As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]thread con Carne

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wow. is it wrong for me to like dick cheney in this clip? the man is a stone cold motherfucker. shitty vice president and a horrible man in many respects, but goddamn. scary as all hell.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I wouldn't want to get a question from Focus on the Family either.

Incenjucar on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    I love all my daughters and grandchildren, even the ones that will burn in hell.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Haha, Tiger does his own stunts.

Seriously, I just saw it on ESPN. He tackles a guy for a commercial, and ends up cutting dude's forehead.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    I love all my daughters and grandchildren, even the ones that will burn in hell.

I am going to party down with the Cheney girls.

But then Lucifer will hog them all.

Incenjucar on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    wow. is it wrong for me to like dick cheney in this clip? the man is a stone cold motherfucker. shitty vice president and a horrible man in many respects, but goddamn. scary as all hell.
    Yeah my hatred for Dick Cheney and contempt for Wolf Blitzer kind of came together in an epic showdown, and I think contempt won out.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Yeah my hatred for Dick Cheney and contempt for Wolf Blitzer kind of came together in an epic showdown, and I think contempt won out.

Cheney scared the shit out of Wolf. I may not like Cheney's stance on... well, anything, but still. There's a molecule of human in him, somewhere.

Fencingsax on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I get the distinct impression that all that one-take narration was wasted.

Oh, well. It was fun to do. :)

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • NoomNoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blitzer totally got caught with his hand in the cookie jar there.

Noom on
    sig.gif
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm totally siding with Blitzer there.

He asked a question, using a quotation from a group which Cheney's administration has pandered to constantly both before and after getting elected. If Cheney thinks they're full of shit, then he should just say so.

Thanatos on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanatos wrote:

He asked a question, using a quotation from a group which Cheney's administration has pandered to constantly both before and after getting elected. If Cheney thinks they're full of shit, then he should just say so.

Well yes, on one hand, it's a valid question, on the other, you basically just asked the man if he thinks his granddaughter shouldn't exist. Of course you're not going to get consistency. You're going to get slammed.

Fencingsax on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanatos wrote:

I sincerely hope you're not serious.

Yar on
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well, I mean what the fuck? What do you expect? Oh, we'll let that hypocrisy slide, because it's his family we're talking about here?

real_pochacco on
    edited January 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Well yes, on one hand, it's a valid question, on the other, you basically just asked the man if he thinks his granddaughter shouldn't exist. Of course you're not going to get consistency. You're going to get slammed.
    Then Cheney should fucking slam him. "That's not a valid question" isn't a response; it's an evasion. It's saying "I think that Focus on the Family is totally full of shit, but I'm not willing to actually stand up to them on behalf of my children/grandchildren because I am a soulless automaton."

Thanatos on
    edited January 2007
    I am off to go gothing.

Later peoples.

Incenjucar on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cheney has been obliteratingly consistent on these kinds of issues. He has always stated that people ought to be able to engage in whatever relationships they want. Asking someone whether or not they think their grandbaby is a bad thing is just retarded. You fuckers use the word "hypocrisy" WAY too much.

It is not "hypocrisy' when two entities that generally agree and support one another still disagree on certain specifics.

If it were, then the Democratic party would be required by law to change it's name to the Hypocratic party.

Jeez.

Yar on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I said goddamn that AA thread makes me wanna drink.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Now I want to to, so I can be like the cool kids.

electricitylikesme on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:
    If it were, then the Democratic party would be required by law to change it's name to the Hypocratic party.

Jeez.
    What? Nation-wide political bodies at times contradict themselves? Shit, you just like totally blew my mind man.

edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    It's actually not all that cool, but it does keep you warm when it's cold out. Well, it actually just causes you to not notice the cold, but whatever, it's the same thing.

edited January 2007
    Also, CT = not dead?

electricitylikesme on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He and alpha make a great pair. They both randomly disappear for months at a time.

Smasher on
    edited January 2007
    celery, do you want to manually insert some titles into the comments section? :winky:

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:
    Cheney has been obliteratingly consistent on these kinds of issues. He has always stated that people ought to be able to engage in whatever relationships they want. Asking someone whether or not they think their grandbaby is a bad thing is just retarded. You fuckers use the word "hypocrisy" WAY too much.

It is not "hypocrisy' when two entities that generally agree and support one another still disagree on certain specifics.

Jeez.

i agree with you again, Yar. how does that make you feel?

also, irond, yeah, contempt raped hatred via ass.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have mixed feelings about the last four hours.

On the one hand, practice was a stupid waste of time. On the other hand, I got free food.

VishNub on
    edited January 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    celery, do you want to manually insert some titles into the comments section? :winky:
    If you want I'll play some playlists or an album or something. I'm not really gonna pay attention to it though. Care to hear anything?

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Huh, so that's what became of Hanson: cheerleading for a hot blonde on Deal or No Deal.
    Man AJ it's because of people like you that TV is a bad place.
    I have to show my support for Howie . . . as long as he's doing Boston Pizza commercials and game shows in the U.S., he's not back here in Canada where he'd probably be given his own show, stinking up CBC.

And DonD isn't that bad - as long as the contestants aren't retarded.

Dude, he's doing a Canadian edition of DoDN here sometime soon. I still won't be watching though.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    It's actually not all that cool, but it does keep you warm when it's cold out. Well, it actually just causes you to not notice the cold, but whatever, it's the same thing.

I have actually cut my private drinking down to near zero in order that my liver has a chance to recover between the frequent "not mandatory but actually mandatory" office parties over here.

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    If you want I'll play some playlists or an album or something. I'm not really gonna pay attention to it though. Care to hear anything?
    Play a "partyish" playlist, or something.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    I have actually cut my private drinking down to near zero in order that my liver has a chance to recover between the frequent "not mandatory but actually mandatory" office parties over here.
    Reports of the fragility of the liver have been greatly exaggerated. Either that or I have a lot of friends who will be kicking off at 35.

edited January 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    Play a "partyish" playlist, or something.
    Aight I'll jump on.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited January 2007
    Hey, D&D. The ACLU called my school today
    Why you gotta be all racist dude?

• SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    they're on to you mang

Senjutsu on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited January 2007
    ALocksly wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I have actually cut my private drinking down to near zero in order that my
    liver has a chance to recover between the frequent "not mandatory but actually mandatory" office parties over here.
    The Japanese are incredibly fucked up in a huge number of ways, but they get the whole drinking thing right, dead on.

Thanatos on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also, CT = not dead?

Like Obi-Wan, if you strike him down, he comes back more powerful than before.

Or something.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    they're on to you mang
    No no, I asked them to
    How you doin’ young lady? that feelin’ that you givin' me really drives me crazy.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2007
    So my girlfriend wants me to describe the Cass and Choco thing to her. I'm thinking of just directing her to the chat thread where they're drunk.

Would this be considered giving a poor summary of the situation?

electricitylikesme on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So my girlfriend wants me to describe the Cass and Choco thing to her. I'm thinking of just directing her to the chat thread where they're drunk.

Would this be considered giving a poor summary of the situation?

Yes but it'd still be hilarious

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.