As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - I'm Barack Obama and I APPROVE THIS ASS-KICKIN'

• Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So is the patch out and running for xbox people?
    Any noticable fixes?

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No patch yet.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    this game froze in the middle of the "Get Solano" mission.

God fucking damn it.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I had my game crash yesterday as well, stuck in a loading screen, really wanting that patch! I also had a HVT die when he fell into the water for no reason (I was no where near him) which while not a bug, was annoying... I confirmed him while swimming yet it still did the normal photo animation :P

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just had to chime in... Beat this yesterday and had a blast. After some middling reviews i wasnt sure what to expect exactly, but this was Mercs through and through which is all i asked for. I have to clean house for the UN next (after apologising profusely for slaughtering them with god knows how many megatons of explosives), which sounds fun... they seem to have all the real goodies.

I would be on my way to capturing all HVTs except Carmona (!) fucked it all up. I caught him no problem, then got a big red thumbs down when i tried to extract him. Sorta shitty... I had no idea why at the time and didnt know how to avoid it.
    I put him down and entered my house to see if i could do anything from there... and when i went back outside he died. From extreme lonliness i guess? Fuck it, photo, saved.

I loved all the Chinese missions though. Had the most trouble with the shitty dude on the roof... finally i just flew a helicopter as high as possible, above all SAMs or whatever, then decended straight down on the building. Loaded him in, took off straight up again. No fuss!

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Witchsight wrote: »
    Just had to chime in... Beat this yesterday and had a blast. After some middling reviews i wasnt sure what to expect exactly, but this was Mercs through and through which is all i asked for. I have to clean house for the UN next (after apologising profusely for slaughtering them with god knows how many megatons of explosives), which sounds fun... they seem to have all the real goodies.

I would be on my way to capturing all HVTs except Solano fucked it all up. I caught him no problem, then got a big red thumbs down when i tried to extract him. Sorta shitty... I had no idea why at the time and didnt know how to avoid it.
    I put him down and entered my house to see if i could do anything from there... and when i went back outside he died. From extreme lonliness i guess? Fuck it, photo, saved.

I loved all the Chinese missions though. Had the most trouble with the shitty dude on the roof... finally i just flew a helicopter as high as possible, above all SAMs or whatever, then decended straight down on the building. Loaded him in, took off straight up again. No fuss!

Wait, what?
    re: Solano
    I didn't even have an option to extract Solano. When I did the quicktime events at the end and got him out of the helicopter, I automatically got the ending and the achievements.

Actually, reading over your message, I think you might mean Carmona?

SteevL on
  • Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wait... wait yes. Carmona.

When i saw him i was suprised he wasnt female. Im.... im not good with names or remembering plots :(

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Witchsight wrote: »
    I would be on my way to capturing all HVTs except Carmona (!) fucked it all up. I caught him no problem, then got a big red thumbs down when i tried to extract him. Sorta shitty... I had no idea why at the time and didnt know how to avoid it.

When you extract an HVT, the faction that has the bounty on him sends the chopper to pick him up. If they're Hostile towards you, they won't send a chopper, and there's no way to extract. You have to kill him to verify.

freakish light on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Aces High achievement is turning out to be kind of a bitch, mostly because HVTs keeping dying from friendly fire. Another one flung himself from the tower he was in... I assume he saw me coming and knew he was screwed.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    Ganluan wrote: »
    The Aces High achievement is turning out to be kind of a bitch, mostly because HVTs keeping dying from friendly fire. Another one flung himself from the tower he was in... I assume he saw me coming and knew he was screwed.

I've had one apparently drop dead from a heart attack while I left him cuffed while I flew off to take out a SAM launcher so the extraction chopper could land.

Echo on
  • Options
    AsterithAsterith Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Patch rescheduled to be released (for the 360) on October 23. We'll see if this actually happens.

Asterith on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So, I had 2 achievements glitch on me - Stand up and Shout (maximum AN mood) and ...And Justice For All (verify all HVTs). For some reason, being disconnected from the network allowed them to unlock normally.

