As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Brains On]Zombie Panic! Source: Now with exploding zombie heads.

• shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cookies actually told me about this. You believed the zombies over your human allies? Thats just cold.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm so sad my mic broke. :(

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    We really need more admins if ff is going to be on all the time.

Killing 6 people in a barricaded room with a nade is just terrible anyway you look at it.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I will never use grenades.

Sarksus on
  • PoxPox Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeeeeeeeeeeah, I guess I owe Cookies an apology. I kind of did TK him twice. First, because MrDelish told me he was infected, and second cause I spray and pray. Sorry cookies. :(

Pox on
    sig.gif
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Killing 6 people in a barricaded room with a nade is just terrible anyway you look at it.

Terribly awesome.

mcdermott on
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Played for a bit last night, and it was liquid awesome. I haven't played on the pub servers at all really so I can't comment on that, but it was a lot funner than I remember when I last played it.

Zombies also seem to win all the time, but I attribute that to my own ineptitude rather than any imbalance.

Biosys on
    edited October 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »

Terribly awesome.
    Terribly you are banned

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have to say that I vastly prefer having FF on. Infections can actually do something now and barricades can't consist of a couple guys constantly pushing crap in the way with 5 guys shooting behind them. Unfortunately, despite the fact that most people play fine, a few decide to that it's more fun to intentionally kill everybody in the room. I was killed at least once by intentional FF grenade and blatantly shot to do death because another guy was screwing around. I just don't get why people don't just go mess with the other morons on pubs instead of ruining our good time.

On the upside, I got to create a horrible massacre in the security room with the help of a friendly human on zpo_subway. 4-5 humans were holed up in there with zombies outside and I charged right in, making a beeline for a guy standing on a table in the corner. After shooting me a couple times, he chucks a grenade and sprints for the door... which is now blocked by zombies. Cue frantic yelling followed by an enormous amount of people parts flying around the room. When the smoke cleared, I was the only living-ish thing in the room the zombies claimed victory.

Poor survivors had no chance in tonight's rounds of objective subway.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have to say that I vastly prefer having FF on. Infections can actually do something now and barricades can't consist of a couple guys constantly pushing crap in the way with 5 guys shooting behind them. Unfortunately, despite the fact that most people play fine, a few decide to that it's more fun to intentionally kill everybody in the room. I was killed at least once by intentional FF grenade and blatantly shot to do death because another guy was screwing around. I just don't get why people don't just go mess with the other morons on pubs instead of ruining our good time.

On the upside, I got to create a horrible massacre in the security room with the help of a friendly human on zpo_subway. 4-5 humans were holed up in there with zombies outside and I charged right in, making a beeline for a guy standing on a table in the corner. After shooting me a couple times, he chucks a grenade and sprints for the door... which is now blocked by zombies. Cue frantic yelling followed by an enormous amount of people parts flying around the room. When the smoke cleared, I was the only living-ish thing in the room the zombies claimed victory.

This was a beautiful story. Warmed the cockles of my heart.

And yes, if you intentionally team kill you are a tremendous douchebag. On the other hand, if you accidentally team kill because you panic and ZOMG ZOMBOS COMIN FOR MAH BRAINZ then you are full of win and awesome.

Or maybe lose and awesome.

But definitely awesome.

mcdermott on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, the potential for accidental deaths is fantastic. It really helps alleviate dealing with aggravating barricades.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    the best thing is to go zombie (and generally be the only one), start piping Eye of the Tiger and nom away

I do so much better when I do that

MrDelish on
    edited October 2008
    There is no reason for the f2 key to exist on my keyboard.

Zombie scum.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited October 2008
    I always start as a survivor because I do very poorly as the first zombie. Later on when there are a lot of zombies I don't mind being killed and turning into one.

Sarksus on
  • DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Give them to me. Or give them to SoaL so he can give them to me.

Arminas on
    edited October 2008

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I am serious. There is no way I am ever going to use a grenade, especially with friendly fire enabled. People will die.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    Except when you're the last one alive.... or do you not think you can make it that far...

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I am serious. There is no way I am ever going to use a grenade, especially with friendly fire enabled. People will die.

Job and I tossed a few last night, and they worked pretty well. At least according to the zombie who got blown through the wall by said winbomb. You just have to be careful, and communicate with each other. And stop strafing back and forth on the stairs to the cargo room in Subway.

Re: Dickery on the server. Record it, get a STEAM ID with it, and post.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
    edited October 2008

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS NOW!

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cookies actually told me about this. You believed the zombies over your human allies? Thats just cold.

None of the zombies said he was infected.... I saw it in his eyes.

Actually, I just didn't know ff was on by default now or voted on and got a wee bit jumpy.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
    edited October 2008

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS NOW!

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY OPINION I'MMA GONNA BREAK MY FOOT IN YO ASS.

Sarksus on
  • Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Job and I tossed a few last night, and they worked pretty well. At least according to the zombie who got blown through the wall by said winbomb. You just have to be careful, and communicate with each other. And stop strafing back and forth on the stairs to the cargo room in Subway.

I tossed one through the door while I was barricading it with a shelf on cinema. I'm pretty sure it killed at least one zombie if not 2 or 3. You just have to be smart with them and realize that not only can the explosion hurt you but the physic objects it throws around will also.

The shelf I was pushing up against did 40 damage to me even though the explosion was around a corner.

Job_41:25 on
    edited October 2008
    Job_41:25 wrote: »

I tossed one through the door while I was barricading it with a shelf on cinema. I'm pretty sure it killed at least one zombie if not 2 or 3. You just have to be smart with them and realize that not only can the explosion hurt you but the physic objects it throws around will also.

