As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TGS news: Microsoft conference and some other announcements that are possi

• HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This just makes me want to play the next Splinter Cell.

Hoz on
  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.
    That sure is a fancy opinion you have there.

verpakeyes on
    pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

you're a terrible person

the stealth part sounds interesting. makes sense since i doubt odst's can fight in some of the halo 3 set pieces without dying in the first few seconds

Ranced on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »
    If wonder if the Halo 3 expansion will be Hard-Drive exclusive. I remember when I first bought my Arcade 360 and saw the "Optimized for Hard-Drive" note on the back of the game. :lol:

Understatement of the decade. First no online co-op, then they took away game types that were originally available to everyone instead of adding new one for new maps, and now they might actually be adding some decent plot into the single player campaign. (Yes, I'm still a bit bitter. Sorry. :P)

Uh, Halo 3 has online co-op. And nearly every 360 game is 'hard drive optimized', doesn't mean anything (and doesn't affect Halo 3 play at all).

The only gametype we lost was Neutral Flag and 4 Bomb/4 Flag.
    I'm talking about the Arcade units. Several gametypes were suddenly unavailable if you couldn't download even the free maps (which they added to the old gametypes that were originally available), and a hard drive is required for online co-op for some strange reason. Basically, they pulled the rug out from under Arcade unit owners. I understood that I would be unable to play the new maps, but having modes taken away and not having any on-line co-op were surprises for me, and I follow game news pretty closely.

I don't mean to turn this into a bitch fest, though. I'm mostly just joking at how ridiculous the "Optimized for Hard Drive" label is on the back of the box at this point, what with an expansion coming up too.

Darlan on
    edited October 2008
    Hoz wrote: »

oh you mean the hobo wrestling game it has turned into

Ranced on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »

oh you mean the hobo wrestling game it has turned into

You make it sound like a bad thing.

Couscous on
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

you're a terrible person

the stealth part sounds interesting. makes sense since i doubt odst's can fight in some of the halo 3 set pieces without dying in the first few seconds

It was thoroughly mediocre, and the online was crap. Halo has much better multiplayer.

I'm just bitter my brother stopped playing Halo with me to play that game with his school friends.

Nimble Cat on
    edited October 2008
    Hobos? I thought they were people coming from a McCain-Palin rally.

Hoz on
    edited October 2008
    Your just so far off base its astounding.

verpakeyes on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    verpakeyes wrote: »

I found the single player too narrow and scripted myself, I prefered Crysis all the way,

Waka Laka on
    edited October 2008
    Your just so far off base its astounding.

And your opinion is the only right one?

Just watched the trailer. The game looks pretty sweet; the stealth aspect should be pretty interesting.

Nimble Cat on
    edited October 2008

They have multiple projects.

Ranced on
    edited October 2008

...relating to Halo.

Hoz on
    edited October 2008

You know they have a Cortana dating sim in the works.

Nimble Cat on
    edited October 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »

I found the single player too narrow and scripted myself, I prefered Crysis all the way,
    Well between Halo 3 and Cod4 I liked Crysis more too.... wait....:P

And specifically with respect to how the actually game mechanics work, CoD4 plays about as perfectly as I have seen in recent years, a couple nods towards it by Bungie could definitely produce to perfect multiplayer experience as far as I am concerned.

I honestly want the campaign to be fun and add some story, I want it to be linear. For non-linear I will have FarCry2 and Stalker:CS

verpakeyes on
    edited October 2008

...relating to Halo.

Maybe you magically know, but we don't know all their projects as of yet. They aren't obligated to make Halo games anymore, or did people forget that Bungie isn't apart of MS anymore?

Ranced on
    edited October 2008
    Well, I am a wizard, motherfucker.

Hoz on
    edited October 2008

...relating to Halo.

Maybe you magically know, but we don't know all their projects as of yet. They aren't obligated to make Halo games anymore, or did people forget that Bungie isn't apart of MS anymore?

Apparently they are still a part of microsoft, as the comic quite clearly state that Bungie is in hell; and we all know that Bill Gates is the devil.

Undead Scottsman on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes! Metal Slug 7!

slash000 on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe I should buy more 360 games. It's collecting dust while the Wii gets all the lovin'.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited October 2008
    complete opposite for me

Ranced on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love the way the thread title is so long you can't decipher what stupid knock on Halo is hiding beyond the ellipses.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dammit this is not what I wanted to read. I was all set to unload my 360 since I haven't turned it on to seriously play in forever. And now I can't. Man my wallet is so fucked.

