As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, didn't notice the new thread! Tonight in Prospicience's fable II adventures:

1. Make family.
    2. Kill all gargoyles.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My brother just sent me this text
    If there is onw downfall to worshipping shadows and darkness, it is that we must take our tea without milk

I don't know why, but I find that brilliant.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can anyone confirm that Hobbes are a philosophy reference, or is the name just coincidence?

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well the Hobbes are nasty, brutish and short...

I think my brain just kerploded.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So last night I went to bloodstone, bought a house so I could sleep with a hooker which was cool, (okay mostly I needed somewhere to sleep so I could buy stuff from the stores during the day). Wake up the next day, my crazy ass wife shows up.

Um, why is this crazy bitch following me around?

Since i'm basically a saint on this character, any way to get rid of this 'family' without killing them? Or should I just kill them and atone for it later?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I had my wife in OakField follow me to Bowerstone for some reason last night.

Sheep on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have the LE version and it came with a card, however I'm unclear how to get the pub games.

Another thing that bugs me is I don't get any of the equipment from doing the story lines on the website, all I ever get is the weapon and armor. Not a big deal, but still I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get it.

I spent some time last night seeing how many ladies I could get into bed at once, turns out 8 not including me. The funny part is it only counted as one extramarital affair. I got 7 or 8 std's out of it though. I also spent time going through a lot of the stuff that I skipped over. The main story is a little on the short side, but I skipped so many quests and side dungeons I still have hours left to play not including collections and gargoyle shooting.

Gile's Farm + End Game Spoiled:
    Ok so I didn't bring my dog back, yeah I know stupid on my part considering it is a key part of the game. Well I went through all of the basement and I cleared it, however I cannot dig up the gun because sucks to be me I don't have a dog. I know where to dig but there is nothing there when I do it. Do you have to have a dog to get it? If so that is a crappy design. I'll go back today and see if I get lucky, but at this point I'm pretty disappointed I cannot get it becuase I didn't choose the neutral path end-game.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    So last night I went to bloodstone, bought a house so I could sleep with a hooker which was cool, (okay mostly I needed somewhere to sleep so I could buy stuff from the stores during the day). Wake up the next day, my crazy ass wife shows up.

Since i'm basically a saint on this character, any way to get rid of this 'family' without killing them? Or should I just kill them and atone for it later?

Have her follow you into an area with enemies and let them get killed. Problem solved.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    RedDawn wrote: »

Have her follow you into an area with enemies and let them get killed. Problem solved.

God that sounds so fucked up.

First night I was playing there was a quest some dead ghost wanted me to complete, harmless right?
    So yeah, I then somehow convinced some chick to marry me, told her to fuck off, and then she kills herself. THEN she finds out her ex is the reason and is allll bent out of shape. God I felt like such a giant asshole.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ohhh yeah totally forgot to ask, how the hell do you buy furniture? There is a furniture store in Bowerstone Market, but the dumb bitch only sells a single book?

I want to pimp out mah' manor.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ohhh yeah totally forgot to ask, how the hell do you buy furniture? There is a furniture store in Bowerstone Market, but the dumb bitch only sells a single book?

I want to pimp out mah' manor.

Murder time.

Also, it seemed to restock for my wife when I went local co-op with her. Don't know if that was coincidence or...
    the opposite of coincidence.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So murder my wife and children who follow me around, and murder the furniture bitch who doesn't own any furniture.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    'What do you mean we're out of milk?! I know how to fix this..'

*pulls out pistol*

Murder, is there anything it can't solve?

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Don't murder her, just let her get killed. It won't effect your alignment. I noticed with the furniture she hardly ever had any. Try sleeping for 7 days and going back.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Don't murder her, just let her get killed. It won't effect your alignment. I noticed with the furniture she hardly ever had any. Try sleeping for 7 days and going back.

She's just had the book since I started playing the game, never anything else.

I think I need to end her.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

She's just had the book since I started playing the game, never anything else.

I think I need to end her.

Release your anger. Only your hatred can [strike]destroy me[/strike] get you a new bed.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think the bowerstone book store is bugged. Go to the one in bloodstone.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    So how do I perform the insta-reload then?

Press Y when you hear the reloading click. It is in the lvl3 brutal styles.

muninn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Furniture store
    Dexterous styles

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Italics

Am I doing this right?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    JulesJules Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

If you finish this game in 6 hours, you aren't doing nearly enough farting, drinking, and philandering with the local ladies.

Jules on
    (USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »
    bombboy wrote: »
    btw, they have a "fix" for the LE's that didn't get a download card now:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/games/fable2/default.htm
    Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.
    Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

Where does it say pub games are free? I noticed codes on the dev site, but that's not like a flat out free thing, it's a handful of freebees.

Also is there any real way for them to tell if you got the LE or not in that signup? Because uh...

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there any way to avoid/fix the red eyes glitch in Shadow Court?

Is there an easier way to gain purity besides eating hundreds of vegetables?

I don't know what the banshees say if you were perfect, but as a good character who accidentally got divorced twice because I apparently wasn't visiting enough, ow. Her happiness bar was at 75%, WTF!

