As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plug your project thread

2»

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    I've done my share of pro bono work over the years. :)

I've been thinking about maybe doing PDFs of new monsters or supervillains.

DMAC on
  • Options
    scatteredsunscatteredsun Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    ooo OOO ooo

Pimpin our game time!!

I'll just copy/paste our rpgnet description
    http://www.j2988.com

Free download!

Some believe the Wastelands are nothing more than barren lands, sun scorched and uninhabitable. Their eyes see a scarred territory of sand and rock, existing because of the devastation wrought by a long forgotten war. These people say the desert lies fallow and useless, but such assertions are nervous rantings born of fear or of hope. They seldom look deeper and, if they did, they would see far more than they would expect. While it may be a wasteland, it is far from a waste.

Welcome to the Wastelands.

Many would be happy to believe the Wastelands house only the uncivilized: the criminals of higher-tech territories like Metro, the frontiersmen who forge onward for the sheer challenge of it, the genetic throwbacks of a post-holocaustic society. To imagine cultures living and thriving among the burning sands requires an element of imagination that even those who live in the outer Wastes lack, at least until they see their first caravan of desert dwellers emerging from the shimmering heat.

A land of intrigue, cruelty and death, the Wastelands have but one rule: Survival of the fittest.

We've created our own toolbox rules system based off of a d20 system. The setting is scifi/cyberpunk/future-ish

We even have a full book in stores in the Seattle area. (There is a free pdf download on the website) The book we have out now is a fully playable supplement to the entire world. We chose the "Wild West" area. The feel is William Gibson meets Sergio Leone. The rest of world (we're working on the corebook now) is more cyberpunk than anything else.

We're pretty proud of it and have had a LOT of good feedback and playtesting.

scatteredsun on
    ---Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic---
    Way out Waste
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ooo OOO ooo

Pimpin our game time!!

I'll just copy/paste our rpgnet description

Free download!

Some believe the Wastelands are nothing more than barren lands, sun scorched and uninhabitable. Their eyes see a scarred territory of sand and rock, existing because of the devastation wrought by a long forgotten war. These people say the desert lies fallow and useless, but such assertions are nervous rantings born of fear or of hope. They seldom look deeper and, if they did, they would see far more than they would expect. While it may be a wasteland, it is far from a waste.

Welcome to the Wastelands.

Many would be happy to believe the Wastelands house only the uncivilized: the criminals of higher-tech territories like Metro, the frontiersmen who forge onward for the sheer challenge of it, the genetic throwbacks of a post-holocaustic society. To imagine cultures living and thriving among the burning sands requires an element of imagination that even those who live in the outer Wastes lack, at least until they see their first caravan of desert dwellers emerging from the shimmering heat.

A land of intrigue, cruelty and death, the Wastelands have but one rule: Survival of the fittest.

We've created our own toolbox rules system based off of a d20 system. The setting is scifi/cyberpunk/future-ish

We even have a full book in stores in the Seattle area. (There is a free pdf download on the website) The book we have out now is a fully playable supplement to the entire world. We chose the "Wild West" area. The feel is William Gibson meets Sergio Leone. The rest of world (we're working on the corebook now) is more cyberpunk than anything else.

We're pretty proud of it and have had a LOT of good feedback and playtesting.

this sounds awesome. I'll check it out when I get home from work tonight.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    L*2*G*XL*2*G*X Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A friend of mine made an awesome RISK board in wood, and is working on a Trivial Pursuit board for me, whihc is also looking awesome.
    Needless to say I am jealous and need to re-establish my ego.

My project is to build a soviet RISK board. I'll keep everything in a custom made wooden box. The Map is based on a Russian world map, which I'm gimping right now to look more 'soviet' and to have the RISK areas.
    The box will have shaped coutouts for a bottle of vodka, which will hold the pieces, a Russian service revolver (not in the box) and seperate boxes for the cards and dice (got huge wooden dice in Poland)

The bottle of vodka needs to be purchased and emptied, problem there is I don't drink vodka (long story, liver broke) and I'd like it to be some authentic-looking Red Army bottle.

Cutting the wood should be doable now that I have a cellar. Paint for the pieces is also no issue. Cutting the pieces will be a bitch, obviously, even though I'll just use square prisms.

The cards and map will likely be the most fun, want to glue them on thin multiplex, weather the 'plex and paper, then varnish with clear varnish.

I should finish the map somewhere next week, will post back.

edit:

sneak peak

karta_wip.jpg

L*2*G*X on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Some little pencil drawings I did for Kobold Quarterly: a knight, an airship pilot, and a rogue.

KQ_spot_art.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am working on a steampunk strategy/card game. It's sort of slow going because I keep rolling the rules over and over into something more complicated than necessary.

I would like to see an RPG that can be picked up and played easily with a modular number of people. I haven't looked into those RPG-esque board games yet, though.

Dr. Magister, your game is pretty sweet. I really like it.

