As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cock juggling thunder [chat]

1303132333436»

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man I hope the economy gets a bit more stable by the time I move.

Seattle's not being hit too hard compared to some areas, but I don't want to go more than two months without a job.

Incenjucar on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    The only correct name for a gnome is Jan Jansen.

Wouldn't he need to be a Rogue? I really need to read some of that series that time.

Mage. Jan Jansen was an illusionist.

Ahh, I might read that series once I finish Song of Ice and Fire.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm talking about Baldur's Gate.

Haven't they done some books based off of Baldur's Gate?

I made it a rule to never, ever, ever, ever read D&D novel fiction. Ever.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Getting a job right now is a pain in the ass. Especially if you want a decent one.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's a bad choice that is, I feel, obviously bad. I don't want a guy who makes obviously bad choices running our country... it hasn't worked out so well the past 8 years.

Then again, Bill Clinton was a great president so who knows.
    Doing coke is obviously bad?

Don't believe the hype. I might be with you on crack or something, but I think you might be surprised to find out how many people have recreationally used cocaine with no real measurable negative consequences.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I've been looking at things for like two years now.

Mostly I've just never moved out of state before. I assume I have to contact the IRS or something, and a DMV or two.

Also I need to figure out commute situations since I'm going to be getting rid of my car before I move.

Why would you need to contact the IRS?

Medopine on
    edited November 2008

Justicar series is amusing, but it has the advantage of not taking itself seriously.

--

Medo: In case they want to send me one of those incentive checks.

Incenjucar on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Decent authors don't write as quickly as I read.

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2008
    It's a bad choice that is, I feel, obviously bad. I don't want a guy who makes obviously bad choices running our country... it hasn't worked out so well the past 8 years.

Don't believe the hype. I might be with you on crack or something, but I think you might be surprised to find out how many people have recreationally used cocaine with no real measurable negative consequences.

I'd try coke if it were appropriate in my life right now

Medopine on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    I've been looking at things for like two years now.

Mostly I've just never moved out of state before. I assume I have to contact the IRS or something, and a DMV or two.

Also I need to figure out commute situations since I'm going to be getting rid of my car before I move.

Why would you need to contact the IRS?
    Yeah, when you leave your current employer, just give them your new mailing address (and if you get to Seattle and then move, make sure to call them and update that address (or just give them a permanent one in CA like your parent's house or something)) and then when next year's tax time comes up, they'll mail your tax info to that address, and then you'll use that to file your taxes from where you are in Seattle.

• SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    political-pictures-barack-obama-white-house-complete-sentences.jpg

Now featuring a president who's not a former coke head.

Barack also did coke.

So . . .

Speaker on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Decent authors don't write as quickly as I read.

That's why I've branched out from just sci-fi/fantasy to polisci books. Gives me an entire new genre to read while I'm waiting for my authors to write faster.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited November 2008

No strippers hanging around the apartment half-nude to get you in the mood at the moment, are there?

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't try coke, ever.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    In fact I'd try coke over weed cause I fucking hate the smell of weed

Medopine on
    edited November 2008

NSFW
    VIDEO-MetalocalypseEpisode3_Birt-3.jpg

Incenjucar on
    edited November 2008
    Jewcar, why

Ew.

Also it's not really appropriate to do drugs when you work enforcing drugs laws...

Medopine on
    edited November 2008

I suggest to do more research on drugs before you do any drugs.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    Really?

I fucking hate pot, but I have to confess I do enjoy the smell. Maybe just the smell of the plants is what I'm thinking of. I don't actually like the smell of it burning, actually, now that I think about it. Never mind I take it back.

edited November 2008
    Jewcar, why

Ew.

Also it's not really appropriate to do drugs when you work enforcing drugs laws...

Like...3 movies just popped to mind where a variation of this happens.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited November 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

If you actually do the research on drugs and don't just swallow government scare stories, you'll realize using cocaine is pretty harmless with even the slightest amount of self-control.

edited November 2008

I don't really see how doing more research will make weed smell differently to me

Medopine on
    edited November 2008

Yes.

Also: Man, I should get into enforcing drug laws. I'll change my name to Buzz Killington, and then my emo druggie cousin will stop telling me about the horrible things he's doing to his future.

Incenjucar on
    edited November 2008
    Shit -- I'd be more afraid of suffering a serious injury and being prescribed pain-killers than I would of doing a little blow on a Saturday night.

edited November 2008
    If you actually do the research on drugs and don't just swallow government scare stories, you'll realize using cocaine is pretty harmless with even the slightest amount of self-control.

I know plenty of people who do coke. I think it would make a terrible first drug to take.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    I've always found the best reason not to do drugs, aside from the legal consequences, was that you were supporting criminal behavior in general, which usually has repercussions on the lives or others.

Kind of like why I avoid Nestle products.

Incenjucar on
    edited November 2008
    I don't really see how doing more research will make weed smell differently to me

Choosing what drug to take based on smell isn't what I'd call a great criteria.

