As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Long time, no see. Tales of Re-acquaintance

2»

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lostwords wrote:
    women :roll: m i rite?
    When women are involved you are always wrong.
    Men will we ever learn? :roll:

TankHammer on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Wait, I've got it!
    I need to drive over to Massachusetts and bang his girlfriend! That way I can prove that she's bad for him!
    It's foolproof!
    !
    Where in Mass does she live? I can bang her for you, or we can both do it. I think it will really punctuate the point we're making.

TankHammer on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Wait, I've got it!
    I need to drive over to Massachusetts and bang his girlfriend! That way I can prove that she's bad for him!
    It's foolproof!
    !
    Where in Mass does she live? I can bang her for you, or we can both do it. I think it will really punctuate the point we're making.

Yeah, why don't you go ahead and hit that while I'm in transit. It's gonna take a day or so to get out there, probably. See, this is what defines a real friend: the willingness to bang one of your other friend's girls.

He's in Worcester/Woosta

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Wait, I've got it!
    It's foolproof!
    !

Yeah, why don't you go ahead and hit that while I'm in transit. It's gonna take a day or so to get out there, probably. See, this is what defines a real friend: the willingness to bang one of your other friend's girls.

He's in Worcester/Woosta

hehehe

Woosta

Sheri on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sheri wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Wait, I've got it!
    It's foolproof!
    !

He's in Worcester/Woosta

hehehe

Woosta
    $1.25, pal!

naporeon on
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    my best friend during one year of high school changed schools and we didnt stay in touch

so then some other guy became my best high school friend for the next 2 years until high school ended and now sometimes i talk to him a little on msn

in uni ive been real good friends with this one girl, to the point where i think a lot of people in our course assumed we were going out cos we hung out a lot

but uh..ive been feeling shitty with her after she let me down on something really important and stopped talking to her for most of last semester, but briefly started up again before it ended and she went overseas

this year i should be in a slightly different course and repeating a few subjects and generally not be in any of the same lectures or subjects where i might see her on a regular basis. so this might be one of those friendships that just drifts apart and at this point i am not sure i care to do anythin about it

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    a girl started working at my workplace a couple months ago
    and she'd stare at me every time we passed eachother

anyway

turns out
    she was my camp leader for girl guides
    when i was maybe 9 or 10

she says i look exactly the same
    creepy

--

oh oh
    what about
    how trillian and i
    originally met in a future shop, playing guitar hero
    and then we met on the internet
    re-met irl
    then she got home
    and was all like
    OMG WE MET IN FUTURE SHOP THREE WEEKS BEFORE WE MET IN THE INTERNETS!

that was cool.

mully on
  • J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    One of my bros from High School and I had a falling out when I was 21. He'd become a raging republican dickhead like his dad, and was getting pretty assholic about it.

So.

Imagine my surprise last year when I found out his dad just went to Federal Prison for defrauding 1400 people out of an estimated 191 million dollars. Biggest fraud case in the county, evar.

And I'm like "Wow, I know that guy's kid. Dickheads in the fam."

J. Grant on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    last april i saw my best friend for the first time in like five years

our first exchange:
    him: "damn you got huge"
    me: "when did you get so short?"
    him: "fuck you"

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I moved away from Massachusetts to Colorado for three years. Just returned recently after my marriage turned to shit. I had basically no contact with any of my friends out here for various reasons. I was afraid the reception I was going to get when I got back would be lukewarm. At best.

I can home to visit and apparently I turned into Jesus, as everyone freaked the fuck out when they saw me. One friend climbed out of his car window cause he forgot to use the door in his excitement. And a female friend basically dry humped me standing up in a bar when she saw me. Full leapage onto my torso, legs wrapped around me, etc.

Also, on a somewhat related note, almost every female friend I had before I left gave me the "I wanted to ask you out, but you were leaving." speech. Including the one girl who I was infatuated with for years. She's engaged now, and she's turned into a sister to me. Albeit a sister I would gladly fuck if she was single.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    critical where did you reside in colorado

mrpaku on
  • CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku wrote:
    critical where did you reside in colorado

Three different places. Colorado Springs, La Junta (which is Spanish for "The Empty") and Canon City (Spanish for Prison Farm)

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • JM WyattJM Wyatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alright I got one

I was like 6 or 7 years old and went to this shittty summer camp, the only thing I learned their was fishing hooks=sharp. Anyway their was this kid their but since he was annoying and I was with my cousins I ignored him. However he realy wanted tobe firends so I gave him my phone number to shut him up. Then like 5 years later he called me and said he was building a robot, at that point I hung up. Then last year I went to a new skool and found hm their. Since I hadn't seen him forever I was hoping he would not reconize me. He did and I soon realized he is still a fucking retard. So now whenever he talks to me I tell him to fuck off and then usually make fun of him.

He derserves it, turst me.

JM Wyatt on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    colorod

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited January 2007
    wyatt i'm not a spelling or grammer nazi usually but your post is like one of those old english assignments where you had to find the subtle errors hidden throughout a letter or story or something

mrpaku on
  • JM WyattJM Wyatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    haha I remeber those assignments, I always got like zero on them

me=spelling noob

JM Wyatt on
    edited January 2007
    mrpaku i turst that you will be able to find all of them

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited January 2007
    yeah

try to work on that

t fallout: i count at least thirteen spelling errors :D

mrpaku on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I reacquainted with a guy I knew because I noticed an ad for a webcomic that had matched his art style.

This was from back in elementary school, and he's drawing skills were awesome, so that memory stuck with me.

I click the link, check through it, notice there's a link to his LiveJournal.

I contact him on that with a random "Hey, did you live in South Florida, like 9 years ago?"

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Did you go to X Elementary?"

"Uh...yeah, who the hell are you... [checks my livejournal profile] HOLY SHIT DUDE I remember you and your brother, how the hell are you?!"

It was pretty neat.

Abracadaniel on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The internet was not "young" when the Pokemon phenomenon started.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on