can't be particular on that subject.
    Google it, generally if there are complaints, the G bomb will find it.

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    USB dongles have shit vista support not just vista 64. Sometimes you can get lucky and use automatic updates to grab it, or look on the companies website to make sure they off the driver before you buy.

Dixon on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm using a Kensington Micro USB Bluetooth adapter on Vista64 and it works fine with my Wiimotes. The default Windows stack wouldn't pair with the remotes correctly, though, so I had to install the Toshiba Bluetooth stack (available directly from their site). I can get a signal across my living room with it, so the range should be good enough.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well, I went out and bought this bluetooth dongle: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166016

It works great with the Microsoft bluetooth stack. Didn't even touch the driver CD in the box.

Rosewill might make cheap shit, but they at least make cross-compatable cheap shit.

Now to get my Wiimote working with XBMC.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Motherfucker, it looks like I can't get the thing to work as a joystick/gamepad, because PPJoy is 32-bit only.

Daedalus on