As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nobody steps on a [chat] in my town!

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I've never been infracted.

Because I was taking a break when they instituted that system.

I'm as clean as a whistle.

I've gotten three infractions total. Two were the result of me being a douchebag. One was the result of a H/A mod accusing me of giving illegal advice when I wasn't, but didn't care that I wasn't, he just thought I was.

Nova_C on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I've never seen the Terminator movies

I saw Doctor Atomic on Saturday at the met. It was mindblowing.
    John Adams, right?

Neat.

Yep. The ending was one of the most powerful pieces I've ever heard.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    god i was hella dumb back then

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

Man if you think you were dumb two years ago you either were not dumb then at all, or you're still dumb now.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »
    until they kicked me off the jury.

Actually they can't do that. It's your duty as a citizen to serve on a jury but it's your right as a juror to conduct jury nullification.

It's counter-productive to the whole democratic legislative process thing, but taking any action to prevent it would be counter-productive to the whole fair trial thing, which is of a more immediate relevance in this case.

They can find a way. They're lawyers, their field of professional expertise is finding legal ways to do illegal things.

Good point.

Like I said, they already found a way, and the lawyers in question are judges. Not to mention that the prevailing view in the United States has become that jury nullification is a power of a jury, not a right.

Alecthar on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God, I wish I knew an easy way to get to New York every now and then.

Elendil on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

Man if you think you were dumb two years ago you either were not dumb then at all, or you're still dumb now.

Umm, people can learn and change a lot in two years. Like my conversion from libertarianism when I was in high school was literally over night. I was pretty fucking dumb then.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    The director's cut of Terminator 2 is awesomer.

This is true. I remember reading somewhere that if James Cameron had gotten to shoot the entire screenplay like he wanted the movie would have been something like 4 hours long.

Unfortunately the world couldn't handle that much awesome.

You know, this is funny. I love the uncut version of Aliens, but while some of the cut scenes in T2 were awesome (like the one in the garage when they unlock the learning controls on his cpu), there were some really awkward scenes that I'm glad were cut.

Generally I like the extended editions of movies more, particularly if it's like LotR where the cut scenes help hold the story closer to the book and are awesome anyway, but T2 is one of the few where I prefer the theatrical version.

Yeah, but the screenplay had a lot of badassness in it, apparently. Lots of scenes of the future, Kyle and John grown up, Skynet and the time machine, winning the war and so on.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FWIW you can't even get a large cheese pizza that doesn't taste like ass for less than $14 up here.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    9 dollars per person is pretty good if you're eating out

Oh I got screamed at during my jerb for the first time ever. This guy with alzheimers shouted at me because the quiche was too small. He "demanded to see the guy that dared call that a quiche"

Then he yelled at me again later for trying to explain the bill. And every time I brought something out for him he congratulated me like I was a retarded child doing something right. Annnnnd left under 10% tip.

I'm surprised I haven't encountered more terrible people while working. Most are, at worst, snooty or poor tippers.

Best waiter trick I know is when someone leaves a really bad tip, go give it back to them and say "sir, you forgot your change." They'll invariably say "oh, no, that's the tip" or "keep it"

Then you reply with: "I'm ok," or if you really dislike the person: " I think you need it more than I do"

The look on their face is priceless.

ahaha. I would probably get fired if I tacked on the second part but that would be so worth it.

although truth be told I've only gotten bad tips, not like truly miserable ones like 0-5% or 3 dollars on a 90 dollar check

Casual Eddy on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

Umm, people can learn and change a lot in two years.

Like I said yesterday, I went from libertarian to dirty commie in like a year.

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And man, every time I tried Mexican food on the East Coast, it fucking sucked goat balls.

Yeah, you don't really want to brag about Mexican food over on this side of the country. It's all in the Puerto Rican and Cuban food. And also the Brazillian meat buffets that are smattered across Roswell, GA for some damned reason.

I live in a neighborhood with lots of people from Guadalajara, where I spent time building schools, so I can safely say that the food here is pretty authentic.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2008
    Huh. I think I've grown to find the sound of sirens soothing, in a white noise kind of way.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    D&D [chat] is a truly remarkable place were an innocent comment will be turned into the most homoerotic statement ever seen anywhere on the Intertron, often by the simple addition of a :winky: and a quotetree of spoilered sex jokes.

It is a magical place.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nakedzergling is such a god damned idiot.

It is seriously his full-time occupation, and the dude deserves a giant raise.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, but the screenplay had a lot of badassness in it, apparently. Lots of scenes of the future, Kyle and John grown up, Skynet and the time machine, winning the war and so on.

That's fine, but the one scene that sticks out in my mind is where John says something like "Seriously, you need to understand that." And the Terminator makes a sort of :/ face. The whole thing was so badly acted that I cringe to think of it and it belongs on the cutting room floor.

Nova_C on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    D&D [chat] is a truly remarkable place were an innocent comment will be turned into the most homoerotic statement ever seen anywhere on the Intertron, often by the simple addition of a :winky: and a quotetree of spoilered sex jokes.

