As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

early registration is open!

• SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    if you have to drive a couple hours one way theres no possible way you could drive there and back AND sleep in between... because with the 4 hours you get by the time you leave pax before you're in line the next day just doesn't allow it lol

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • dskaitlyndskaitlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Late at night with no traffic on the pike, it'll take me an hour and a half to two hours to get home. It's the way back the next day that'll ruin it. ;)

Good thing I have friends in the area with really comfortable couches!

dskaitlyn on
    "You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll drive to the Mass border and take the commuter T. YEEEHAAA! Know plenty of people in bean town. Awesome.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • EnragedBulletEnragedBullet Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    Too bad I'll be on Active Duty in the Marine Corps to visit a PAX event in Boston...:(

EnragedBullet on
    By EnragedBullet.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What if you convinced your superiors that PAX would be a great place to recruit new people? =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have got to start saving up to go to PAX 2010.. but I don't know anybody out there, and spending lots of money getting out there -and- paying for lodging = t3h lame. If most PAX goers weren't typically broke I would say we should all take over a cruise ship at some point. Seven days or so in the Caribbean, or Alaska, or somewhere? *grin* That would be highly excellent.

MeeOk on
  • SWATJesterSWATJester Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MeeOk wrote: »
    I have got to start saving up to go to PAX 2010.. but I don't know anybody out there, and spending lots of money getting out there -and- paying for lodging = t3h lame. If most PAX goers weren't typically broke I would say we should all take over a cruise ship at some point. Seven days or so in the Caribbean, or Alaska, or somewhere? *grin* That would be highly excellent.

NAViGaTR is doing this in November though I don't know if the plans are going through or not. It's called the AVATOY cruise.

SWATJester on
    Moderator, PAX Prime 08, 09, 10, 10-East, panels on "Legal Issues in Gaming"
    Contributing Editor, http://www.gamepolitics.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SG LukeSG Luke Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I so cannot wait for this. While I don't look forward to what the Green line will be like, it'll be so worth it.

SG Luke on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Um, yeah. Totally way to broke to do it right now. Plus I'm saving up for a super sexay HD tv, baby! w00t!

MeeOk on
  • PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'm a little late getting in at 10 pages into the thread, but damn am I happy about EC:PAX.

I've had issues with getting my friends to come to PAX because it is in Seattle and they're cheap lazy bums. However, I think we can easily get them to come to EC:PAX and make a fun train trip out of it too!

I know you want a reverse CCST Moe, but you should just take part in the great East Coast Super Train Trip Extravaganza.

-Edit- Owned by emoticons, but I'll leave them in because they're funny.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
    edited October 2008
    i don't think moe knows what a train is... or any sort of travel that isn't a car

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Skinnay wrote: »
    i don't think moe knows what a train is... or any sort of travel that isn't a car

There's a lot Moe doesn't know. Don't fool yourself.

Atlus Parker on
    edited November 2008

There's a lot Moe doesn't know. Don't fool yourself.

haha fact.

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    I know gas is under $2 a gallon here.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited November 2008
    we're almost there! 2.09
    fuck mishigun

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

jesus, really?

i thought it was low here at $2.39

Monoxide on
  • SG LukeSG Luke Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's sad when $2.39 is low. And yet i'm jealous, it's still around $2.50 here.

SG Luke on
    edited November 2008
    omg! this means michigan doesn't have the highest gas prices in the country other than alaska and hawaii anymore!!! if only we didn't have the worst economy >.>

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    And the highest unemployment rate...

side note: Skinnay, it's 2.09 in D-town? shit, it's still sitting at 2.20 out here in KZoo.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited November 2008
    yeah it actually got down to 1.99 with cash at one place... but i'm pretty sure you had to wait like an hour in line to actaully get the gas
    edit: i actually think we don't have the highest unepmployement rate anymore either! see what happens when kwame goes to jail! lol
    it makes some awesome halloween costumes!!! lol

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
    edited November 2008
    You're right. In the Sept numbers, we (8.7%) were beat by Rhode Island (8.8%).

Side note: I think it would actually be cheaper to take the train from Chicago to Boston then drive... with all the toll roads on the East side of the country.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll be there in 2010. I need a god dang job soon. For seriously. Two PAXes in one year? I might explode.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
    edited November 2008
    i think it'd be cheaper just to go by hover car
    they're supposed to have those in 2010 right?

