As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod skipping, can I fix this?

Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So, there are a few songs on my iPod that skip terribly; a couple of these don't play at all.

It's not a problem with the MP3s themselves, because they play just fine on my computer. I've tried deleting the songs from the iPod and resynching it, and the same problem happens. Is there a fix for this, or does my ipod have a bad sector or something?

It's one of the new minis, if that makes a difference.

NREqxl5.jpg
it was the smallest on the list but
Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
Eat it You Nasty Pig. on

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, have you tried restoring it to factory settings?
    I know that fixes a shit ton of bugs that happen in most iPods.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    stawkstawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i had that problem with my nano once, i redownloaded the songs (i had them purchased) then resynced them and it seemed to fix the problem.

stawk on

stawk.jpg
  • Options
    EverywhereasignEverywhereasign Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does it always happen at the same time during the song, or is it random?

If you deleted the songs and re-synch'd the chances that the song would skip at the exact same time and not be an issue with the file is, well it's a very small chance.

Everywhereasign on
    "What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    New Minis? Thats an oxymoron, as minis are very very obselete. If you mean it's a new Nano, then try restoring it, and if that doesn't work, RMA it through the Apple Support website - it's busted.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png