JonnyBot on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    complete opposite for me

I've been shopping for 360 games many times, but every time I'm in a position to buy a videogame, I'll usually end up picking up a Wii game or a DS game over a 360 game because I can never find anything that interests me enough.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I love the way the thread title is so long you can't decipher what stupid knock on Halo is hiding beyond the ellipses.

It was a joke.

I was just going to put sell well.

Couscous on
    edited October 2008
    complete opposite for me

I've been shopping for 360 games many times, but every time I'm in a position to buy a videogame, I'll usually end up picking up a Wii game or a DS game over a 360 game because I can never find anything that interests me enough.

I'd hate this to be a system wars lol talk, but the Wii doesn't really have much games I want for it, especially this Fall. Not one game.

For the breadwinner of this gen, it still feels like I own a gamecube what with the lack of games.

Ranced on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    If wonder if the Halo 3 expansion will be Hard-Drive exclusive. I remember when I first bought my Arcade 360 and saw the "Optimized for Hard-Drive" note on the back of the game. :lol:

Understatement of the decade. First no online co-op, then they took away game types that were originally available to everyone instead of adding new one for new maps, and now they might actually be adding some decent plot into the single player campaign. (Yes, I'm still a bit bitter. Sorry. :P)

Uh, Halo 3 has online co-op. And nearly every 360 game is 'hard drive optimized', doesn't mean anything (and doesn't affect Halo 3 play at all).

The only gametype we lost was Neutral Flag and 4 Bomb/4 Flag.
    I'm talking about the Arcade units. Several gametypes were suddenly unavailable if you couldn't download even the free maps (which they added to the old gametypes that were originally available), and a hard drive is required for online co-op for some strange reason. Basically, they pulled the rug out from under Arcade unit owners. I understood that I would be unable to play the new maps, but having modes taken away and not having any on-line co-op were surprises for me, and I follow game news pretty closely.

I don't mean to turn this into a bitch fest, though. I'm mostly just joking at how ridiculous the "Optimized for Hard Drive" label is on the back of the box at this point, what with an expansion coming up too.

1) you can still play local co-op.

2) oh, you mean playlists.. There's still no-DLC playlists - Rumble Pit, Lone Wolves, Social Slayer and Social Objective. Team SWAT came out after Legendary, MLG is crap and nobody plays it anyway.

FyreWulff on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tekken 6 for 360 I believe?

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh hey, Metal Slug 7 and RE5 release date, at least something.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dammit, this means I'm going to have to buy two copies of Metal Slug 7.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jill Valentine to be a zombie in RE5. Callin' it

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I was So Happy to hear the news. Kuma gunna getcha!

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41048.html

New Resident Evil 5 trailer. Oooh.

Damn that looks good.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kinda sucks that the comments from the guys on Tekken 6 in the Gamespot article on that said that there are gonna be alot of issues in porting it to the 360, since the game was based on PS3 hardware to begin with combined with the storage situation. Hopefully it will not affect the game, I'd like to see the 360 version be just as good as the PS3 one.

Ill probably still end up getting the PS3 version to be safe though.

ManetherenWolf on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    VF5 was supposedly made just for the PS3 and look how that turned out. Shouldn't have to worry really. Of course, they may not have as good of a team as SEGA though, but it can be done well if they at least try.

Nitsua on
    edited October 2008
    So, how long until the GoW spinoffs start? :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »

Ahahahahahahahaha.

I was So Happy to hear the news. Kuma gunna getcha!

Glad to hear it.

I'm not interested in Tekken at all but it coming to the 360 is hilarious.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like how Bungie narrated themselves into a corner with the ending of Halo 3 so that there was nowhere to go other than prologue.

Also, the Tekken announcement would have interested me if Tekken had been anything other than crap for the last 3 versions.

The_Scarab on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I like how Bungie narrated themselves into a corner with the ending of Halo 3 so that there was nowhere to go other than prologue.

Also, the Tekken announcement would have interested me if Tekken had been anything other than crap for the last 3 versions.

They did that intentionally. They even talked about how when they originally presented the game to MS, they made it look very much like the Chief was going to be killed off outright. And didn't reveal the real story until much later.

FyreWulff on