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i think it'd be cheaper just to go by hover car
    they're supposed to have those in 2010 right?

It would probably be a lot cheaper to take your transportation inspiration from The Flinstones instead of The Jetsons. Get ready for the 2010 PAX foot-car CCST!

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I may say, as a New Hampshirite at heart (and soon to be returning there), New Hampshire is extremely awesome. =) I encourage you all to move there... if for no other reason than because we can hang out if you come over. Plus we can all go to Pumpkinfest, in the most beautiful city in the most beautiful, free-thinking state in the Union.

[/soapbox]

=)

Keene is not the the prettiest city in NH, not by a longshot (though it is better than Manchvegas or Trashua). And while we are free-thinking, the FSP people aren't ever going to get very far here, due to the massive politically aware populace (first primary in the nation since forever means you have to pay attention).

schuss on
  • Painkilla9098Painkilla9098 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thank god. I live in New York know I don't have to be sitting on a hell flight for 7 hours in a cramped seat, but I'm still doing it for 09'.

Painkilla9098 on
    edited November 2008

Aye, it hit $1.97 at one of the gas stations over here! Pre-war gas prices. =)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008
    schuss wrote: »
    If I may say, as a New Hampshirite at heart (and soon to be returning there), New Hampshire is extremely awesome. =) I encourage you all to move there... if for no other reason than because we can hang out if you come over. Plus we can all go to Pumpkinfest, in the most beautiful city in the most beautiful, free-thinking state in the Union.

[/soapbox]

=)

Keene is not the the prettiest city in NH, not by a longshot (though it is better than Manchvegas or Trashua). And while we are free-thinking, the FSP people aren't ever going to get very far here, due to the massive politically aware populace (first primary in the nation since forever means you have to pay attention).

Which city do you think is more fair than Keene? Them's fightin' words! =) Nah, in truth there may potentially be more beautiful cities, I won't pretend that I've seen them all by any stretch. But I will say that I found Keene to be the most pleasant and attractive city I've personally seen in the entire Union. If you know of a prettier town in New Hampshire, lay it on me so I can see it then while I'm here! =)

I'm not politically aligned with the FSP either, if that's what you think. =) I'm on the other side of the political spectrum, tilting to the left... though the two far sides of the spectrum do share the fact that they both value civil liberties. =)

VThornheart on
    edited November 2008

Aye, it hit $1.97 at one of the gas stations over here! Pre-war gas prices. =)

VT, you jinxed it! It was at 1.92 until you posted and now it's back at 2.09.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited November 2008
    yeah for real! gas went down to 1.80 over here! now it's back up to 2 dollars!
    who wants to hog tie VT so he can't talk anymore? ^_^

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear god

I just contemplated doing a reverse CCST in addition to the regular one.
    I think my brain might explode

Don't cross the streams.

minigunwielder on
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm so happy. My boyfriend and I tried to win tickets to last years Washington PAX, but, sadly, failed. As I read accounts of the joy, I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be great if it came here so we could go." And then we heard it was coming to the east coast and I thought "Gee, wouldn't it be great if it was in Boston so we could bring amazing people to all our favorite places and have a 20 minute drive to PAX." And it was so. And I was glad.

Drinks at Sunset Bar and Grill. It shall be.

DreadPirateAmy on
  • seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OH SNAP! You know I gotta CC to Boston.

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
    edited November 2008
    Anybody driving from west of Chicago: it's looking like the tolls per car are looking like $35 for each way. But that was taking the old New York-Chicago Toll Road route. So there might be a cheaper way, but I havn't looked for it yet.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited November 2008
    there is a much cheaper way....
    tank

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
    edited November 2008
    tank

Um no. Guess it's MPG...
    About 0.6 miles per gallon and it will burn 12 gallons per hour when idling.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited November 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »
    tank

Um no. Guess it's MPG...
    About 0.6 miles per gallon and it will burn 12 gallons per hour when idling.

oh you haven't seen the new hybrid tanks? XD

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just registered for East Coast PAX so I thought I would cast my thread resurrection
    spell on my OG East Coast thread.

Are you registered? Are you excited?

Tell me about it...stud.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not registered yet, but will definitely be there. I will hopefully be moving to Boston in September

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I will probably register after PAX09, but I will be there for sure!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.