The shelf I was pushing up against did 40 damage to me even though the explosion was around a corner.

Oh yeah, it was just the one zombie that clipped his way through the wall and shelf that was the best to ask about how well grenades work. And I believe it was that same round that another grenade took out three or four zombies and sent a fine mist of blood and body parts soaring into the room. :lol:

PeregrineFalcon on
    edited October 2008
    We'll be playing early again today folks, so keep an eye on the server!
    Another god damn day on the job!

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

This was a beautiful story. Warmed the cockles of my heart.

And yes, if you intentionally team kill you are a tremendous douchebag. On the other hand, if you accidentally team kill because you panic and ZOMG ZOMBOS COMIN FOR MAH BRAINZ then you are full of win and awesome.

But definitely awesome.

Arminas will shoot at anything that moves before he bothers to see whether or not it's friendly.

This was hilarious the few nights ago that I played and he seemed to be systematically killing everyone, but I'm pretty sure it was just a reflexive thing.

He shot me in the head. =[

INeedNoSalt on
    edited October 2008
    I think we've been followed to this thread...

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited October 2008

But definitely awesome.

Arminas will shoot at anything that moves before he bothers to see whether or not it's friendly.

This was hilarious the few nights ago that I played and he seemed to be systematically killing everyone, but I'm pretty sure it was just a reflexive thing.

D:
    Wait, that couldn't have been me. I shot donhonk in the head with a super shorty! I turned a corner in cinema that led into a dark hallway and a lit stairway on my right. And I see this human mass without a flashlight or visible gun and I just twitched and I shot him in the head thinking it was a zombie just as I read the name "donhonk" over my cursor. I felt awful about that one. I mean, you guys heard me crying over the mic and apologizing to his corpse over and over. But that didn't stop him from killing me as soon as I spawned as a zombie. Or as a human in the next round. oh well. I ate his brains later anyways.

Oh wait, I do remember hitting someone else with a ppk thinking it wouldn't kill them. Whoops. My bad. :oops: You were going to be infected anyways, I'm sure of it. There wasn't anything we could do, but amptuate.

I remember someone else being shot with the magnum outside of the cafe because he was suspected of being infected, he actually wasn't! (I was a zombie at the time and watched him get killed, heh)

Arminas on
    edited October 2008
    Arminas wrote: »

But definitely awesome.

D:
    Wait, that couldn't have been me. I shot donhonk in the head with a super shorty! I turned a corner in cinema that led into a dark hallway and a lit stairway on my right. And I see this human mass without a flashlight or visible gun and I just twitched and I shot him in the head thinking it was a zombie just as I read the name "donhonk" over my cursor. I felt awful about that one. I mean, you guys heard me crying over the mic and apologizing to his corpse over and over. But that didn't stop him from killing me as soon as I spawned as a zombie. Or as a human in the next round. oh well. I ate his brains later anyways.

Oh wait, I do remember hitting someone else with a ppk thinking it wouldn't kill them. Whoops. My bad. :oops: You were going to be infected anyways, I'm sure of it. There wasn't anything we could do, but amptuate.

I remember someone else being shot with the magnum outside of the cafe because he was suspected of being infected, he actually wasn't! (I was a zombie at the time and watched him get killed, heh)

It's this kind of deliciously awesome backstabbing that makes FF so worth it. All the infighting and the "hey, let's kill him and take his ammo ... wait is he joking? *shifty eyes*"

So awesome.

PeregrineFalcon on
    edited October 2008
    I sometimes hope people will get killed if I'm running low on ammo but I won't kill them...

Some of you are too paranoid and crazy.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    Guys guys guys. There are people. ON THE SERVER. Come play.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys guys guys. There are people. ON THE SERVER. Come play.

This.

Killing each other one on one get's old really fast.

Biosys on
  • ArcusArcus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I just installed this after reading the hilarious zombie panic hijynx.
    Should I play a few rounds in pubs to get experience or are the PA servers welcoming to a fresh meat/brains newb that will probably end up causing the death of whichever side he's on?

Arcus on
    edited October 2008
    Arcus wrote: »
    So I just installed this after reading the hilarious zombie panic hijynx.
    Should I play a few rounds in pubs to get experience or are the PA servers welcoming to a fresh meat/brains newb that will probably end up causing the death of whichever side he's on?

Just join. You'll learn by trial by fire and either become a fine human meat bag or a strategic zombie.

Be sure to read the op at least, lots of info there. And feel free to ask your team about things you're not sure about. The hardest part is probably learning the map. You'll eventually get a hold of them. I'm still struggling with subway at times.

Arminas on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think it's a crime that in a zombie killing game, shotguns are as underpowered as they are.

Buff dat shit

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I coulda swore job tinkered with the shotguns on the older version and it was 10x better. Using the shorty and putting three shells in a zombies face only to be mauled to death is pretty lame.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
    edited October 2008
    I coulda swore job tinkered with the shotguns on the older version and it was 10x better. Using the shorty and putting three shells in a zombies face only to be mauled to death is pretty lame.

Yes he did, and I think some tweaking needs to be made.

That said we need to get the rifle knockback the fuck out of here. Getting hosed backwards after landing three hits on a human is ridiculous.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blue-dotting this thread :)

I can't wait to play this with you guys!

Impersonator on
  • Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yes he did, and I think some tweaking needs to be made.

That said we need to get the rifle knockback the fuck out of here. Getting hosed backwards after landing three hits on a human is ridiculous.

We all know how willing to cooperate this mod team is...

Also the new Steam release has the CTX files encoded. I'll have to find the right key to decode them before I can tweak with that stuff.

Job_41:25 on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll try reinstalling this via steam and then I'll be chewing brains with you guys again.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg