As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Brains On]Zombie Panic! Source: Now with exploding zombie heads.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I agree with the notion of banning anyone who flat out TKs someone for any reason whatsoever.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What fi they are enders?

And you know they have 5 guns, and aren't sharing any, directly impacting you and everyone else's survival?

I think it's acceptable to tk enders at anytime, though.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    edited October 2008
    True. Maybe Fuga if he's acting like an idiot (read: all the time). :P

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mars wrote: »
    Totally not kosher to do that. When we first turned FF on, I got into a perfect situation where I was infected and could have easily picked off at least 3 survivors, probably without anyone realizing I was doing it, which would have pretty much just ruined the game. Peregrine suggested banning anyone who tried, and I completely agree with him. Tricking survivors into dropping ammo or leading them to an area where they'll be alone when you turn is an acceptable use of subterfuge, flat-out team killing is not.

Eh

I say let the survivors police themselves

By killing you at the start of each round if you pull that kind of thing

INeedNoSalt on
    edited October 2008
    Seriously, what kind of person, in a situation where they think they're dying thinks.

Well, these people are still alive. That's just not fair! I'm going to kill them all before I die.

A terrible person that's who.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited October 2008
    Well sure it's a dick move

I don't think it should be bannable though.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited October 2008
    I do, because it doesn't make any sense. You're a human up until the moment you die or turn.

Any intentional killing of another should be a bannable offense.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited October 2008
    Zombie Panic is srs bznz?

The PA server can't seem to maintain a full server for more than twenty minutes in my brief experience, I think the last thing on peoples' minds should be bannings.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

The PA server can't seem to maintain a full server for more than twenty minutes in my brief experience, I think the last thing on peoples' minds should be bannings.

Apparently people are trying to go pro at zombie panic, any TK's at all for any reason ARE THEREFORE BANNABLE!

Seriously lets just get rid of FF if thats the way its going to be.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tiem 4 nom

get on server

MrDelish on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Apparently people are trying to go pro at zombie panic, any TK's at all for any reason ARE THEREFORE BANNABLE!

Or how about people just stop being dicks? Even better, we go with the original idea of banning people for being dicks?

For me, the FF nicely balances out against the ludicrous knockback. Otherwise, there is zero drawback to 5 people just spraying at a couple zombies regardless of who is standing where. Yeah, FF should probably go off for objective maps since zombies have infinite lives. For normal play, the only reason I've seen so far to shut off FF is that we have a couple players who insist on being assholes. If the PA server caters to assholes by turning off FF, then we may as well just play on public servers.

Friendly fire is simply a blast to have on with most PA players. Even if somebody sucks and accidentally blows up a barricade every now and again, that's a lot more fun than 2 zombies trying to rush a barricade guarded by 6 humans until the game ends. Hell, even the zombies suffer from the FF when we let morons keep TKing. It's really awesome to lose a dozen spawns when a couple idiot zombies decide to zombie duel every time they see each other.

Turning off a fun option instead of just kicking out morons is a terrible response.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited October 2008
    It's so meh playing without a mic. I am infinitely sad.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Or how about people just stop being dicks? Even better, we go with the original idea of banning people for being dicks?

For me, the FF nicely balances out against the ludicrous knockback. Otherwise, there is zero drawback to 5 people just spraying at a couple zombies regardless of who is standing where. Yeah, FF should probably go off for objective maps since zombies have infinite lives. For normal play, the only reason I've seen so far to shut off FF is that we have a couple players who insist on being assholes. If the PA server caters to assholes by turning off FF, then we may as well just play on public servers.

Friendly fire is simply a blast to have on with most PA players. Even if somebody sucks and accidentally blows up a barricade every now and again, that's a lot more fun than 2 zombies trying to rush a barricade guarded by 6 humans until the game ends. Hell, even the zombies suffer from the FF when we let morons keep TKing. It's really awesome to lose a dozen spawns when a couple idiot zombies decide to zombie duel every time they see each other.

Turning off a fun option instead of just kicking out morons is a terrible response.
    Yes a thousand times. FF is absolutely hilarious and goes great with all the rife spraying and panicy shotgun fire. It makes people actually think about shooting and makes it so even a single zombie can take out a group if they panic. It also helps survivors as zombies cant just march in a tight bunch swinging away hoping to munch people.

It's a great option to have on and leads for hilarious results and much entertainment.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
    edited October 2008

The PA server seriously does not have the population to survive kicking people if my experience so far has been about right

INeedNoSalt on
    edited October 2008
    INNS is the first on the ban block.

Shooting people because you caught yourself on fire?

You're a faggot.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited October 2008
    I couldn't see shit, I was just shootin'. :p

I like how the folks who go around killing people for ammo just score laughs though.

INeedNoSalt on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there an option to turn off the blood splatters when you get hit? Kinda annoying.

