As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wow] Zombie [Chat] hungers for braaaaaains...

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Orc DKs in '08!!

Has anyone gotten the Blizzard WoW installer to work downloading wotlk? Mine says it can't find the interenet.

I thought they said WotLK would not be available for download right away?

Curse and Blizzard have it mirrored but its basically worthless since it doesnt work.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what are you kiddies planning to do when you've rushed back from the midnight release and everything is all installed? Assuming I can log on at all, I plan to run to Dalaran, set my hearth there, then go to sleep. Wake up 4, maybe 5 hours later, then level until work at 4pm EST. :)

Are you level 74?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Alts and multiple servers are the answer to gankfest evasion.

This is true, but then, you'd have to spend some time not playing the DK, and that's a horrible thought.

I've got three servers available to me to DK it up!

Even though one is Dark Iron.

And another is an RP server full of griefers and cybererererers.

Which leaves the least annoying RP server to play on.

... D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man -- they ran into some database problems. There's no ETA. Woo. I'm gunna stop trying to log in till LK I think.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How about not playing on an RP server?

Magus` on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, Blizz. You're rolling in like 1.5 billion dollars gross every year from sub fees alone. This is the best you can do?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    This is the invasion. Shortly, they'll release photographs of a guy in Arthas armor swinging Frostmourne around in the server room and knocking realms offline.

I don't know what came over me, I had to make it:
    AttackofTheLichKing.jpg
    We have reason to believe it may look something like this.

edit for i m genuis

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, I don't know if anyone remembers my suggestion a few pages back on how to secure a CE for wotlk (by pre-ordering at a newly opened brick and mortar because people don't know that store exists yet, so they have high supply and low demand), but I called the place I pre-ordered at to find out what time they open tomorrow and to make sure my pre-order was secure, and they said they got a total of 2 pre-orders haha.

So I'm set! Can't wait to make my Orc DK tomorrow night. Of course, I fully expect the servers to be balls and just not work at all.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Contrary to any other time I've been playing the game, the best outcome for me would actually be severe server downtime for several days.

Argh I'm too busy.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    SyphonBrueSyphonBrue Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dac wrote: »
    Bahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, Blizz. You're rolling in like 1.5 billion dollars gross every year from sub fees alone. This is the best you can do?

If they've run into a problem or series of problems they can't figure out, no amount of money is going to fix it.

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I play on a normal RP server, Earthen Ring. I actually quite like this server. Its a very peaceful respite from playing on Arthas, a pvp server for 2 years.

Oh, and this sucks that the servers are down again. I needed to get some last minute transactions in place before creating my DK.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Moon Guard is the only RP server where there's more dedication to RP than there are griefers.

Unfortunately, there's still a good chance of running into undead characters who are ZOMG UNDER THE LICH KINGS CONTROL or draenei players that are like "lolz im teh erdarr!"

Henroid on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    I am seriously pondering going on a DK gank fest. Just to be a dick.

Camp the Blasted Lands side of the portal to the Outland. You can't get to them in their newbie area, but they do portal out to Orgrimmar at the end of the questline at 58 and land right infront of the Org/SW gates. They are silenced when they land there and flagged so you might be able to kill them as they portal to there. But it might be easier to wait for them between Stonard/Nethergarde Keep and the portal.

Seg on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    thank you for the information. That should prove most valuable on next Wednesday when the servers are working again

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is the invasion. Shortly, they'll release photographs of a guy in Arthas armor swinging Frostmourne around in the server room and knocking realms offline.

AttackofTheLichKing.jpg

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

Going from a PVP to an RPPVP server was hard, because I had that exact vision when people would RP the characters. "zomg lulz I iz the forgotten sun o' thrall". That or the amazing amount of people who are into cybersex.

My plan now based on this level of awesomesauce from bliz is to just sleep and work like normal until Sunday when I'm off and hope everything is back to normal. I laugh at my co-workers who either have the weekend now (we are a 24/7 shop), or the ones that took leave. They have hope that servers will work fine night of, but I have evidence to the contrary.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    thank you for the information. That should prove most valuable on next Wednesday when the servers are working again

I demand updates and screenshots of your story.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    End wrote: »
    So what are you kiddies planning to do when you've rushed back from the midnight release and everything is all installed? Assuming I can log on at all, I plan to run to Dalaran, set my hearth there, then go to sleep. Wake up 4, maybe 5 hours later, then level until work at 4pm EST. :)

Are you level 74?

I was under the impression you needed to be 74 to teleport to Dalaran, but that anyone could walk into it normally.

Edit: Hmm, looks like normal people need to be 74 to be ported to Dalaran, but that mages can teleport there at 71, and the portal has no level limit. Once in the city you take an attunement quest available at level 70 to be able to come and go freely. So, since I've got several mage friends, I just have to wait till 71. :P

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I assume dalaran is like shatt, one main city hub for both factions? If so, that is dumb, I'm sick of sharing cities with these Alliance asses and not being able to kill them.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So I assume dalaran is like shatt, one main city hub for both factions? If so, that is dumb, I'm sick of sharing cities with these Alliance asses and not being able to kill them.

Seconded.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yup, it is. Unlike Shatt though, each faction has a separate side of the city. So you won't be forced to mingle with the filthy alliance quite so much.

Now we just have to get different water fountains.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yup, it is. Unlike Shatt though, each faction has a separate side of the city. So you won't be forced to mingle with the filthy alliance quite so much.

How separate? Like one side can't get into the other side or if you go on the other side you get attack by guards...

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I geuss I should have said they are flagged on a PvP server, normal servers you are unflagged.

