As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What do Alice Cooper and the Canadian Elections have in common?

• KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I've always tried to keep my student vote ballot interesting. Anuses galore.

The real thing I'll do it properly though.

Killjoy on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    At least Bob Rae could deliver some zingers.

And he went fishing and skinny dipping with Mercer.

And that's one thing I like about Bob Rae. He can actually laugh at himself, more than many politicians. Sometimes without prodding.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2008
    Caulk Bite wrote: »
    Any of you seen this guy Live?

Only like five or six times. When I go see him at Wembley. For free. And go backstage. And then go out drinking with the band.

So yeah only the fix or six times that's happened.

Tube on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    andrew telegdi, the liberal mp in my riding (and incumbent) is really fucking popular

Telegdi is also really fucking cocky. My girlfriend was going to volunteer for the Libs, so she walks up to him at some public meet and greet and asks him what his plans were. He basically just said that he planned to win, and came off as a huge douche.

Oats on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    There's a little sort of reality T.V. show thing that CTV is doing. First episode is the Finance Minster candidates debating economic policy in front of an audience of people working in sales. Second episode is candidates from the four parties debating environmental policy in front of horrible dirty polluters.http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=08E48D5DF5A4FC88&page=1

This video is not available in my country.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Only like five or six times. When I go see him at Wembley. For free. And go backstage. And then go out drinking with the band.

That's pretty cool. what're they like, in person?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

tube totally gives the best blowjobs.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    the conservative candidate didn't show up for a forum thing here so they gave his seat the marxist-leninist

Haha, seriously? Marxism-Leninism isn't even a real thing. It's just a word Mao invented to appease the Russians.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Canadian politics sound so arcane and confusing

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    1) i love alice cooper

2) jack layton, and this has been said before by many people around me, looks like a super friendly guy that could totally kick your ass if he needed to. ... but probably not in an election.

mully on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn he looks old.

Meiz on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But he's strong, like The Hulk

Melding on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ugh, the smear campaigns disguised as election commercials are particularly awful this year

It makes me not want to vote

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As a member of one of the few ridings in Alberta where the Conservatives have a chance of being ousted, I'm voting NDP. Not because I strongly dislike the Conservatives; in fact I like a number of their policies and think in a minority position the good policies will get through while the batshit insane policies will be blocked. No, I'm voting NDP because I have a personal dislike of our Conservative candidate. He's an arrogant, lying little twit who has displayed his utter contempt for the Canadian population on several occasions.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    1223640367tf1.png

10% of the vote for the greens and no one is getting elected

way to go canadian left, splinter yourself to fuck

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited October 2008
    That's the least flattering picture they could have chosen for the Green party

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited October 2008
    As opposed to the Up-the-nose shot for Layton?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2008
    Green is still a worse picture

Jowl city

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just vote this time you lazy cunts.

Meiz on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    My dad has seen Alice Cooper in each of the last 4 decades.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Let's go with proportional representation, please

please

Meissnerd on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I saw him live a couple years ago.. was awesome...

He's actually in my town (London) tonight... Contemplating going to see him again but it just wont be the same in a seat.

Wezoin on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ChicoBlue on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Awww man. I fucking love Alice Cooper!

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I don't know who to vote for anymore all I know is I fucking hate the liberals

I hate the Conservatives too but I'm hoping they'll be in long enough to institute some Rorschachian anti-crime laws.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    who do you hate more, trent

Meissnerd on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    who do you hate more, trent

Not sure.

I hate the blatant thievery and lax treatment (if not coddling) of criminals by the liberals, but I also hate the "Eventually we will ban sodomy and punish your godless ways" of the conservatives.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vote for someone that is neither of those? Not like it's a two party system, just only two parties matter.

Melding on
    edited October 2008
    Melding wrote: »
    Vote for someone that is neither of those? Not like it's a two party system, just only two parties matter.

Keeping in mind Pony's point that even if your vote doesn't get a guy you want into your ridings MP office (say, because you vote for someone with no chance in hell of getting in), it'll still count toward federal funding for that guy's party.

Silver linings can be sliver thin, after all.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I might vote NDP in my riding cuz he said at a candidate forum when asked about his stance on abortion and homosexuality, that he was pro-choice and was for homosexuality. Which is where I stand. So since I'm friggin' confused and not sure what's the really important issues to me right now, I'm just gonna go with an issue I'm aware of and vote for who agrees with me on it.

Is this a sound way of going about it? This Tuesday is my first election and it's daunting D:

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have my ticket, see anyone here, there.

Shockwave on
    shockwavesig.jpg
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MH79 wrote: »
    I think I might vote NDP in my riding cuz he said at a candidate forum when asked about his stance on abortion and homosexuality, that he was pro-choice and pro-homosexuality. Which is where I stand. So since I'm friggin' confused and not sure what's the really important issues to me right now, I'm just gonna go with an issue I'm aware of and vote for who agrees with me on it.

Is this a sound way of going about it? This Tuesday is my first election and it's daunting D:

pro-homosexuality is a really funny way of phrasing that particular political stance

I guess pro-abortion would have been worse, though

redhead on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I had no other way to say it. I guess there's like twenty other ways I could've, but I was lazy.

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited October 2008
    MH79 wrote: »
    I think I might vote NDP in my riding cuz he said at a candidate forum when asked about his stance on abortion and homosexuality, that he was pro-choice and pro-homosexuality. Which is where I stand. So since I'm friggin' confused and not sure what's the really important issues to me right now, I'm just gonna go with an issue I'm aware of and vote for who agrees with me on it.

Well, you can read up on the candidates in your riding. They most likely all have websites.

Also, here are the campaign promises for the federal parties:
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/CanadaVotes/News/2008/10/10/7042016-cp.html

ChicoBlue on
    edited October 2008
    Oh man that's so much stuff. I have some thinking to do this weekend.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    remember that, even though you are voting for an MP to represent you, the Prime Minister has so much power once elected that it is worth considering the leader of the party you are voting for as well as your MP's own position.

Party discipline is stronger in canada than in almost any western democracy.

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    http://www.anyonebutharper.ca/

Musicians hate Harper.

ChicoBlue on
    edited October 2008
    ed roberston probabyl hates everyone at this point

mully on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm voting NDP. I want to vote hard in some way. Slam a ballot into a box or something.

It'll be a waste though, seeing as I'm in Alberta.

Endomatic on
    edited October 2008
    voting green!
    was going to vote ndp but .. ehhhh

mully on