As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

new comic 10/14

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    did you tell him that the last couple years of his life had been wasted regardless

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    People need to stop projecting. Just because you play/don't play for a particular reason dosen't make it true across the board.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    arod_77 wrote: »
    How could you possibly be excited about another WoW expansion.

I honestly do not get it.

Because it's a fun game and people enjoy it?

No.

That is a goddamn lie.

People do not enjoy it, they feel indebted to it and themselves.

Actually, this is exactly what my friend said. He told me that he would feel like the last couple of years of his life would be wasted if he stopped working on his characters.
    I don't feel like I wasted my life when I played wow simply because I was working graveyard at the time and didn't have any consoles, so if it wasn't fishing in WoW it would have been something else at 4AM.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    TDOT is obviously not a tusk man

stopped reading dominic deegan ages ago

TheySlashThem on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    did you tell him that the last couple years of his life had been wasted regardless

I didn't have the heart.

NotASenator on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2008

I didn't have the heart.

low drop rate

oh god what have i done

Unknown User on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    we were at applebees around midnight tuesday

our waiter was all

i gotta bring you guys your check ive got somewhere to be

and my friend is like what do you have like a date

and he's like no its way more geeky then that

i look at him and go

fucking world of warcraft

he sheepishly acknowledged how correct i am

Kovak on
    edited November 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

No.

That is a goddamn lie.

Actually, this is exactly what my friend said. He told me that he would feel like the last couple of years of his life would be wasted if he stopped working on his characters.
    I don't feel like I wasted my life when I played wow simply because I was working graveyard at the time and didn't have any consoles, so if it wasn't fishing in WoW it would have been something else at 4AM.

Yeah, but this guy is a genius who could have been writing some of the funniest shit I've ever read and could have been making sweet ass websites and stuff but instead he has like seven level 70 dudes.

I don't blame him. I smoked for a decade before I managed to summon up the will to quit.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    Hahaha, yeah, the apartment. Good times.

Also, I believe you are thinking of T'Pol, not 7 of 9.

Either way, Kaylee is hotter.
    wait, I know why we're disagreeing here.

You prefer to use brains while I like to remove them.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited November 2008
    In other news, I would love to design a game where your "guild" is the crew of a spaceship and you go around doing spaceshipy things, but I haven't for the life of me been able to figure out how it would work.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2008
    In other news, I would love to design a game where your "guild" is the crew of a spaceship and you go around doing spaceshipy things, but I haven't for the life of me been able to figure out how it would work.
    first of all i would be your Ace fighter that has a bad attitude but am too damn good to kick out of the Navy.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No.

That is a goddamn lie.

like an abusive relationship

potatoe on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

isn't there a star trek mmo being made

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Well, ok, here's a good question:

What would the captain do?

Let's say it was minigame-based, a concept I abhor, and your engineer had to play some tetris thing to keep the power levels up and his success meant more power to shields and weapons and engines, and then another guy was the pilot and two or three other dudes manned the turrets and the science officer had some sort of memory game to find the weak points in the other ship's shields and all of that, what does the captain do?

"Ok guys, you're doing well, keep it up"

In WoW, in the small friends and family guild I played with, the tank was the instance leader, and so he controlled the direction and pacing himself while making pulls.

I like the idea of a carrier ship of some kind with single seat fighters attached that could do out and do battle, like a battlestar galactica style deal, but the question still stands. If I could have a strategic map where I could assign targets and waypoints and maybe dole out resources, I guess that would work.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2008
    thorgot wrote: »

isn't there a star trek mmo being made

When it switched developers, it just became City of Heroes in space. Every player is the Captain of their ship.

NotASenator on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Let's say it was minigame-based, a concept I abhor, and your engineer had to play some tetris thing to keep the power levels up and his success meant more power to shields and weapons and engines, and then another guy was the pilot and two or three other dudes manned the turrets and the science officer had some sort of memory game to find the weak points in the other ship's shields and all of that, what does the captain do?

"Ok guys, you're doing well, keep it up"

In WoW, in the small friends and family guild I played with, the tank was the instance leader, and so he controlled the direction and pacing himself while making pulls.

I like the idea of a carrier ship of some kind with single seat fighters attached that could do out and do battle, like a battlestar galactica style deal, but the question still stands. If I could have a strategic map where I could assign targets and waypoints and maybe dole out resources, I guess that would work.

interspecies dating simulator

potatoe on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've been clean from WoW for about 2 years now

but I did not realize I had truly beaten it when a friend told me he got Wrath and the first words out of my mouth were "oh, did that come out today"

I feel so incredibly proud

YaYa on
  • edited November 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    I've been clean from WoW for about 2 years now

but I did not realize I had truly beaten it when a friend told me he got Wrath and the first words out of my mouth were "oh, did that come out today"

I feel so incredibly proud

well done, sir.

