As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I'm playing as a henchman, and I kill random civilians, does the person I'm henching for get evil points too?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I'm playing as a henchman, and I kill random civilians, does the person I'm henching for get evil points too?

I'm fairly certain that this is a YES.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Ha, that will show those goody two-shoes!

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Ha, that will show those goody two-shoes!

The host hero still has to turn off safety though. You can't kill civs unless he lets you.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2008
    Going nuts on civilians is actually a bad idea in this game, no matter what.

Tube on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm being driven completely stupid here.

Where the fuck is the "Headband, moustache, hat" game or whatever it is. I can't find it anywhere and it's one of the only things I have remaining to get in the game.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You have to get it from the X Box Live pub games

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You have to get it from the X Box Live pub games

Sigh.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    yeah it's bullshit

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm not an achievement whore or anything, I just would really like to get all of them because I really enjoyed the game and I spent a lot of hours in it. It would be nice just to get that final bit over the completionist barrier.

I know the achievements can be got from watching another person, but is there anything that I can't get into am barred from in game because I lack that specific expression?

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Not that I know of, it's very much an extra.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ah, no nerdrage from me then! I can live with my blank expression notch (or whatever it is).

I finished the game with my good character. So nice to see a "good" ending that actually is what I view good morality to actually encompass.

Edit: I'll guess, the dog backflip is the same right?

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I believe so, yes

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This must be Peters personal revenge against me for saying things about him on the internet.

I take it all back, I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    If you ask Lionhead they'll give you a code for Pub Games

http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/default.aspx

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    If you ask Lionhead they'll give you a code for Pub Games

http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/default.aspx

Seems a bit more of a raffle than your post implies. Unless the blog is cunningly hiding things that way to cut down on the number of requests.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    eh

Chances are too small.

Ranced on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm not saying that I or my friends have successfully gotten pub games codes by emailing or PMing Sam from the Lionhead board and asking nicely for them, because that might get Sam in trouble. I'm just saying it never hurts to ask. >_>

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had a statue commissioned in honor of all the transvestite hookers in Bloodstone. My male character is doing the 'Blow Kiss' expression while wearing a love plume, corset, and tart skirt. o_O

I checked my family status while in that getup and about had a heart attack. It said my aristocrat wife, mother of three children, was filing for divorce. It went back to normal once I changed clothes.

Love Hurts sidequest:
    Anyone marry Lady Grey? Can she have kids? I was going to try, but she disappeared on me. I bought the Cemetery Mansion so she could move in there when we were married, but I guess she is considered the owner when whatshisface leaves. I think it evicted her when I bought it.

grrarg on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    I had a statue commissioned in honor of all the transvestite hookers in Bloodstone. My male character is doing the 'Blow Kiss' expression while wearing a love plume, corset, and tart skirt. o_O

I checked my family status while in that getup and about had a heart attack. It said my aristocrat wife, mother of three children, was filing for divorce. It went back to normal once I changed clothes.

Love Hurts sidequest:
    Anyone marry Lady Grey? Can she have kids? I was going to try, but she disappeared on me. I bought the Cemetery Mansion so she could move in there when we were married, but I guess she is considered the owner when whatshisface leaves. I think it evicted her when I bought it.
    Yes she can have kids. Although they were had a noticeably darker completion than I did. I believe she cheated on me.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quick question:

I just got my download code and was wondering: Will this content only go to my current character, or will all future characters on my account be able to access it?

Also, can you have multiple saves?

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just got my download code and was wondering: Will this content only go to my current character, or will all future characters on my account be able to access it?

Probably, because it should be treated like normal DLC.
    Also, can you have multiple saves?

Yes, it looks like up to six.

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nitpick: You can have six characters. One save per character. The game usually autosaves after decisions, so choices matter and have consequences. No save/reload shuffling to see what would have happened if you picked Y instead of X.

grrarg on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RedDawn wrote: »

Love Hurts sidequest:
    Yes she can have kids. Although they were had a noticeably darker completion than I did. I believe she cheated on me.
    Well, they are zombie babies

The Duelist achievement - fuck it. This is nigh impossible for me. I hate being an achievement whore with this game! Any tips?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Is that the one where you have to hit three people with one shot? If so I'd imagine you should go for the blunderbuss. I got it with a regular weapon out of sheer chance. If you fight with guns a lot it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Tube on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I managed it with a clockwork pistol, but damned if I know how, yeah.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    go for a lot of hand shots, I think that's how I did it.

Tube on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    deowolf wrote: »
    RedDawn wrote: »

Love Hurts sidequest:
    Well, they are zombie babies

The Duelist achievement - fuck it. This is nigh impossible for me. I hate being an achievement whore with this game! Any tips?

You don't even have to be attacking an enemy to get this one.

Think PSO (if you've played it)

You'll know you're chaining when your swings turn blue, you just have to tap the attack button in a rhythmic manner roughly 1 second apart give or take. Just find an empty area and do it till you see the swing "swooshes" turn blue and try to keep the rhythm. It's random though, it says like 4 combos? but I did it several times with like a dozen and didn't get it and eventually it just gave it to me. I think there's maybe a exact timing you need to do it even if the game is graphically registering combos, it's just not "taking". That's really the only indication you're doing a combo, the blue swoosh, there's no other fancy animation as far as I can tell.