Toothy on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Those kobolds are awesome. I'm glad you agreed unconditionally to doing some free art for me... I'll be in touch.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Those are fantastic kobolds.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Stuff my friends wrote!
    Instant Game is the completely random gaming system through which the players and gamemaster determine the genre, setting, location and plot of the game at the beginning of each session. Years in development, the full version of Instant Game comes with all the rules for creating and playing a campaign, and has the full charts for creating every aspect of your game session, including optional tables for villains, major NPCs, personality traits and more.

Here's the deal- a lot of roleplaying games claim to be "pick up and play" games. They're full of it, because Instant Game is the genuine article. At the start of an Instant Game session, neither the GM nor the players know what game they will be playing. The game master and players sit down with the Instant Game tables (and trust us, there's a ton of tables) and roll up what the game genre, play style, tech level and other variables of the game will be. While the players make their characters, the GM uses the other tables to determine other game factors like the game objective, starting location, villains, major NPCs and the like. We are fully aware how intimidating this sounds-- the prospect of sitting down with your group to play a game without even knowing if it's going to be a high magic fantasy warlord game or a modern era espionage thriller with zombies-- but just download the game and roll up some sample games and you'll see what we're so excited about.

Instant Game is unlike any other RPG that you've ever played. But don't take our word for it, spend a couple hours playing it... then you'll understand. We've played a ton of IG games and kept records of our online transcripts of the games. Check them out and see the random insanity if you still have any doubts.

Download for free here.
    Tired of your players walking into a bar and seeing the same salty-talking, gruff tavernkeeper that they saw in the last town, and the town before it, and the town before that? You know the routine: players walk in, approach the barkeep and then roll a Gather Information check to see what they can learn. Boring.

Animalball Games has the answer for you: 50 Bar Encounters. How about the next time they enter a bar they find themselves in the middle of a brazen, halfling robbery with Beads of Force being thrown around like candy? Or maybe they will be approached by an earnest, desperate individual who is eager to sell them a medusa head. Or quite possibly they will be harassed by two large Yak Folk that will not stop spitting spitballs at the players when their backs are turned.

Developed under the OGL, 50 Bar Encounters is exactly what the name says- 50 encounters to use in your D&D or fantasy campaign. Each encounter is a brief, short encounter to throw into your existing campaign, some short and entertaining, others deadly serious which can be expanded into entire sidequests if desired.

Download for free here.

More stuff is available at www.animalball.com, but those are the big things.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Dr MagisterDr Magister Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Toothy wrote: »
    Dr. Magister, your game is pretty sweet. I really like it.

Hussah! Thanks very much! This is just the type of discerning, tasteful and intelligent criticism that I need. Glad you like it. As I've said, there are also (relatively unpolished) cyberpunk(ish) and post apocalyptic sections that aren't in the wiki. They lurk purely in .Doc format, but if anyone's interested in watching the Anno Geometrica world get flushed straight down the toilet, let me know and I'll send you them.

Cheers!

Dr. Magister

Dr Magister on
    www.ag.papermages.co.uk

When in Deadly Danger,
    When Beset by Doubt,
    Run in Little Circles,
    Wave your Arms and Shout!

Tea! An excellent source of anti-oxidants and Moral Fibre!
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am currently alpha testing a zombie survival game with my friends. I played a game about leading a gang of teenagers surviving on a tropical island with some PA guys that a forumer here made, and I used those rules as a base to build my own system. You start out as a group of survivors that have to explore the ruins of a city to gather food, metal, guns and ammo to supply and reinforce their camp. The goal is to survive the increasingly violent zombie attacks until help arrives, 28 turns later.

If I manage to complete a comprehensive game manual, maybe I will post a Game on here. Not sure there would be any interest though.

On that subject, how does copyright work when it comes to board and roleplaying games and other "IP"? I realise it is silly to even expect that someone would want to steal my game, but it'd be cool to know.

Vic on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    You cannot copyright game mechanics in the US.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Vic wrote: »
    I am currently alpha testing a zombie survival game with my friends. I played a game about leading a gang of teenagers surviving on a tropical island with some PA guys that a forumer here made, and I used those rules as a base to build my own system. You start out as a group of survivors that have to explore the ruins of a city to gather food, metal, guns and ammo to supply and reinforce their camp. The goal is to survive the increasingly violent zombie attacks until help arrives, 28 turns later.

If I manage to complete a comprehensive game manual, maybe I will post a Game on here. Not sure there would be any interest though..
    I'd be interested in seeing this, being that it was me who made the Teen Island game that you played :) I think the basic system for the game has a lot of potential for modification to different genres. I've written a space-opera modification and briefly worked on a fantasy town version. Zombie Survival is something I had in mind for my next attempt!

But any use of my game is flattering and encouraged! In return just be sure to spread the word about Teen Island as well as your own game!

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ah, now I remember!

I have realised that hosting a game over the internet would take quite a bit of effort, as there are quite a few things to keep track of and a graphical map is needed. It would probably be possible over maptools though, especially with a bit of help.

I might have the time to write a completed manual tomorrow. If I do, I'll try to send it over to you Super.

Vic on