As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Control-Alt-Delete storyline reaches incredibly dramatic climax!

DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Social Entropy++
20081020.jpg

Will Lilah leave with the man who seems willing to commit ridiculous amounts of money and time to stealing her from Ethan?

Will the Other Guy's unreasonably possessive demands be laughed off as hilarious and cute?

Would a religion centred around videogames really work?

To find out, you have to stay tuned to the mind of Tim_Indifferent.gif

**this is not a webcomic thread, it is specifically about Control Alt Delete***

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
DodgeBlan on

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sweet, everyone loses, big surprise.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I predict that their mouths will all be slightly agape and their eyes half open

#pipe on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuuuuuck

Synthetic Orange on
    edited October 2008
    Aaaaaah fuck look at the comic's title!

Synthetic Orange on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Haha, isn't CAD a bad webcomic?

It sure is!

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PotU wrote: »
    Haha, isn't CAD a bad webcomic?

It sure is!

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! WE'RE IN FOR QUITE RIDE!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    noooooooooooooooooooo

that was never my intention

DodgeBlan on

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can only hope that the end of this storyline is a four-panel series of Tim Buckley shooting himself in the head.

With, of course, copious word bubbles explaining how he's committing suicide.

Moriveth on
    edited October 2008
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    **this is not a webcomic thread, it is specifically about Control Alt Delete***

But, but, Control Alt Delete is a webcomic...

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Tonkka on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DodgeBlan sucks buttholes.

ChicoBlue on
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

shit's DEEP, son

Iskander on
    edited October 2008
    i think in the first panel Christian is running his hand through his hair

DodgeBlan on

• bongibongi regular
    edited October 2008
    i literally will not wait to see what happens

bongi on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    12 hours to Venice?

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • bongibongi regular
    edited October 2008
    the other dude is way hotter than the main dude, the comic should be about him and his adventures to explore his sexuality

bongi on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    J3p wrote: »
    12 hours to Venice?

Including waiting at the airport maybe.

Also west coast. And maybe they land in Rome and gotta take the bus or train or something.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    bongi wrote: »
    the other dude is way hotter than the main dude, the comic should be about him and his adventures to explore his sexuality

Man what

gross

what

GOD GROSS

#pipe on
    edited October 2008
    First post from a lurking lurker, lots to say. Ignore me if you're easily bored.

We can easily say this all begins at the miscarriage. My little family dealt with such a misfortune last Christmas, and one of the things I learned from that was how important it is to be with your family when things like that happen. It doesn't take a genius to realize that everyone is affected by a miscarriage, especially BOTH would-be parents, and times like that are when a couple really needs to be there for one another. Nearly the first thing Lilah did was ditch Ethan for some time away from him. Yes, Lilah had a hard time, but so did Ethan, and she abandoned him right when he needed her, right when it was raw, to go take comfort in her parents. SHE went to other people who loved her, Ethan was stuck with an insensitive robot and an insensitive friend. Ethan and Lilah both needed love and comfort during that time, and Lilah abandoned him.

Upon her return, from what I remember (call me out if I'm mistaken), Ethan tried being supportive. Or at least he was not as manic and mischievous as usual. It really affected him. And Lilah has pretty much just been Miss BitchBiscuit. As a character, I've really just gotten to hate her. She's put sulking around in her own misery before her relationship and completely neglected to realize that she is NOT the only one in the relationship that needed love and assurance. When you lose a child, what you have left is each other, and THAT is what you had before the child even happened. If you can forget about it that easily when you and your partner need each other more than ever, you were never in love.

More to the recent point...

Not so much a twist here. Christian was reintroduced at a tense time in the comic, and it can only make things better one way or another. My only real complaint with how this was pulled off was that there was SO much timeskipping going on there. Imagine, logically, how many seperate days it would have taken for that to play out. Plotting an Ethany scheme to defeat Christian, sowing the seeds of doubt in Lilah, the actual time it would take to talk to the congregation, and Ethan's day managing the store. There was a lot there we didn't see and a few plotholes hiding in the timeskips. I would have preferred it being dragged out, and it would, in my opinion, be a bit more suited to the comic to have a big Ethan vs Christian battle build-up. But, of course, with the number of complaints about the storyline, it may've just been wiser to get it over with as quickly as possible.

