As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hellgate: London † Time to learn Korean?

1121314151618»

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear $Account{AccountName},

Please be advised that NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. will continue to support customers
    of Hellgate: London with online server support and play through January 31, 2009. In a
    further gesture of support, we will provide this server support free of charge to all
    fans and players of the game up until the shut down date.

All of us at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. appreciate your enthusiasm for Hellgate:
    London and look forward to providing you with future entertainment products.

For questions regarding the shut down or additional information about Hellgate: London,
    please visit the game’s official website at www.hellgatelondon.com.

Thanks you,
    Namco Bandai Games America Inc.

I am not editing that at all, it was really that screwed up of a form letter.

They are killing the server in a month. God DAMN I wish I hadn't paid my $150 for a lifetime sub.

KiTA on
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I remember going to the store, and trying to decide between Hellgate London and Call of Duty 4.

The guy at the counter told me Hellgate was bad, and that CoD 4 was awesome.

I should have listened :(

Sceptre on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hahaha, what a sucker. Hellgate, wasn't bad. Just merely "pretty good". But you passed up CoD 4? Wow, son. Just WOW.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Dear $Account{AccountName},

Please be advised that NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. will continue to support customers
    of Hellgate: London with online server support and play through January 31, 2009. In a
    further gesture of support, we will provide this server support free of charge to all
    fans and players of the game up until the shut down date.

All of us at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. appreciate your enthusiasm for Hellgate:
    London and look forward to providing you with future entertainment products.

For questions regarding the shut down or additional information about Hellgate: London,
    please visit the game’s official website at www.hellgatelondon.com.

Thanks you,
    Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
    I am not editing that at all, it was really that screwed up of a form letter.

They are killing the server in a month. God DAMN I wish I hadn't paid my $150 for a lifetime sub.
    I got this too. Although I never payed for a lifetime subscription :D

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    They are killing the server in a month.
    January 31, 2009

3 months.

All of November.

All of December.

All of January.

(to be utterly anal retentive, yes, just a bit less than 3 months)

It's not perfect, but it's better than I expected.

Truly nice would be a patch, workaround or hack (whatever) that'd let people play the subscription content on their single player machines, and/or something that would let us 'port' an online character into the offline game (though I guess a 'trainer' of sorts like Diablo used to have would work as well).

I mean, I had fun, but not "let's dedicate a couple weeks to playing to get back to where my character was before the great serverpocalypse of '09" amounts of fun.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited November 2008
    I feel bad for the former Blizzard guys who founded Flagship. :( Is Flagship going to go under? Or has it already gone under and I didn't notice?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I feel bad for the former Blizzard guys who founded Flagship. :( Is Flagship going to go under? Or has it already gone under and I didn't notice?

Gone under? There's already moss growing on the scuttled wreck at the bottom of the ocean.

In other words, they've been completely dead for months now.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited November 2008
    Well... shit, that's a shame :(

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif