As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Making my Ipod work in my car

EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
Alright, so I've never owned an Ipod before and I borrowed a family members.

I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and I need a way to hear music. Apparently you can't transmit shortband or whatever the fuck the 1st gen did anymore, which I learned just today!

So what do I do?

I went to look for a transmitter and they're 80 dollars. They can go FUCK themselves, no thumbsized FM transmitter is worth that.

So how do I do it?

Assume my car wasn't built in the last 3 years, and has no USB.

Endomatic on

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Seriously the best solution. You can find these for around 3 bucks.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've seen FM transmitters in TJ Max.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I actually was looking for a solution and here's what I found. I found a nice car radio that has an aux input that's basically a headphone jack. Then I bought a $1 end-to-end minijack cable that I hook up and listen with. I didn't have a casette deck to start with, so that option was immediately out and FM transmitters are shit anyway.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

Bingo. Since you're leaving tomorrow, go to a store and start hunting for these. Should be comparably priced.

Yes, there are better alternatives, but for a "leaving tomorrow" situation, I can't really start suggesting he install a new HU, now can I?

Tape deck solution would work too, just get a car adaptor for iPower on the go. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I had a Griffin FM transmitter for my 4th gen ipod, but found depending on where I was around town, I would occasionally get interference. Bought a cassette adapter for five bucks with my new ipod and it works fine. If you can play cassettes in your car I'd go with that.

exis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    go for a better quality one, i once bought a $15 fm transmitter, thing ran on one AAA battery.

fuck circuit city...

Local H Jay on