As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimatum: House Of M Meets World's End?

• Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited November 2008
    man, I thought I was done being mad, but calling him Kong sets me off again for some reason

fuck loeb.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    loeb makes it rain bitches.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That Ultimate Edit was funny. I liked Nightcrawler say how lame Colossus mutant power to like other guys was.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, if Kong is dating Kitty, why was he sitting next to Gwen?

Man, that bugged me too.

And I gotta say, that edit was incredibly unfunny. Anyone remember the Civil War one? That's the only one I have ever found funny out of those things.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »

Man, that bugged me too.

And I gotta say, that edit was incredibly unfunny. Anyone remember the Civil War one? That's the only one I have ever found funny out of those things.

That was done by Mightygodking, where Gavok pretty much got the idea from to do Ultimates 3. He even asked MGK to make sure it was cool and he wasn't going to do it. Here's the Civil War one. He did some other stuff like that too.

Schide on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

I mentioned this already! That did bug me a little. Also the fact that Kitty calls him "Kong" since she never calls him that in USM. She calls him Kenny.

You know what though, I have never read an issue of USM in my life. I have no idea who Kong is, and I have no idea who Kenny is. I didn't know they were dating, so for someone with no knowledge of the situation, I thought that scene was fine.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

I mentioned this already! That did bug me a little. Also the fact that Kitty calls him "Kong" since she never calls him that in USM. She calls him Kenny.

You know what though, I have never read an issue of USM in my life. I have no idea who Kong is, and I have no idea who Kenny is. I didn't know they were dating, so for someone with no knowledge of the situation, I thought that scene was fine.

So if I have never read an issue of Fantastic Four before and have no prior knowledge of the characters, it's ok if they show up in an issue of X-Men and act completley out of character thats ok because I dont know who they are?

What happens when I pick up an issue of Fantastic Four and then those characters are acting nothing like they were when they showed up in X-Men? Just because you were unable to see the problem in that scene does not mean it didnt exist.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What I'm saying is, if the scene was written well, you should have been able to pick up on the fact that were dating. Now I'm assuming they dont really play a part in the story but if they do that just makes it even worse.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, there's no point in having a shared universe if you can't keep things consistent.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    especially in a universe as small as the Ultimate Universe

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    maybe they are just comfortable enough in their relationship now that they don't need to sit by each other all the time

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm not saying that they need to be attached at the hip, but it's a little weird that Kitty would be sitting next to MJ (who she dosen't like that much) and Gwen (who she dosen't even know very well) instead of next to her boyfriend.

Also the calling him kong thing

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i think it's weird that everyone is kristen bell

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think you guys are way over analyzing the seating arrangement. Maybe Kong's just such a big guy that he would've blocked out Gwen in the shot? Or maybe he just got in the car first.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    someone should post that scan of the scene where Kong wonders if Peter and Kitty had sex while they were dating

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did they?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    no.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nogs wrote: »
    maybe they are just comfortable enough in their relationship now that they don't need to sit by each other all the time

Or maybe Jeph Leob doesn't care about previous stories, or even read them for that matter.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Or maybe Jeph Leob doesn't care about previous stories, or even read them for that matter.

Rapist suddenly evil pyro approves of this post.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

dude i don't like jeph loeb either but come on.

i can almost guarantee you that was the artists decision to place them like that, not a jeph loeb mandate.

I'll give you the kitty calling him Kong thing. but seriously seating arrangement, not a big deal.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Okay then, explain how Ultimate Pyro went from being a member of the x-men who isn't immune to his own fire, to being an evil rapist working for Magneto who's suddenly immune to his own flames. Because that sounds a lot like not reading or caring to me.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I punched a comic book and changed reality.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

Okay then, explain how Ultimate Pyro went from being a member of the x-men who isn't immune to his own fire, to being an evil rapist working for Magneto who's suddenly immune to his own flames. Because that sounds a lot like not reading or caring to me.

I don't think he was arguing about that, as much as he was saying the seating arrangements were no big deal.
    Oh wait that is what he was saying
    Nice job snagging something out of context though

Me Too! on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jesus christ who gives a shit about Pyro anyway

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I like Pyro.

Not that Pyro, of course.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ultimate Pyro (at least the way Kirkman portrayed him) reminded me of Trashcan Man from The Stand.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Jesus christ who gives a shit about Pyro anyway

Gotta draw a line somewhere.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did I miss an episode of Venture Brothers? I don't remember Magneto stealing the cocoon.

Algertman on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    Did I miss an episode of Venture Brothers? I don't remember Magneto stealing the cocoon.

Actually, that comes from the original Magneto arc in Ultimate X-Men, where he has the brotherhood stealing artwork (and other examples of Humanity doing good) in order to preserve them from the upcoming apocalypse. Multiple Man specifically mentions how Magneto had the Magritte painting saved because he was fond of it, and we're intentionally supposed to see the parallel.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Ultimate Pyro (at least the way Kirkman portrayed him) reminded me of Trashcan Man from The Stand.

He got raped by a handgun?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »

Good interview. I'm happy to hear about more Brubaker and Fraction work in Marvel.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Bendis wrote:
    For most of the people who get invited to this, if your idea gets shot down, it's just because it didn't survive the logic of the room. There were a couple ideas and projects that people came in with that maybe sounded good at first, but got shot down by logic. It's usually Jeph Loeb who asks the logic/story questions, and pokes a hole in it so big that the story can't recover. But it's a good question, an essential hole. Because if there's a hole in the story that can't survive the logic of the room, it surely can't survive the logic of the Internet.

what

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I read that, then wished that Loeb had used his much vaunted "idea-shitting-on" power while Executive Producing Heroes. Seriously, wtf is going on with that show.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what this means is that Loeb KNOWS the past cannon, he just craps all over it. Right?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, the internet complains about Loeb more than anyone else.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    maybe its because he's unable to turn that objective eye onto his own stories

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Who Loebs the Loeb-Man?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Loebo?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There was that comment about Loeb being the Internet Incarnate. Maybe that's why the Internet hates him - they're so alike, they just can't get along. o_O

stratslinger on