The first time I beat the game, it froze on the cutscene. I then beat it again, and not only did it give me the achievements for beating the game, but a few more that were apparently random (call 20 airstrikes in co-op, win a co-op race, etc.). I assume this is karmic balance for having the HVTs bug out so many times.

I then had to beat it a third time for ...And Justice For All to unlock. Fortunately, the checkpoint you save at is right before going into the final event.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ok, I think there's something wrong with my game (on the 360). when I get to an HVT and I subdue him, I just get a "HVT captured!" message. Aren't I suppose to put him in a jeep and take him somewhere else before that happens?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ok, I think there's something wrong with my game (on the 360). when I get to an HVT and I subdue him, I just get a "HVT captured!" message. Aren't I suppose to put him in a jeep and take him somewhere else before that happens?

Well, you're supposed to call in an extraction helicopter and load him into it. With how glitchy the game is though, who knows?

Ganluan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Are you in Germany? I seem to remember someone else in here who was from Germany having the same issue, and it might be intentional.

SteevL on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SteevL wrote: »

Are you in Germany? I seem to remember someone else in here who was from Germany having the same issue, and it might be intentional.

I'm from germany and I had the German version, I could extract people just fine.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Apparently there was a censored one. I've heard varying accounts, though. One person said that HVTs got extracted automatically, and another one said that HVTs couldn't take damage after they'd been captured.

freakish light on
  • Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I accidently beat the game without doing any AN missions, oops! I kinda thought I would be able to go back to them once the story was done, I can't. Oh well the game was still good despite the many bugs (mission objectives walking off a building and dieing 3x in a row, then 4th time getting shot while i was still on the other side of town especially annoying). I will give it another quick go when then patch is released mainly because I love the UP copter with the twin rapid fire mini guns, that thing makes mince meat out of people and jeeps/suv's and is awesome for strafing runs.

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The bug fixes and cheats are going to be fantastic. Probably the only reason I haven't traded it in to Goozex already.

freakish light on
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am eager for the patch but at the same time I want them to fix the damned game, and so if that means the patch is delayed until January or something I'm cool with that, but they better fix it properly the first time.

Error on
  • Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Any noticable fixes?

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Options
    WembleyWembley Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Any noticable fixes?

Patch isn't coming out until some time in november... lemme dig up the source.

edit: source -> http://www.pandemicstudios.com/community/viewtopic.php?id=15093

Wembley on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Boo hiss

SteevL on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cashing in on election fever, EA today announced that, as part of an upcoming update for Mercenaries 2, both Sarah Palin and Barack Obama will be made available as playable characters. Palin in her trademark red jacket and hair, Obama in his trademark...suit. Sounds a little nutty, but seeing Obama punch a swarthy Venezuelan in the face is a lot funnier than you can probably imagine.

This actually looks pretty awesome.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What the fuck...

Someone needs to change the thread title to reflect this absurdity.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, uh, wow. That's sure beats out Obama ads in Burnout.

Poor McCain. Running second-string under the heels of his running-mate.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dammit, why did I trade this in for Gears 2?

The idea of playing as Sarah Palin while hunting Chinese from a helicopter sounds awesome

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    What the fuck...

Someone needs to change the thread title to reflect this ridiculously awesome piece of news.

[IjghjghMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/oli53.gif[/IMG]

Now that's change I can believe in.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    might want to link that gigantic inline animated gif.

freakish light on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't wait to drop down from a helicopter as Obama with GIANT EXPLOSIONS IN THE BACKGROUND!

Change you can believe in, Bitch!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Holy shit.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Most awesome thing ever released as DLC?

I think so

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hope Obama wins the election now, so I can say that I ordered The American President to carpet bomb the capital of Venezuela :P

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WHAAAAT?!
    OW... OW OW.... That GIF just broke my brain....

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dear god PLEASE tell me that that's not a practical joke

That is wonderful

Ledneh on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you play as Obama, does that mean you have to flee Venezuela as fast as your little legs can carry you?

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hahaha holy shit

Ganluan on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, shit, I guess I need to buy this now.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I will be very surprised and amused if this actually gets released and stays available.

Can't wait for Hugo Chavez to lose his head over this.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I wish I hadn't returned it to GameFly now...

Ganluan on