I don't mind giving you the info as my first DK will be on a normal server so safe from Horde gankers.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

How separate? Like one side can't get into the other side or if you go on the other side you get attack by guards...

I don't rememer Alliance/Horde guards in Dalaran while I was there, I do seem to think it was a sanctuary.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I'm not sure on this. Doubtful though, it'll probably be like Shatt where even at hateful none of the npcs attack you.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    On the beta servers, going too far into the side of the opposite faction got you ported out and temp-stunned I think.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Technically speaking the Alliance and Horde don't have a spot in Dalaran. More specifically, there is one faction for each. You don't get to choose to be in one. I believe the Alliance one is High Elves/Humans and the Horde one is Blood Elves.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Magus` wrote: »
    How about not playing on an RP server?

:arrow:

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Thank God.

I hated having nasty Alliance garbage just walking by me in Shattrath like they were actual people. A'dal should have had them kept outside next to the Darkmoon Faire lot tied to a fence.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Technically speaking the Alliance and Horde don't have a spot in Dalaran. More specifically, there is one faction for each. You don't get to choose to be in one. I believe the Alliance one is High Elves/Humans and the Horde one is Blood Elves.

What the fuuuuuuuuck.

Since when did these chuckleheads become the prime faction of the Horde? I had to deal with that shit enough in BC with the Scryers. I don't want to work under a bunch of panty-wringing sissy boys again.

Dac on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thank God.

I hated having nasty Horde scum garbage just walking by me in Shattrath like they were actual people. A'dal should have had just killed them all, permanently .

Fixt!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yesterday I exploited the bug with Crocolisks in the City to get Old Crafty in Orgrimmar; essentially you have a much higher catch rate of the rare fish when the croc quest is active but incomplete. Today was Crocolisks in the City again, so I got my horde self to Booty Bay, teleported into Gnomer, and run up to Ironforge for my first enemy city corpse hop. Wasn't that bad, really, especially at 6 AM, so now I sit in that dark pool ready to fish. This morning I fished around 10 times and didn't get Ironjaw, which doesn't bode well for the exploit but I'm ready to try again tonight.

Tomorrow would probably be the best time to fish in the other faction's city, considering every able-bodied 70 will be in Northrend.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thank God.

I hated having nasty Alliance garbage just walking by me in Shattrath like they were actual people. A'dal should have had them kept outside next to the Darkmoon Faire lot tied to a fence.

I'm not all about the "lol ally is full of 12 year olds...go to bed noobs" attitude, but when I first got my lock up to 70 and started spending decent amounts of time in shat, I started thinking to myself "What the hell? We're at war with these asses, and here this night elf is next to me in line at the bank like nothing is wrong. OMG HE STEPPED ON MY FOOT"

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

AttackofTheLichKing.jpg
    We have reason to believe it may look something like this:

Man, you really like Arrested Development don't you? :^:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What the fuuuuuuuuck.

Since when did these chuckleheads become the prime faction of the Horde? I had to deal with that shit enough in BC with the Scryers. I don't want to work under a bunch of panty-wringing sissy boys again.
    Yeah, the Sunreavers. You really can't get around it though. Trolls are only mages because of convenience, there isn't a lot of lore reasons for it. Undead haven't been around long enough to have any presence in the city. As annoying as it is, the Blood Elves are really the only logical choice for a horde faction in Dalaran.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thank God.

I hated having nasty Horde scum garbage just walking by me in Shattrath like they were actual people. A'dal should have had just killed them all, permanently .

Fixt!

I feel dirty playing on my troll characters. Playing badguys isn't as fun if your faction is made up of dicks, not badasses.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Radiation wrote: »
    Thank God.

I'm not all about the "lol ally is full of 12 year olds...go to bed noobs" attitude, but when I first got my lock up to 70 and started spending decent amounts of time in shat, I started thinking to myself "What the hell? We're at war with these asses, and here this night elf is next to me in line at the bank like nothing is wrong. OMG HE STEPPED ON MY FOOT"

Yeah, they really went soft on each other. By the end of the burning crusade it's almost like, why the hell are we even fighting anymore? Velen and that blood elf lady become all buddy-buddy, and now we're going to go invade Northrend together, what were we fighting about again? Trees? A farm?
    Which is why I love the battle for the undercity quest line, and I don't mind that Wrynn is a douche.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Radiation wrote: »
    Thank God.

Yeah, they really went soft on each other. By the end of the burning crusade it's almost like, why the hell are we even fighting anymore? Velen and that blood elf lady become all buddy-buddy, and now we're going to go invade Northrend together, what were we fighting about again? Trees? A farm?
    Which is why I love the battle for the undercity quest line, and I don't mind that Wrynn is a douche.

Because they took our FLAGS.

They took our flags and they CAPPED THEM.

Then they /farted on us.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I say boo to you Blizzard. Boooo. Down with shared 'Sanctuary' cities. I want PvP enabled everywhere! Put in achievements to kill faction leaders in the rest of Azeroth but don't give us main faction cities to raid in Northrend. Boo-urns!

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    SyphonBrueSyphonBrue Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Playing badguys isn't as fun if your faction is made up of dicks

Then why are you Alliance?

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What the fuuuuuuuuck.

Yeah, the Sunreavers. You really can't get around it though. Trolls are only mages because of convenience, there isn't a lot of lore reasons for it. Undead haven't been around long enough to have any presence in the city. As annoying as it is, the Blood Elves are really the only logical choice for a horde faction in Dalaran.

Plus, I bet most of the Horde encampments around Northrend will be Orc/Troll based like they tend to be in Outland.

Septus on
This discussion has been closed.