As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sorry if this has been discussed already - but I'd be willing to put together a game for those in Europe, etc, who can't necessarily play on a lot of these threads because of time differences. Has this already been done? If not - is it something people would be interested in me putting together?

Micro on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Everyone can play these games while being online at different times,.

Sure, not being around for the narration can be harmful, but there are many players who fight timezones to play as it is.

You should give the regular games a shot, you'd be surprised who is awake when you post.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey everyone it turns out that i'm going to be disposed of for a good chunk of time next week starting on Thursday and most likely returning home on Sunday night so I have to postpone putting up the D&D phalla for about one week. Sign ups will go up next Thursday or Friday. It's a bit unfortunate because I was going to do a zombie theme to coincide with the season but at least the sign ups will be around the right time.

(edit: if anyone does have something that they have finished and want to put up today I won't object. It's been a while since there was something going on in D&D and I don't want to deprive all of the phalla players out there.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Sure, not being around for the narration can be harmful, but there are many players who fight timezones to play as it is.

What is this "being around for the narration" nonsense

I find it quite bewildering

Gumpy on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been in games with vote closes that fell in the middle of my work day. You can't pull any last minute shenanigans, but you can participate just fine.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, I'm a UK player myself - short of staying up reaaaaally late (or taking the iPhone to bed :winky:) it's impossible to pull off the last minute stuff, but still engaging to play.

Having said that, feel free to host a game Micro!

Wildcat on
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    has anybody ever run a game with a post restriction that you must reply to any PM about the game with "screw you" or something as such?

It'd be hard to tell if people were cheating, but if people were willing to play along it'd be fun.

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    has anybody ever run a game with a post restriction that you must reply to any PM about the game with "screw you" or something as such?

It'd be hard to tell if people were cheating, but if people were willing to play along it'd be fun.

You can do that. You just have to assume people won't cheat. If they cheat on something like that, they are almost certain to be caught when the game is over, anyways.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

You can do that. You just have to assume people won't cheat. If they cheat on something like that, they are almost certain to be caught when the game is over, anyways.

Then we mock them for being such utterly pathetic losers.

Incidentally I'm totally going to run Honey-Trap phalla soon....

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, in other news, is any putting up a new mini anytime soon? Or are we waiting until the D&D phalla is done?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! was the first to ask, and said he'll be starting a mini soon.

Thetheroo and Toxic Toys also asked.

Far as I know, any two of the above are good to go.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Goose! was the first to ask, and said he'll be starting a mini soon.

Thetheroo and Toxic Toys also asked.

Far as I know, any two of the above are good to go.

Signups for mine will go up tonight, if there are no objections.

But Toxic can go ahead of me if he wants to.

Thetheroo on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well I was going to be posting my sign ups as soon as my D&D game ended. I meant to post it up sooner, but football grabbed my attention.

So, I was gonna post mine at midnight basically.

EDIT: D&D as in Dungeons and Dragons. I'm not running any Phalls in Debate and Discussion.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    Well I was going to be posting my sign ups as soon as my D&D game ended. I meant to post it up sooner, but football grabbed my attention.

So, I was gonna post mine at midnight basically.

EDIT: D&D as in Dungeons and Dragons. I'm not running any Phalls in Debate and Discussion.

Do you want me to wait to put up my signups then? I'm glad I checked this post first because in another window I'm writing the OP.

I mean, it's fine if you want me to wait, I'll just wait till Wednesday to start it up. Or we could both post at the same time, but I don't know if we would get enought people in both then.

Thetheroo on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's what I was thinking. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate you waiting. I wanna play in it too :D

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    That's what I was thinking. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate you waiting. I wanna play in it too :D

:(

Fine.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, you guys can have another mini running.

So what happened with this? Is there a reason we're sticking to three mini's?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, you guys can have another mini running.

So what happened with this? Is there a reason we're sticking to three mini's?

Habit.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited October 2008
    That should say two but my internet died there for a moment.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited October 2008
    So I'm going to post the start tomorrow morning EST. Sorry for being dumb. I just sort of keep forgetting.

Goose! on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'm thinking about getting into the whole making a miniphalla thing.

I am looking for someone to help me run/ write one up. I want to base it off of the 2008 presidential elections.

Sure to be a good time. Free booze and women. PM Monkeyfeet if interested

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about getting into the whole making a miniphalla thing.

I am looking for someone to help me run/ write one up. I want to base it off of the 2008 presidential elections.

Sure to be a good time. Free booze and women. PM Monkeyfeet if interested

Make it based off of this blog, and I will love you forever.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Nice. Maybe some of that will find its way in.

I need some experienced phalla hoster to check my mechanics though to see if they will all work together.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    I'm not really that experienced, but I'll take a look if you want me to.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Well damn I just wrote this entire thing without thinking

Would I be able to run the mini before next Tuesday?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll help you out if you want, monkeyfeet. I loves to make games.

Rend on
    edited October 2008
    Alright thanks for all the help that I have received from The Roo ROO and Rend. I can have a mini up at any time just about.

I know at least two people have permission to run their mini now and Goose already has a game running. But it would be great if I could get permission from the powers that be to run my game sooner rather then later so that my theme is topical.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Well, Roo's running his game tomorrow I believe.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    Tonight! As soon as you give me the go ahead to post sign ups.

I'm all fired up and a'rarin to go.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    You want to go now or you want to wait for my narration to go up?

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    You want to go now or you want to wait for my narration to go up?

Hooray!

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Hopefully around Friday there will be an opening for a quick mini. Otherwise I might ask Than if we can have a special occasion for an election game

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    You should run it in D&D. I think that'd be cool.

Goose! on
    edited October 2008
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Hopefully around Friday there will be an opening for a quick mini. Otherwise I might ask Than if we can have a special occasion for an election game
    Uh....I still think Than has stated we can have three games running.

....and D&D has a hella long wait list.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !sign up for main list - I figure it's at least a year away before getting called upon - which means I may graduate from being shit to being mediocre. Looking forward to narrating one.

Micro on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Got another idea for a mini, so looking for someone to help me put some polish on it.

LaOs if you see this, send me a PM and I'll give you a reserved spot for helping me out with my last mini if you want.

This one is going to be themed Blood vs Crips, so it's a gang war. Someone PM me if you wanna help out.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2008
    Change my main phalla theme to Harry Phalla, please.

Goose! on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Change my main phalla theme to Folie à Plusiers.

Quoth on
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Change my phalla theme to the Of Dice and Men/Critical Failures Phalla.

minigunwielder on
    edited October 2008
    Change my theme to ChaNinja Style RC-3 (Upgrade) With Start Menu Icon for Windows XP, please.
    [tiny]!sign up[/tiny]

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.