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    If there is onw downfall to worshipping shadows and darkness, it is that we must take our tea without milk

haha yea, that's one of the loading screen texts, one of the funniest ones to me

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah kinda regretting buying the LE version now. Oh well, what can you do.

Overall the game has been eating up most of my time, I just got RA3 and haven't really done anything with it other than make sure it works.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

I don't know what the banshees say if you were perfect, but as a good character who accidentally got divorced twice because I apparently wasn't visiting enough, ow. Her happiness bar was at 75%, WTF!

Buy out the Gypsy camp and set all the rent to 0.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    KwornKworn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So what happens to your kid when you lose them to child seervices?

Kworn on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

That's a good idea, thanks. I thought it went back after you put the rent back to normal, but I guess not.

Nobody knows anything about the Shadow Court? I don't want red eyes of rape. :( Oh the Lionhead forums are telling me that's the intended consequence, whoops. Someone here said it was a glitch.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I think it's intended, because it happens to everyone from what I can tell.

It'll eventually return your eyes as you gain more purity/good.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Belruel wrote: »

haha yea, that's one of the loading screen texts, one of the funniest ones to me

That and the one about the Hero killing Jack of Blades and the Guildmaster too, leaving 'your health is low' engraved on his head (or something like that). I only got to read the full thing when Fyre posted it in the last thread, but it was genius.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

So I don't think I'm ever going to ever beat fable.

When I last played (I barely have any time) I spent 2 hours gambling ALL my money away.

I love you Fable. Now I got to really start that Abbot quest! :O. Also the god damn Town Crier wants me to marry him, I don't mind that he loves me but he follows me every where I hit him in the face with a crossbow and he still wants a god damn ring. Jerk.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My fable 2 is glitched out, the screen is almost completely red. I've restarted the console, and its still there. Its only fable 2, the xbox guide is uneffected. Its from the very start of the game too, even the logos are all bugged out.

This really sucks....

Anyone else had this problem?

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

That and the one about the Hero killing Jack of Blades and the Guildmaster too, leaving 'your health is low' engraved on his head (or something like that). I only got to read the full thing when Fyre posted it in the last thread, but it was genius.

Yeah, there are actually 2 quotes about the guildmaster being annoying. There's that one, where it said that a disgruntled hero had killed the Guildmaster and carved "Your Health is Low" across his head. Then there was another one, a quote from a random citizen of Albion, that said something like "They say the Guildmaster has the ability to communicate with heroes' minds over great distances. Sounds kind of annoying to me."

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    My fable 2 is glitched out, the screen is almost completely red. I've restarted the console, and its still there. Its only fable 2, the xbox guide is uneffected. Its from the very start of the game too, even the logos are all bugged out.

This really sucks....

Clear the cache, and delete the memory off of your HDD? I'm not sure, that's really odd. Has it been like this since you started? Could you exchange the disc?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Yeah, there are actually 2 quotes about the guildmaster being annoying. There's that one, where it said that a disgruntled hero had killed the Guildmaster and carved "Your Health is Low" across his head. Then there was another one, a quote from a random citizen of Albion, that said something like "They say the Guildmaster has the ability to communicate with heroes' minds over great distances. Sounds kind of annoying to me."

I'm actually really surprised at some of the genuinely funny writing in this. It's rare that I'll actually laugh out loud at a game (where it wants me to, at least), but this has hit the mark a few times.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

This really sucks....

Clear the cache, and delete the memory off of your HDD? I'm not sure, that's really odd. Has it been like this since you started? Could you exchange the disc?

No, it hasn't been like this from the start, I'm actually near completing the game. It was fine earlier before i left the house, just got back and its like this now. The disc hasn't even left the machine.

It almost looks like the scrolling code from the movie the matrix, but its bright red and all over the screen. But like i said, its only fable 2, when i pull up the guide its not ontop of that.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

This really sucks....

I actually had a small oval portion of my screen go stark white one time last week... It was appearing over everything, and at first I was worried, I thought it was my television. But then it went away after a minute, and hasn't happened since.

Also, Saturday I had been trying to play and the game froze up after a couple of minutes, with all these static lines covering the screen. I couldn't get the XBox to respond at all, and had to shut if off by the power button. It happened twice, after playing the game for about 5 minutes each time. I took the game out of the machine and didn't try playing again until later that day, and it hasn't happened again since then.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    So the guy I posted that has 1 billion experience a couple of days ago?

now he's up to 11 billion.

Dude needs to fucking chill out.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    So the guy I posted that has 1 billion experience a couple of days ago?

now he's up to 11 billion.

Dude needs to fucking chill out.

Is he just running the Crucible over and over again?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

That's a good idea, thanks. I thought it went back after you put the rent back to normal, but I guess not.

Nobody knows anything about the Shadow Court? I don't want red eyes of rape. :( Oh the Lionhead forums are telling me that's the intended consequence, whoops. Someone here said it was a glitch.
    My red eyes went away after a restart. I'm good/pure, I don't know if that matters.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
This discussion has been closed.