It is a magical place.

:winky:

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited November 2008
    Oh Jesus.

A lady I work with every now and then passed away.

:(

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

Umm, people can learn and change a lot in two years. Like my conversion from libertarianism when I was in high school was literally over night. I was pretty fucking dumb then.

Well a teenager, sure. But isn't Mike in his 20's?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And man, every time I tried Mexican food on the East Coast, it fucking sucked goat balls.

Yeah, you don't really want to brag about Mexican food over on this side of the country. It's all in the Puerto Rican and Cuban food. And also the Brazillian meat buffets that are smattered across Roswell, GA for some damned reason.

Cuban food is so good, though.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2008
    Ugh I'm reading old emails from her I need to stop this. I want to delete them but it feels wrong to. I think I will stick them in a folder and never look in there.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, let's say I'm traveling at light speed away from a single source of light (In the same direction as the light). If I throw something out infront of me, let's say a tennis ball, does the tennis ball disappear?

If you were somehow traveling at light speed, you would not be traveling through time.

But interestingly enough, a similar line of questioning led Einstein, in part, to grasping special relativity in 1905.

MikeMan on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I could meet me three years ago, I would kick him so hard in the balls.

So hard.

Tav on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »

Why do you hate america, you communist?

deadonthestreet on
    edited November 2008
    Holy crap, I just realized why a lot of my mastering sucks ass.

I use nowhere NEAR enough compression on the master channel.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

So? My great-uncle voted Republican for years, and was going to vote for McCain this election, till he was around while I watched Obama's speech at the '04 convention for kicks. Now he's going to the polls for Barack.

Alecthar on
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    If I could meet me three years ago, I would kick him so hard in the balls.

So hard.

....unwanted pregnancy?

Nova_C on
    edited November 2008
    Also, let's say I'm traveling at light speed away from a single source of light (In the same direction as the light). If I throw something out infront of me, let's say a tennis ball, does the tennis ball disappear?

If you were somehow traveling at light speed, you would not be traveling through time.

But interestingly enough, a similar line of questioning led Einstein, in part, to grasping special relativity in 1905.

Okay, well if I'm travelling just under the speed of light, then throw the tennisball (so it's going faster than the speed of light) what happens?

Or I guess that's impossible as far as we know.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    God I could go for some nice tex mex.

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2008

Okay, well if I'm travelling just under the speed of light, then throw the tennisball (so it's going faster than the speed of light) what happens?

Or I guess that's impossible as far as we know.

It ceases to exist, causing a chain reaction that annihilates the universe.

Alecthar on
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

So? My great-uncle voted Republican for years, and was going to vote for McCain this election, till he was around while I watched Obama's speech at the '04 convention for kicks. Now he's going to the polls for Barack.

That's a change in perspective, not intelligence.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »

Why do you hate america, you communist?

Because I've never seen the special appeal of apple pie. Or really any pie besides key lime cheese cake and lemon meringue.

Passerbye on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

By "hella dumb" I really meant "I hadn't quite fallen into a consistent posting style and thus posted in a manner that gives the impression that I was of limited intelligence."

MikeMan on
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Ugh

Tex-mex is disgusting. Besides chili, there is no good tex-mex. Seriously, I hate Tex-mex.

Mexican food is ENTIRELY different.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

It is a magical place.

:winky:

I bloody knew it.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    man I love living in the bronx

I just took the gf out for some delicious burritos and guac and it cost $18.

Amazing.
    Damn you Podly and your cheap ethnic food.

Honestly NYC is probably the cheapest city in America to eat if you know where to go.
    You are smoking crack, Zimmydoom.

$18 for burritos and guacomole is fucking ridiculous. You pay $6 for a burrito and it's so big that it doesn't fit on a goddamn plate. $9 is an outrageous price to have to pay for Mexican food.

Mexican food is expensive in the northeast. Do you live here? Do you have counterexamples to dispute my claim?
    So, we're now calling the Northeast "America?"

Thanatos on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

Honestly NYC is probably the cheapest city in America to eat if you know where to go.

$18 for burritos and guacomole is fucking ridiculous. You pay $6 for a burrito and it's so big that it doesn't fit on a goddamn plate. $9 is an outrageous price to have to pay for Mexican food.

Mexican food is expensive in the northeast. Do you live here? Do you have counterexamples to dispute my claim?

Fuck yes.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2008

By "hella dumb" I really meant "I hadn't quite fallen into a consistent posting style and thus posted in a manner that gives the impression that I was of limited intelligence."

Okay, that makes much more sense.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Ugh

Tex-mex is disgusting. Besides chili, there is no good tex-mex. Seriously, I hate Tex-mex.

Mexican food is ENTIRELY different.

I will explode you.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited November 2008

Amazing.

For all my intensive purposes, it might as well be. Everything else that doesn't touch the pacific ocean is jesustan in my mind.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

And available. *hint*
    not that far back then

back in early 07

You know that saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"

Yeah, it's complete and utter bullshit.

Wonder_Hippie on
This discussion has been closed.