Zandracon on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Ok I'm not getting into an argument in the fricken zombie panic thread but of course its a terrible idea. You know whats worse? The idea of banning people just for tking. Ok maybe if they tk the entire server over and over again then it deserves a banning. But no one on the servers deserves that, yet. You're overreacting.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I couldn't see shit, I was just shootin'. :p

I like how the folks who go around killing people for ammo just score laughs though.

Because when we talk about that, we're joking.

Or somebody does actually have a ton of gear, but won't share it. If I was in a zombie apocalypse and I saw somebody with more ammo they could possibly use but refused to help others out, I can't say I would feel too bad about forcing the issue. In a game where staying alive essentially demands sharing excess ammo and weapons, doing the opposite means nobody cares about keeping you alive anymore.

This is a team game. If you're working against the best interests of the team, then you really aren't doing it right. Spraying bullets because you're on fire? Yeah, that's stupid with teammates around. Not "ha ha" stupid, just plain stupid. The human team capping a player because they won't share? Justified. Also, funny.

As far as server population, it may very well not be an issue in a month. Unless Left 4 Dead somehow turns out to be a complete snorefest, there likely won't be a population for the ZPS server. Yeah, ZPS can be fun, but it's mostly fun for me because I get to play with PA folks. Choosing between playing a well-polished, well-balanced zombie game with the PA crowd instead of a mod with issues on public servers is basically a no-braaaaiiiiinser.

Banning a few idiots isn't going to cause the immediate doom of the current server. I think we'll have plenty of people left after cutting out a couple people that are too brain-dead to figure out that their shenanigans aren't welcome.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited October 2008
    Ok I'm not getting into an argument in the fricken zombie panic thread but of course its a terrible idea. You know whats worse? The idea of banning people just for tking. Ok maybe if they tk the entire server over and over again then it deserves a banning. But no one on the servers deserves that, yet. You're overreacting.

I already said that I don't mind accidental, occasional teamkilling. When zombies are out and about, shit happens. But when I stand in a barricaded room and somebody stops, aims at me, and then shoots me in the face until I die, then that should be a ban right then and there. Multiple intentional grenadings of a room full humans should also be an immediate ban regardless of how many people get killed.

I favor a harsh response because so far, I've only see two players on the PA server act like that and I'd never seen either of them until yesterday. Either we kick the guys and keep having our fun or we keep putting up with their bullshit because they're TKing just enough to not get banned, but enough to screw up the game. I'm fine with inexperience, but idiots just need to go. Like I said, dropping a couple TKers is not going to kill the server.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited October 2008
    I cannot imagine that anything I did actually caused people to stop having fun unless they are people who hate fun to begin with.

This is not CS, you are not out of the game when you die.

INeedNoSalt on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think people are just over reacting way too much.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • ArcusArcus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Stop using your brains to debate when you could be feeding the deliciousness to the zombie masses. BRAAAAAAINS!

Arcus on
  • IceyIcey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Today on Cinema Pretentious and I had shotguns and someone who didn't have one wouldn't give us his ammo, so I shot him in the head. I think that's perfectly acceptable TKing, because it's hilarious and for the good of the survivors.

Also, if we keep FF on, I think it should be acceptable to kill someone you believe is infected and is acting squirrelly. Maybe you're right, maybe you aren't, and maybe they'll get pissed. Oh well. But really, I think we should turn it off. Outside of objective maps where the zombies didn't know what to do I have never seen the survivors win with it on.

Icey on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tanker is great when the humans do stuff. Icy and I were the only ones who really knew what to do, but we still managed like three wins (two where I was 'sploded by the c4 anyway)

I like how most zombies believe me when I yell over the mic "oh gosh oh gosh I has no ammoes" and come to nom but get cut down by my two rifles

also, I wish there was a way to make at least a slight spawn timer for objective maps if there are so many zombies. Plus/or make zombies weaker the more there are compared to survivors for obj maps.

MrDelish on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I pretty much agree with everything Delish just said. Really, I've gotten close to finishing objective maps with people who know what they're doing (FF on and all) loads of times. Failing constantly does not make it less fun. Sure, zombies have an edge in smaller objective maps, particularly belowdecks in Tanker, where they can wander around without having the slightest clue where they are and still eat some brains. But having interesting locations such as narrow corridors where your usual approach as a survivor will not work does not make it a bad map.

Try things differently. Keep people you trust with you to watch your back, and move quickly. The longer you take completing objectives, the likelier it is for zomboes to bolster their ranks and overrun you with sheer numbers and inconvenient spawn points. In fact, I submit that any ZPO map (barring perhaps deadblock) with a group of competent survivors is more fun than a survival regardless of success. It's all about how you play, and with whom.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I also TKed someone unintentionally because he just popped out at point blank range

Reflexive click

Pow

What? It was the start of the round.....in a survivor spawn....

Even if you're new to the game, an apology would go down better than "That tree's coming right for us!"

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Just played a bunch of rounds with FF. Plenty of accidental TKs, a few intentional killings of those acting suspiciously infected (WHO COUGHED!?), and tons of fun. Why? Because nobody acted like a douche and decided it would be funny to TK people for nothing other than their own amusement.

