As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

But I don't want the [chat]

• stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guess I garter do the dishes.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I ted to get smart but generally confused

like living in a plush teddy bear

nexuscrawler on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot to tell you folks.

I decided to cool it with the girls. We'll still hang out, but no more fucking.

I hope it's not because of your ex.

I give you a week :P

It... kind of is. But in a tengential way. The luster wore of precisely because I had that good sex with my ex again. What with the emotions and the caring and tenderness. I want that, and I kept trying for that with the girls but they weren't interested in it at all, so I'm pulling it back before I try something stupid.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Hippie, I would smoke with you. You wouldn't even recognize me in that context. I'm all pleasant and cheerful and helpful and smiling even.

I've never smoked. What's it like?

It makes you dumb and happy and sometimes a little depressed towards the end.

The dumb part is funny, actually. You will make some dumb mistakes but overall it doesn't impact intelligence. However people take it as an excuse not to bother thinking, so they generally seem dumb.

Well it makes it hard to think clearly, and you become attracted to shiny/stupid stuff. Also anyone can convince you of almost anything if they know how to do it right.

I once convinced a girl that smoking actually generated discreet experience points, and doing it often enough would cause you to "level up."

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

It... kind of is. But in a tengential way. The luster wore of precisely because I had that good sex with my ex again. What with the emotions and the caring and tenderness. I want that, and I kept trying for that with the girls but they weren't interested in it at all, so I'm pulling it back before I try something stupid.

Tangential. And that sounds pretty smart to me. Hang in there.

Medopine on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Where do ya'll generally fall on the 'how people to whom you've loaned money spend their money' camp? Like, a gigantic part of me (the 'stop being a dictatorial cunt) part is saying 'you chose to lend them the money, your nose goes no further'. However when I loan someone money so they can 'not starve' and later in the week, before paying me back, they buy candy bars and cigarettes...

Meh.

Now you know not to lend them any more money. But I don't think you have a right to wag your finger at them at this point or anything.

You are most wise, Medopine. Most sagacious.

Organichu on
    edited October 2008
    Hippie, I would smoke with you. You wouldn't even recognize me in that context. I'm all pleasant and cheerful and helpful and smiling even.

The dumb part is funny, actually. You will make some dumb mistakes but overall it doesn't impact intelligence. However people take it as an excuse not to bother thinking, so they generally seem dumb.

What I find is that it frees me to think really deeply. What this means is that I just retreat into my head, so I'm not the most social smoker in the world, but I enjoy reading while under the influence because it all just feels so much more authentic.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited October 2008

Tangential. And that sounds pretty smart to me. Hang in there.

I'll take this one VC.

giveupzg8.jpg

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008
    I'm just glad that, for once in my life, I took initiative and made an actual decision.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited October 2008
    Where do ya'll generally fall on the 'how people to whom you've loaned money spend their money' camp? Like, a gigantic part of me (the 'stop being a dictatorial cunt) part is saying 'you chose to lend them the money, your nose goes no further'. However when I loan someone money so they can 'not starve' and later in the week, before paying me back, they buy candy bars and cigarettes...

Meh.

Now you know not to lend them any more money. But I don't think you have a right to wag your finger at them at this point or anything.

You are most wise, Medopine. Most sagacious.

I don't lend money unless 1) I know when I'm getting it back, in which case I don't care what they spend it on or 2) it's to my best friend who's in hock to me for about $1300 but I really don't care because I'll get it back if and when I need it.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008
    I'm just glad that, for once in my life, I took initiative and made an actual decision.

And that decision was not to have sex with two women at the same time.

Nice one.
    I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Actually kinda proud of you.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008
    And yeah, Medo's channeling Ann Landers but with none of the preachy bullshit.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I recently had a friend who had owed me >$750 for over a year pay me back. He'd been on pretty tough times, and it was nice to be validated for believing in him when other people had serious doubts.

TL DR on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Legend of the Seeker comes out today. A TV series produced by the peeps who did Xena about a series of books I have come to loath. Guess I won't be watching that.

Alecthar on
    edited October 2008
    I recently had a friend who had owed me >$750 for over a year pay me back. He'd been on pretty tough times, and it was nice to be validated for believing in him when other people had serious doubts.

Similar deal here. It started out with smaller loans and stuff but then all of a sudden his rent money was stolen and he called me in a panic, so that was like $600 or so, and then he lost his job and had to sell his computer for rent again, so I basically gave him mine and told him he could pay me back later.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    Felt is the best thing ever!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »

It's made with urine.

Alecthar on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Well it makes it hard to think clearly, and you become attracted to shiny/stupid stuff. Also anyone can convince you of almost anything if they know how to do it right.

I once convinced a girl that smoking actually generated discreet experience points, and doing it often enough would cause you to "level up."

I think that girl was just dumb, dude. I don't have those problems. Maybe I just have more experience being high than you or her.

ViolentChemistry on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

It's made with urine.

And it's saving me from pain. I superglued it to the bottom of some very comfy rubber-bottomed shoes and bam! Dancing shoes.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    And today, for my daily "Fuck I'm going to hell for laughing at this" moment, I found:

abstinence-thumb.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008

I think that girl was just dumb, dude. I don't have those problems. Maybe I just have more experience being high than you or her.

It was her third time.

I am pretty good at convincing people of weird shit when they're high. Especially when I'm high.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    And today, for my daily "Fuck I'm going to hell for laughing at this" moment, I found:
    abstinence-thumb.jpg

I chortled.

Alecthar on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been high all of one time, last summer. I guess it was cool, but I haven't really been chomping at the bit to do it again.

Grey Ghost on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I've got a cute girl drinking beer in my living room. She has on several occasions told me I'm awesome. As well, she gets along with my husband, who is also here.

Recommendations? :winky:

Passerbye on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    So I've got a cute girl drinking beer in my living room. She has on several occasions told me I'm awesome. As well, she gets along with my husband, who is also here.

Get it on with her while she video tapes it followed by sending me a link to the vid.

DeShadowC on
    edited October 2008

That :winky: felt redundant.

Alecthar on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I can come over.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008

Whatever makes your gears turn.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    edited October 2008

Get it on with her while she video tapes it followed by sending me a link to the vid.

Dude

Creepy

Medopine on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just saw the Doctor Who about the library. Good stuff.

Quid on
    edited October 2008

Dude

Creepy

More than slightly, yes.

Alecthar on
    edited October 2008

Subtlety Check:...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    ...FAIL
    .......................................FAIL

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How odd. I ate a double-bacon BLT yesterday and this morning my waistline seems to have gotten smaller, if the holes on my belt are any indicator.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Dude

Creepy

Pfft its not like she didn't leave that completely open.

DeShadowC on
    edited October 2008
    Hey Medo I'm cool. Someone quoted me in their sig.

Now you just can't help but call me "Cool Zimmy."

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

That :winky: felt redundant.

Normally I ask pretty innocuous (see non-lascivious) questions, so the winky was kinda required.

I'm not sure she'd be up for getting it on while filming. Right now she's reading over my shoulder, giggling, and turning pink.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2008
    If your quote doesn't have the word "dicks" in it it doesn't count

Medopine on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I meet girls I like, I figure out that they don't like me, so I just don't do anything about it or think about it and eventually the feeling goes away.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited October 2008

Dude

Creepy

Pfft its not like she didn't leave that completely open.

A valid point.

Passerbye on
    edited October 2008
    Damnit.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
This discussion has been closed.