But yeah, totally don't need to be attacking anything, in fact it's way easier if you're not. However, once you get the hang of combos it makes melee a lot easier. Enemies will parry far less if you're doing it in the combo rhythm.

EDIT: The hit 3 enemies is The Sharpshooter. And yeah, blunderbuss makes it fairly easy. I think I got it on the first Sam and Max quest in the Cemetery. But it's easier to manage in a place like the Hobbes cave where you can bunch up the enemies into a doorway and fire. It's a bit easier, I think if you do a zoom shot instead of letting it auto-aim (i.e. hold Y), that way you can focus on a more "Middle" enemy instead of whatever random thing the game has you targeting.

EDIT2: I still need the Co-op Achievements:

The Dollcatcher : Get all the dolls. If someone has them I just need them for a second to trigger it, then I'll give them back; or otherwise I could use the dolls if people have spares. I'm not sure off the top of my head which I have in my game.
    The Companions: Do a co-op expression perfectly
    The Double Threat: Attack the same target
    The Philanthropist: Give a gift. For this one, I have a ton of money and I own the whole world, so if someone is starting out and wants some cash I can hand over a chunk. Also I'd like to get some of my monies to my evil lady I started so I could have someone hold onto it and pass it along, keeping some for themselves.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited November 2008
    How do you give stuff to another character? I take it henchmen can't do this.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Herpes, it looks like we need the same things.

(Did I need to type that? No, but it just felt fun to say)

I've tried the open area bit for duelist. And as it turns out, I have poor rhythm for even a white male.

deowolf on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I've tried the open area bit for duelist. And as it turns out, I have poor rhythm for even a white male.

Try using a hammer or a different weapon? It's different timing based on speed, so maybe a slower weapon, like the hammer, could help.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is that the one where you have to hit three people with one shot? If so I'd imagine you should go for the blunderbuss. I got it with a regular weapon out of sheer chance. If you fight with guns a lot it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Just get the legendary blunderbuss from Gile's farm. I think I got the achieve the first time I shot it.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Feriluce wrote: »

Try using a hammer or a different weapon? It's different timing based on speed, so maybe a slower weapon, like the hammer, could help.

Negative on that one - even a big ol rusty hammer swings too fast in my beefy paws.

deowolf on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You could unlearn speed, if you have levels in that. Of course, that would waste a lot of experience, so you should leave it till you can abuse the crucible.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The achievement requires max speed, I believe.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ragh, so I've been doing the Treasure Island of Doom! quest near bloodstone and so far I've only found 2 out of 10 treasures. do I need my dog to be a better treasure finder or should I just look harder?

also, bloodstone demon door/winter lodge D:

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Just look harder. Or look at a gamefaqs spoiler walkthrough. That shouldn't be necessary though. Those treasures are pretty obvious if you just look around.

I finished my first playthrough, or as much as I want to play that character. I didn't get a lot of the achievements because I didn't start buying real estate early enough. Next character I'll buy shops ASAP to start the money rolling in, and go for the King/Queen title with the expensive real estate side quests.

My character was described as Decadent. Good/Corrupt. As one of the last people with the blood of Heroes, it was his mission to plant his seed in every willing woman. Ended up with over 50 STDs and white flies on his skin. :winky:

grrarg on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    How do you give stuff to another character? I take it henchmen can't do this.

You have to see their floating orb, target it, then 'interact' then 'gift', then you can gift items and/or gold

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Finally finished the game:
    The last 'battle' was hardly what I expected. That fucker kills my dog and I assumed I'd run in there and then there would be an epic showdown between me and Lucien. Instead, that asshole Reaver shoots him before I get to. And I didn't even get to kill Reaver for making me older.

I have to admit that I disliked the Spire choices. I went with sacrifice because I wanted to do the noble thing. Plus the anticlimactic ending just left me confused. I hope they intend to continue this story through DLC or something.

Overall, I think it was a good game, but the ending really left me wanting.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Finally finished the game:
    The last 'battle' was hardly what I expected. That fucker kills my dog and I assumed I'd run in there and then there would be an epic showdown between me and Lucien. Instead, that asshole Reaver shoots him before I get to. And I didn't even get to kill Reaver for making me older.

I have to admit that I disliked the Spire choices. I went with sacrifice because I wanted to do the noble thing. Plus the anticlimactic ending just left me confused. I hope they intend to continue this story through DLC or something.

Overall, I think it was a good game, but the ending really left me wanting.

You know what?
    Fuck video game logic.

Fuck the idea that games have to end with a final climactic boss fight. Fuck final bosses with super-attacks and a third ultra form with an extra wing that summons meteors and shit.

Fuck hitting his glowing vulnerable spots. Fuck a gimmick battle where you have to run between three switches until he drops his shields and then you can shoot him.

Fuck waiting for the god damn villain to finish his monologue before you shoot his stupid god damn face

You know why Reaver shot Lucien?

Because you, being a gamer, were sitting there patiently waiting for the guy to finish his monologue before you began SUPAH BOSS-A BATTRE-YU.

He was standing there, and you had a gun pointed at him.

SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD

But you didn't, because you thought there was something more to this then just getting simple revenge on the guy who fucked your life up.

There isn't. Shoot him. Now.

I loved the whole end of this game exactly because it flew directly in the face of video game logic. Specifically, it flew right in the face of bullshit JRPG logic that is poisoning all RPGs and has been doing so for years.

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.