Inquisitor on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Strasbourg Cathedral, 1439.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Never go see NIN then

deadonthestreet on
    edited November 2008
    I've always found the best reason not to do drugs, aside from the legal consequences, was that you were supporting criminal behavior in general, which usually has repercussions on the lives or others.

Kind of like why I avoid Nestle products.
    I've had plenty of pot-growing friends, and the hard-working indigenous people's of South America would have to find a whole new livelihood if Wall Street ever stopped getting high.

It's actually only the government criminalization that makes things violent.

edited November 2008

Choosing what drug to take based on smell isn't what I'd call a great criteria.
    This isn't a serious business discussion here, so how do you know that's my only criteria

Also how do you know it's my first drug

Medopine on
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have you guys looked through all these Get Your War On videos?

http://www.236.com/video/2008/get_your_war_on_sarah_palin_an_9028.php

I think I almost had a stroke because of this one.

Speaker on
    edited November 2008
    Never go see NIN then

God I hate that shit at concerts.

Medopine on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Never go see NIN then

It is pretty much constant for the entire two hours.

deadonthestreet on
    edited November 2008
    Never go see NIN then

Man, I hate that shit riding home on the Waterfront like two or three times a month.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medo: So are you one of those people going after teenagers who smoked pot once or are you more about the mob behind the trade or something? Also, what do you think of the old soft drugs/hard drugs divide as the Netherlands used to use back before we went conservative?

Aldo on
    edited November 2008
    dooooooot

Medopine on
    edited November 2008
    This isn't a serious business discussion here, so how do you know that's my only criteria

Also how do you know it's my first drug

Sorry, it's hard for me not to take drugs as serious business. Woo...family...

I'm guessing its your first drug because you've never tried pot, and thats most peoples first. Also the way you tend to re-act in chat when drugs get brought up, in general.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    dammit.

Medopine on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Medo.

20031201h.gif
    Tycho wrote:
    Once your heart hurts for more than twenty-four hours, it's probably time to go see somebody who knows about them. When he originally described the sensations he was experiencing, I thought he was simply feeling an emotion, something he might find disorienting. Nope, it was just the heart thing.

While he was appreciating the contours of his wholly custom painscape, strangely conscious of his body's constant operation, I have managed to get back into some Call of Duty. Though I have not played on a server that supports it yet, there is already a custom "Demolition" gametype that requires no download and injects some sanity into vanilla Search and Destroy. The main reasons I wanted to mention CoD were that a) there is a apparently a patch coming out shortly that will add a new gametype, a Russian machine gun, and hopefully a couple new maps, and b) I had to make sure you got your hands on this tiny marvel - a mod that does nothing less than add a Friend Finder to the join screen. There's another cool app called nBrowse that is far more robust, but runs outside the game - it's up to you which one of those you'd prefer.

I've read many reports of people dissatisfied with the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo - so did the developer apparently, as they chose to respond directly to these criticisms. Personally, I've held off on Deus Ex news. I can't do that for all games, eventually curiosity gets the better of me, but outside of the off screen or something that gets posted in-line with the rest of the news on a site I've stayed fairly chaste. I turned away when I saw it at E3, for example. This was the sequel to Deus Ex, and I felt like I should be "saving it" for retail. I felt like the last virgin in the world, atop a mountain, which not only accentuated my isolation but was also very cold.

And then like a day after the demo came out I was all over it, chewing and scratching like a mongoose. Well, I'd been very good up to that point.

Most of the comments I've read from players have said the same thing, that they feel the simultaneous development for the Xbox and the PC has conspired to "dumb down" the entire game. But you could tell from interviews after they had finished the Playstation 2 version that they had begun to feel, internally, that a streamlined user experience was really the way to go. I read the interview on Gamespy, this would have been a very long time ago, obviously - but they felt like they had made some missteps in the PC original that obscured the things that they wanted clear.

People are asking why Deus Ex: Invisible War was dumbed down, when in actuality it's just not very good period. I mean, maybe it's a dumbed down shitty game. It hardly matters. I got in trouble with you when I called the Tron demo "shitty" without qualification, so let me be frank: the mouse control is strangely loose, almost ethereal, like yelling your movements to a friend across the room at a loud party. Shit doesn't react when you shoot it. The environment seemed spartan, like the universe had just moved in. Performance is beyond miserable. The tough inventory and character choices I had to make in the first game simply don't exist in this new one.

Of course, I only have what you have to go on - this demo, which runs miserably on my 2.4 Athlon XP, gig of RAM, Radeon 9700. The servants who toil at gaming news establishments have said that the demo is not representative of the final game, which is supposedly very good. Uh, that's great. They got theirs free, so it goes without saying that their free CD with Deus Ex on it is probably better than my blank CD-R. I won't buy a game that has a demo like this as its avatar, so I guess that's kind of a pickle.

(CW)TB out.

i hear the buzz is good on them

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.