As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DAMN YOU, BRITAIN!

Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond HubbardMordor XenuRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Social Entropy++
I have just learned about this phenomenon from a friend who recently returned from a visit to England. For a brief few moments, I was blissfully unaware of the extent in which white trash had invaded the nation which hath borne Shakespeare, Churchill, J.R.R. Tolkien, Sir Isaac Newton, and Lord Byron just to name a few.

HOW DID YOU FUCKERS LET THIS HAPPEN IN YOUR HOUSE?!?

chav.jpeg

I mean, seriously, Texas is home to an astonishing amount of uneducated, white trash, redneck, hip-hop abusing, wifebeater-wearing trailer hoodlums, but this takes the motherfucking cake right here:

MTS2_FifthAce2007_656466_chav-mobile.jpg

I don't pretend to understand this...this occurrence of banality and uniform douchebaggery and most of my brain never will; I just want to know one thing:

What's your explanation for this, young lady?!?

Darth Waiter on

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    There are hicks everywhere, dude

Garlic Bread on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Foster's? Ahahahaha.

Rinder on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    all I see is a car with stripes

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    also that's a sweet picture of butters

Garlic Bread on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    chavs

what can you do

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well we can't all be Bongi now can we.

ascot on
  • PaPaPaPa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man what can i say

poor people

PaPa on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    At least it's not a picture of a british teenager stabbing somebody.

Clint Eastwood on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I dunno man, a burberry'd up Metro has a certain appeal.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dude like seriously, I know you think of Shakespeare and Newton and all that, but like what percentage of the population of ANY country is that type of person? Take a guess at the serf:lord ratio in medieval England. You are looking at the country's peons.

Defender on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dude, Texas is not the state with the most white trash per square mile.

Mississippi, Alabama, Jersey

they all got us beat.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    haha, Chavs, oh my.

British youth is terribad, when I first arrived in the UK from South Africa and got into a school that would take me because apparently coming from Africa makes you uneducated, the students there had already destroyed an entire classrooms worth of books and chairs, a few months later they gave the french teacher a heartattack and generally are undisciplined maggots that need to be shot. And unfortunately this isn't a "minority" thing, chavs are in the fuckign majority here and you can't go anywhere without seeing groups of them doing fuck all when they should be working or going to school or something.

chavs.jpg

Junpei on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    chavs

what can you do

You can kill them with motherfucking fire is what you can do; and no, Keith, "hicks" doesn't describe this. This is unrestrained wannabe-ism at it's worst. "Hicks" come from a farm. Rednecks live in a rural area that borders on the suburban. Wannabe's...well, like I said:

FIRE.

Darth Waiter on
    edited November 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Dude like seriously, I know you think of Shakespeare and Newton and all that, but like what percentage of the population of ANY country is that type of person? Take a guess at the serf:lord ratio in medieval England. You are looking at the country's peons.

Ratios notwithstanding, Big D, there is no excuse for banality.

None.

Darth Waiter on
    edited November 2008
    what's people fascination with track suits?

Faricazy on
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »

It's like they're catching up with the eighties in some sort of reverse time stream. I dunno about you, but my version of Niko Bellic got jeans and a sportsjacket ASAFP.

Darth Waiter on
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Junpei wrote: »
    haha, Chavs, oh my.

British youth is terribad, when I first arrived in the UK from South Africa and got into a school that would take me because apparently coming from Africa makes you uneducated, the students there had already destroyed an entire classrooms worth of books and chairs, a few months later they gave the french teacher a heartattack and generally are undisciplined maggots that need to be shot. And unfortunately this isn't a "minority" thing, chavs are in the fuckign majority here and you can't go anywhere without seeing groups of them doing fuck all when they should be working or going to school or something.

British Streets

Yeah my year had the honour of being the year that caused the most expensive property damage up till that point. £1400 I believe it was. Although I imagine that the title has since been passed on.

It must have been a culture shock for you to see UK youth street culture because of course in South Africa you don't actually have any youth street culture because no one hangs out on the streets unless they want to be shot.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
    edited November 2008

No effort required.
    You'll look like all of your other mates.
    Makes it really difficult for someone trying to give description of you to the police.
    Goes well with all that gold jewellery.

ascot on
    edited November 2008

They shop in stores like TK Maxx and so forth and these places only sell that kind of clothing, except the womans bit which is also filled with whore clothing and hoop earrings.

Junpei on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It's like they're catching up with the eighties in some sort of reverse time stream. I dunno about you, but my version of Niko Bellic got jeans and a sportsjacket ASAFP.

Apparently time is circular and they are from the future.