In any case, there was enough instances of Ethan staying late at work to make Lilah think, and calling him at the store only to hear a strange female voice in the background and a blatant lie about working late would surely be enough to make any woman suspicious, especially with how nuts Lilah's been since the miscarriage. If we take it as it seems and Christian did convince Lilah that Ethan was cheating, it wouldn't be that hard. She's been way out of it, and there was enough to make a half-hysterical woman suspicious enough to leave.

I don't see how in any case it would make sense for Lilah to dump Ethan for Christian, but that's beside the point. Either Lilah leaves, or Lilah stays. From her brief conversation with Lucas, we could either guess that there's something we don't know, or that quite a lot happened offscreen between then and now to change the situation.

I do hope Lilah leaves. I'm sick of her. If she leaves for good, Ethan can get over her and things will be peachy again. More likely, if Christian is telling the truth, she'll go off with him, at some point it will be revealed to her that it was all a setup, and she'll be horrified, eventually returning to Ethan to beg his forgiveness and having learned an important lesson about trust, communication, and love. Either way, we wrap it all up.

/ End exceedingly long, boring, opinionated, analytical post. Back to your regularly scheduled forum mayhem.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I predict great things for this thread

oh yes

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    well, uh...

8u

Seph on
    doit.png
  • bongibongi regular
    edited October 2008
    #pipe wrote: »

Man what

gross

what

GOD GROSS

m93ltv.jpg

mmm what a stud

bongi on
    edited October 2008
    My mind hatched one last desperate plot at a happy end.

Notice Ethan's face in the last panel. A shocked look staring straight forward.

Now notice Christian. He's not looking where he's going.

My best guess is that Lilah's standing there, and as soon as he turns his head, POW! Right in the kisser!

Then, on Friday, they are back together, and have a nice dinner with Lucas and Kate. Scott comes out, revealing the first ever Linux gaming platform, and Zeke (previously found by Ted) is repaired, and Linux-station three six Tii (lol) compatible.

Happiness pursues.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    J3p wrote: »
    snip

holy shit

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
    edited October 2008
    8^U

Synthetic Orange on
    edited October 2008
    i think the gay side has corrupted you

i think if i put sideburns and a wavy toupee on a melon you may try to fuck it

it's time to throw you in the reactor pit, bongi

Seph on
    doit.png
  • bongibongi regular
    edited October 2008
    do you really need the toupee

bongi on
    edited October 2008
    Someone let me know how this all ends, I have to go to bed.

Tonkka on
    edited October 2008
    It ends with a moderator telling us off and maybe a few infractions being handed out?

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited October 2008
    j3p the future is the province of the Gods, not men

DodgeBlan on

edited October 2008

i think you are a sucker for wavy thick hair more than bald melons

Seph on
    doit.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

ahahahahahahahahah

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    y'know, reading this crap, even for the sake of irony and making fun of it

well, it's kind of like eating a turd so you can make fun of people who eat turds

you don't have to eat the turd, fellas

Knob on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think Spider Jerusalem calls it "cultural slumming."

ChicoBlue on
    edited October 2008
    that's different

we don't need to see things from a guy who eats turds' perspective

Knob on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited October 2008
    Seph wrote: »

i think you are a sucker for wavy thick hair more than bald melons

will kylie be playing to get me in the mood

bongi on
    edited October 2008
    i find this particular turd quite fascinating.

DodgeBlan on

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    20081020.jpg

Wow, I had no idea Franzibald was in CAD, too.

DarkPrimus on
    edited October 2008
    Both those characters are Buckley's self-insertions.

ow my brain

Synthetic Orange on
    edited October 2008
    or maybe it's just symptomatic of him only being able to draw fat guy or skinny guy

Knob on
    edited October 2008
    it seems like all the male characters are buckley, and all the female characters are a fusion of his mum and girlfriend(s).

DodgeBlan on

This discussion has been closed.