As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

But I don't want the [chat]

ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
edited October 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
It is too much
cakepressurechiefnq1.jpg

ViolentChemistry on

• Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    If I ever meet you, I'm using your full name

That thing cannot go to waste

I'll feel like I'm being yelled at by my mom again. It's a good yelling name.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I kinda hate Cake now

deadonthestreet on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This [chat] is terrible, and you should feel terrible.

That last chat was locked with one of my favorite strips.

Alecthar on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Hippie, I would smoke with you. You wouldn't even recognize me in that context. I'm all pleasant and cheerful and helpful and smiling even.

ViolentChemistry on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn post timers.

DeShadowC on
    edited October 2008
    Hippie, I would smoke with you. You wouldn't even recognize me in that context. I'm all pleasant and cheerful and helpful and smiling even.

I've never smoked. What's it like?

DeShadowC on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Real hippies share their drugs.

Real hippies have friends that would actually smoke with them, but alas.

Real hippies are also not nearly as angry as you are.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If I ever meet you, I'm using your full name

That thing cannot go to waste

I'll feel like I'm being yelled at by my mom again. It's a good yelling name.

Your mom does like loud sex

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Real hippies share their drugs.

Real hippies have friends that would actually smoke with them, but alas.

Real hippies are also not nearly as angry as you are.

Real hippies smoke so much they can't maintain the hate.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "True Names" was a novella by Vernor Vinge where a person's true name on cyberspace was their most precious secret because with a person's true name you could wreak utter havoc and also get the cops on their ass. It's better than anything else someone might have been referencing.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008

You live on Ohio, don't you? Next time I'm up there to fuck my ex again, I'll drop you a line.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I don't know what it's like for people who aren't ADD, but for me it's suddenly easier to be inside my mind. The clutter becomes less of a problem and actually kind of convenient because my brain has time to remember where I tossed everything the last time I had it. Also I have infinitely more tolerance for the stupidity of others. Despite the temporary spike in blood-pressure, my overall blood-pressure is lower when I've been smoking regularly than when I have not.

Also it doesn't bounce around like it's a fucking pinball for a couple hours.

ViolentChemistry on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

It’s like...

... yeaaaahhhhhh[size=-2]hhhhhhh[/size]

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I may watch something on Hulu

But what

Elendil on
    edited October 2008

But what

Dr. Horrible.

Sarksus on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    "True Names" was a novella by Vernor Vinge where a person's true name on cyberspace was their most precious secret because with a person's true name you could wreak utter havoc and also get the cops on their ass. It's better than anything else someone might have been referencing.

Not true. A Wizard of Earthsea. Fantastic book.

Alecthar on
    edited October 2008

I don't know what it's like for people who aren't ADD, but for me it's suddenly easier to be inside my mind. The clutter becomes less of a problem and actually kind of convenient because my brain has time to remember where I tossed everything the last time I had it. Also I have infinitely more tolerance for the stupidity of others. Despite the temporary spike in blood-pressure, my overall blood-pressure is lower when I've been smoking regularly than when I have not.

What you're describing is similar to my experience, but I don't have ADD I don't think.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited October 2008

It makes you dumb and happy and sometimes a little depressed towards the end.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    More than a few people around here know my real name, and through that most of my professional information.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008

You live on Ohio, don't you? Next time I'm up there to fuck my ex again, I'll drop you a line.

No bad WH.

DeShadowC on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    I need a pair of comfy earplugs; do grocery stores carry them? I'm not sure where to start looking.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    More than a few people around here know my real name, and through that most of my professional information.

Your credit is as good as used for clandestine purchases in seedy business of ill repute.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I need a pair of comfy earplugs; do grocery stores carry them? I'm not sure where to start looking.

drug store. Alternately walmart.

DeShadowC on
    edited October 2008

What you're describing is similar to my experience, but I don't have ADD I don't think.

It also improves my writing and public speaking skills, measurably.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited October 2008

Shooting range.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited October 2008

drug store. Alternately walmart.

Anywhere that sells power-tools. I'd try whichever hardware store in your area gouges the least on price.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited October 2008
    I know Will's real name. I'll give you a hint:
    It's Will.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008
    Oh, I forgot to tell you folks.

I decided to cool it with the girls. We'll still hang out, but no more fucking.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Yeah probably in the same aisle as stuff for your feet or something

IDK what you have down there, Fred Meyer? Meijer? Wal-mart?

Medopine on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Where do ya'll generally fall on the 'how people to whom you've loaned money spend their money' camp? Like, a gigantic part of me (the 'stop being a dictatorial cunt) part is saying 'you chose to lend them the money, your nose goes no further'. However when I loan someone money so they can 'not starve' and later in the week, before paying me back, they buy candy bars and cigarettes...

Meh.

Organichu on
    edited October 2008

It's cool, I stopped living vicariously through you.

Alecthar on
    edited October 2008

I hope it's not because of your ex.

I give you a week :P

Medopine on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Your credit is as good as used for clandestine purchases in seedy business of ill repute.
    Yeah, but I'm worried some people here will do something, too.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008

Probably for the best. Situations like that rarely last without excessive dramamamama.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

But what

Dr. Horrible.
    So be it

Elendil on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You sadden me hippie

nexuscrawler on
    edited October 2008

But what

Dr. Horrible.
    So be it

Everything is significant when italicized.

And shit, I'm missing Life on Mars. iTunes later on I guess.

Alecthar on
    edited October 2008

Yeah, but I'm worried some people here will do something, too.

That's what I was talking about. We just charged a crate full of dildos from a guy who is probably a terrorist.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Where do ya'll generally fall on the 'how people to whom you've loaned money spend their money' camp? Like, a gigantic part of me (the 'stop being a dictatorial cunt) part is saying 'you chose to lend them the money, your nose goes no further'. However when I loan someone money so they can 'not starve' and later in the week, before paying me back, they buy candy bars and cigarettes...

Meh.

Now you know not to lend them any more money. But I don't think you have a right to wag your finger at them at this point or anything.

Medopine on
    edited October 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

It makes you dumb and happy and sometimes a little depressed towards the end.

The dumb part is funny, actually. You will make some dumb mistakes but overall it doesn't impact intelligence. However people take it as an excuse not to bother thinking, so they generally seem dumb.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.