MKR on
    edited November 2008
    ascot wrote: »

No effort required.
    You'll look like all of your other mates.
    Makes it really difficult for someone trying to give description of you to the police.
    Goes well with all that gold jewellery.
    ghettos have more style

you can identify people by their kicks

Faricazy on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You only just learned about chavs? Lucky you.

Moriveth on
    edited November 2008
    mori why is dru being you

Faricazy on
    edited November 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    haha, Chavs, oh my.

British Streets

Yeah my year had the honour of being the year that caused the most expensive property damage up till that point. £1400 I believe it was. Although I imagine that the title has since been passed on.

It must have been a culture shock for you to see UK youth street culture because of course in South Africa you don't actually have any youth street culture because no one hangs out on the streets unless they want to be shot.

Yup, before we left SA we lived in a rented place while my parents sorted out their tickets and stuff, it had bars on both sides of the windows, and to get to the front door you had to open a locked gate to enter a sort of cage thing, then there was a security gate to even get to the front door itself. Household security is a goddamn goldmine over there : b

Junpei on
    edited November 2008
    chavs

what can you do

You can kill them with motherfucking fire is what you can do; and no, Keith, "hicks" doesn't describe this. This is unrestrained wannabe-ism at it's worst. "Hicks" come from a farm. Rednecks live in a rural area that borders on the suburban. Wannabe's...well, like I said:

FIRE.

So you're saying we can kill it with fire?

Garlic Bread on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dumb people live everywhere

film at 11

TheySlashThem on
    edited November 2008
    dumb people live everywhere

film at 11

well, Darth Waiter here solved the problem for us with both edginess and creativity

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »

Do I even want to know how long this shit has been around? *sigh*

Go ahead and tell me.

DUDE AND KEITH EDIT: Mediocrity must be appealing for the pair of you for some reason; I wish you both many retarded children in your bleak and dismal future.

Darth Waiter on
    edited November 2008
    Fucking years and years and year. I came to the UK 10 years ago and it was a very firmly entrenched culture then.

And ascot sums it up pretty well, they dress the same, buy the same cars, like the same kind of girls, speak exactly the goddamn same (badly) and they dot he same stupid shit to their cars.

Junpei on
    edited November 2008

Go ahead and tell me.

I've known about them for as long as I've been on the interbutts, and I first interbutted in the early '90s.

MKR on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Defender wrote: »

Ratios notwithstanding, Big D, there is no excuse for banality.

None.

I'm just saying that it shouldn't be a surprise.

Defender on
    edited November 2008
    Fucking years and years and year. I came to the UK 10 years ago and it was a very firmly entrenched culture then.

And ascot sums it up pretty well, they dress the same, buy the same cars, like the same kind of girls, speak exactly the goddamn same (badly) and they dot he same stupid shit to their cars.

Cars that we pay for!
    probably!

ascot on
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    haha, Chavs, oh my.

British Streets

Yup, before we left SA we lived in a rented place while my parents sorted out their tickets and stuff, it had bars on both sides of the windows, and to get to the front door you had to open a locked gate to enter a sort of cage thing, then there was a security gate to even get to the front door itself. Household security is a goddamn goldmine over there : b

My uncle lives in one of those little housing estates with it's own electric fencing and gate on the front. When I stayed there I was in the caravan in the garage. Needless to say that I didn't feel quite safe enough.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We have these people here too, I guess everybody has their own variety

They've always been called bogans or derros where I'm from, and they generally hang around train stations and usually have an extra tall can of cheap pre-mixed whiskey in their hands

I don't see much of them now that I've stopped needing to take public transport anywhere

Ten on
    edited November 2008

Go ahead and tell me.

Fucking years. Only it used to just be kids hanging around the market squares in little market towns drinking, fighting and listening to hiphop and hardcore dance music because there was fuck all else to do. Now it just seems to be anyone who takes pride in being an illiterate fuckwit.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    Years? Fuck me. Do they burn crosses and shit? Do they claim racial superiority because of their collective ability to smoke errday?

Darth Waiter on
    edited November 2008
    No they just drink cider and try to talk in a Mancunian accent or at least around here they do, for some strange reason. Which is real weird considering where I live.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    We have something like chavs in and around Atlanta.

MKR on
    edited November 2008
    Years? Fuck me. Do they burn crosses and shit? Do they claim racial superiority because of their collective ability to smoke errday?

That's not really the issue.
    I think the fact that they're rewarded by having children at 18, having no desire/intention to work is far worse.
    We're not talking about aloof youngsters sitting in the park gettin' high, it's an entire generation of single parent teenage families who live off state benefits (supplemented by drug dealing and benefit fraud of course!)

ascot on