I don't think anybody i know irl actually plays this on a consistent basis.

I do know a whole bunch of people who are playing diablo2 together, though

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No.

That is a goddamn lie.

Man this is why my friends kept me in FFXI for 4 years. I know them all in real life, and they refused to move anywhere else because of all the invested time. Nevermind that the shit is so fucking old, nevermind that that argument makes no logical sense whatsoever.

The only hard thing about leaving an MMO is if you've made genuine friends there, and what with this new and amazing age of the information superhighway keeping in touch with them is hardly difficult.

WoW, for all its faults, is essentially the best game ever after that final fantasy. God, how can people complain about balance issues in WoW? I just laugh at them while reveling in the fact I can solo as anything, or do damage as a healer class, or have more than 2 tank classes total in the game.

Cilla Black on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No.

That is a goddamn lie.

Man this is why my friends kept me in FFXI for 4 years. I know them all in real life, and they refused to move anywhere else because of all the invested time. Nevermind that the shit is so fucking old, nevermind that that argument makes no logical sense whatsoever.

The only hard thing about leaving an MMO is if you've made genuine friends there, and what with this new and amazing age of the information superhighway keeping in touch with them is hardly difficult.

WoW, for all its faults, is essentially the best game ever after that final fantasy. God, how can people complain about balance issues in WoW? I just laugh at them while reveling in the fact I can solo as anything, or do damage as a healer class, or have more than 2 tank classes total in the game.

What?

Is Cilla typing in tongues?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    What?

Please tell him that I do not want his satan cooties on me, also, that that is exactly why WoW is unbalanced, and he is stupid, also, WoW is stupid, and I would much rather suck at a real game than play that pile of shit.

minigunwielder on
    edited November 2008

What would you do with a drunken shipman?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited November 2008
    ERR LYE IN THE MORR NINN

TheySlashThem on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    OK we get it you hate WoW that doesn't mean nobody else can like it
    Is Blizzard showing up every month and taking fifteen bucks from you?
    No?
    Then suck a fuck, shithead

t Mysst: Throw him in bed with the captain's daughter, throw him in the brig until he's sober, shave his belly with a rusty razor or any of the other eight hundred verses of that song

Me Too! on
    edited November 2008
    oh my goodness wiggin's using grown up words

TheySlashThem on
    edited November 2008
    Put him in a dress and call him Wiggin

NotASenator on
    edited November 2008
    wiggin you used eight hundred in, what i can only determine from text, a sarcastic manner.

You gonna get keelhauled.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Look I used to like the game too guys but.

Diminishing returns much? Jesus christ I mean some of us have been playing the same damn game since 2004!

I would have gotten tired of crack and graduated to black tar heroin by now

I'm still playing The Frozen Throne.

But that's different, I think, because strategies and tactics change and you face different people.

Also I'm playing Resistance 2 (coop), which is great.

Defender on
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

He would dispense quests.

minigunwielder on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The back and forth re: ButtFLO is really much funnier than the comic itself.

MrMonroe on
    edited November 2008
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    ha, yeah, I haven't seen one of those for a while

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What?

Please tell him that I do not want his satan cooties on me, also, that that is exactly why WoW is unbalanced, and he is stupid, also, WoW is stupid, and I would much rather suck at a real game than play that pile of shit.

Man I never said wow was balanced. I just said that after playing FFXI for 4 years it seems that way.

Cilla Black on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

My god that is magical. Thanks for pointing that out.

TankHammer on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    The game certainly has its flaws, but content progression is most certainly not one of them.

If you're going to level criticism, do it by pointing out how Blizzard totally ignores the evolution of their UI and simply lets modders do the work for them.
    and then when they patch and the mods cause glitches, "oh hey it's not our fault, remove all your mods first if you want us to help you"

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FromAlpha2OmegaFromAlpha2Omega Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    I still hate how a raid revolves around the MT. you need a super good player for a MT, or you can't do anything.

shit let anyone tank then we're in business

It was worse when you needed 8.

FromAlpha2Omega on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm never pleased to see a WoW comic, but considering the recent events, I think it was almost mandatory.

and it wasn't bad, I'll admit!

Just, you know, fuck WoW and the dead horse it rode into the ground on!

Obbi on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

My god that is magical. Thanks for pointing that out.

I love it when they do things like that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    blizz needs to do like valve and integrate the best and brightest of the player mod base into their team

ZeroFill on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ERR LYE IN THE MORR NINN

risin' to the street

M.D. on
This discussion has been closed.