More importantly, I would like to thank all things holy for voice chat. Sure, you could imagine people yelping and yelling in surprise as you carrier bumrush them out of nowhere, but actually hearing it is like sweet, delicious honey.

Zombee honey.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • plehpleh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Decided to download ZPS and give it a whirl, and what better way than to celebrate my first game than with paranoia, friendly fire, and gunning someone down in cold blood the instant they leave their designated corner?

Awesome times. :winky:

pleh on
    edited October 2008
    pleh wrote: »
    Decided to download ZPS and give it a whirl, and what better way than to celebrate my first game than with paranoia, friendly fire, and gunning someone down in cold blood the instant they leave their designated corner?

Awesome times. :winky:

He told you stay in the corner. Next time, just make sure to shoot first. Giving an apology is easier than asking permission. Also, free bullets!

Ninja Snarl P on
  • PoxPox Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A word to the wise.... if you've spent a good 20+ minutes with a guy on zpo_subway doing all the objectives, watching each others backs, waiting for each other to regain stamina/well being etc. etc... don't think he WON'T stab you in the back at the very last moment. Don't think he won't...

Pox on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    There is no real last moment in subway.

Anytime you're on the train the zombos can get you, even when it starts moving.

You aren't safe until the door starts shutting.

And then it's only another second before "survivors win".

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • PoxPox Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually, hah, if you miss the train then there's a Plan B for the survivors. You have to wait outside the tunnel doors where that crashed truck is until it opens and you run in.

Pox on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, but once you get through those doors it's "survivors win".

Why would you tk someone at that point?

You fucking people.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Because holy shit it is awesome to take that guy you've been running around with alone for the past fifteen fucking minutes and at the last moment of goddamned subway, that NO-ONE EVER WINS, yell "HIGHLANDER THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" and shotgun your friend in the back of the head. Which, by the way, is exactly what I did. Awesome games, guys, Ryke and Mandalore are hellsa fun to play with. Hard to believe we kept going till 2 AM PST, but we did it.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I still have no idea where that truck is that you're talking about. But man. The game is still amazingly fun with just three or four people. And yes, I doubt this game would be half as good without mics. All of you who don't have one need to get one.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To add to that, I was the only guy with voice so the entire time I was directing Phix (Pox), having him watch my back, taking strategic entries to rooms, juggling ammo, and all that stuff. He was my mute partner for at least 15 minutes, just us and the damned carrier. We were careful as shit and never let a single corner go unsearched. We would have made it to the train just fine, but we were carrying so much shit and I took us in the wrong direction that we missed it entirely. Then using teamspeak I let Phix know that there's another way to escape, so as not to let Mandalore know what we were doing. We very stealthily made it to the very end and camped out for a couple minutes to wait for the tunnel door to open. Then, 5 feet from the exit, "HIGHLANDER THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" BAM KACHIK BAM KACHIK RATATATATAT-BAM. Then me laughing hysterically. Believe me, it was glorious.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited October 2008
    Huhwoh, just caught up on the discussion of banning for TKing. I can see banning for repeated TKing just to be a dick, but there are some situations where TKing adds to the atmosphere. Get a little roleplaying going, right? At one point I TKed someone out of nowhere just to fuck with everyone when we had a fair few people on the server, and I can understand that being unacceptable. But killing people acting suspicious and doing things that in an actual zombie invasion, you'd cut them down for? I can get behind that. I did also do some wanton pointless TKing but that was when there were 4 people max on the server and we were just dicking around. If the TKing thing is made an official rule I'll absolutely abide by it, but first we should determine whether it's pissing people off. If people are TKing and it isn't adding to the game in any way, let them know. If they continue, then tempban em, but at least give them warnings. That's my opinion, anyways. I'll abide by the rules when they're established.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah. I agree. Like on the one map with cubicles... think it was called police station? There were just 6 of us, 5 survivors and the carrier. We'd survived the first few rushes, so all of us had gathered enough ammo that we were comfortable enough to stay put.

After we'd found the last bit of ammo, we all duck between jail cells, ontop of some crates. Starscream and I at the top, and the other three on the crate below us, crouching so we don't hit them. Its a very narrow passage, with our back to the wall. There is no way in hell the zombie could ever get close to us. Just as I'm thinking how cheap this is, I hear gunfire to my right and three of my teammates are replaced by a shower of ammo. All I remember is laughing my ass off as I'm trying to figure out what happened, the guy in front of me looking franticly from me to the entrance, just to make sure I wouldn't kill him.

Starscream admitted to pulling the trigger and killing the two in front of him. Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure what killed him. In the panic, I may have. It happened so fast I don't remember.

My point is, TKing when the zombie has too big a disadvantage can be a good laugh, and really, it evens it out.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • RykeRyke Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes! You cannot take away TK'ing... It feels like it adds a lot more depth to the game then if you just turned it off. I can see banning someone who is doing it every round just to grief, other than that I say its fair game.

Tonights games were awesome btw. I'm hooked on this game now.

Ryke on
    XBL: Ryke Kardine SteamID: Ryke