As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DAMN YOU, BRITAIN!

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    Years? Fuck me. Do they burn crosses and shit? Do they claim racial superiority because of their collective ability to smoke errday?

Jesus

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For the most part they prefer ecstacy to weed, it's cheaper : b

Junpei on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's worse in the 'burbs. It's an everywhere culture where I am but twenty minutes by train into London and it's different. Of course London has it's own variants but it's strangely somehow different and I think a little classier.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's like people periodically get this big revelation that humans are categorically shit-eating beasts who happen to be able to use advanced technology that has accumulated over millennia. I'm pretty convinced that we're like 10% smarter than apes, but that this 10% crosses a kind of critical-mass threshold where we accumulate and pass on knowledge and build on it slightly, largely based on superior communication, whereas apes fall just short. So we're basically like slightly-smarter apes, except that now we have nukes and spaceships.

Fuck it, I'll just post the song.

100% accurate

Defender on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ascot wrote: »
    Years? Fuck me. Do they burn crosses and shit? Do they claim racial superiority because of their collective ability to smoke errday?

That's not really the issue.
    I think the fact that they're rewarded by having children at 18, having no desire/intention to work is far worse.

Wait, the government pays for these fucknauts and their habits? Where's a good rousing round of military conscription when you need one?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    hahahaha pearl jam

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have been brought up to hug a hoodie.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Keith wrote: »

Jesus

What?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ascot wrote: »

That's not really the issue.
    I think the fact that they're rewarded by having children at 18, having no desire/intention to work is far worse.

Wait, the government pays for these fucknauts and their habits? Where's a good rousing round of military conscription when you need one?

Hung up in Parliament probably.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah London is ... different all right. They have the typical chav in droves there too, but not so much in the centre of London because it actually costs money to go there. But if you head out towards edgware, clapton and those places they are fucking everywhere. But they aren't the only ones, when I lived in Hackney one of the guys living in my block used to walk around with a masonry nail through his nose, just because "it makes him feel like a whole person" D:

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    Hung up in Parliament probably.

And sadly, the next iteration of Guy Fawkes has yet to rear his head.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Jesus

What?

It's like you're ignorant or something

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Although to add a sense of balance, I was at a Rancid show last week and halfway through the support act a woman came on to talk about a charity she had started since her daughter was murdered in a happy slapping. The main message of her talk was that it doesn't matter if you're a chav, a punk or a goth etc you should be able to live without the fear of having the shit kicked out of you because of the way you look. immediately after this quite noble and actually pretty inspiring little thing the douchebag leader singer of the band started to talk about how the crowd should go and beat up the first chav they see after leaving the concert.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Even London isn't bad for chavs. It is when you go up..north.*shudder* 98% of the chav population live up there.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Do any other UKers get this sense of claustrophobia when you walk down a street? Like there is an intangible essence of violence in the air even when there is no one around?

I went to Devon last year and it was just not there at all. I kept expecting it but it wasn't there. It was very refreshing. I was wondering if it's a regional thing or just me going mad.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Jesus

What?

I give anyone who comes from a Bumfuckistan state a lot of slack on stuff like this.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BigDes wrote: »
    Although to add a sense of balance, I was at a Rancid show last week and halfway through the support act a woman came on to talk about a charity she had started since her daughter was murdered in a happy slapping. The main message of her talk was that it doesn't matter if you're a chav, a punk or a goth etc you should be able to live without the fear of having the shit kicked out of you because of the way you look. immediately after this quite noble and actually pretty inspiring little thing the douchebag leader singer of the band started to talk about how the crowd should go and beat up the first chav they see after leaving the concert.

I like Tim Armstrong's solo record

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Jesus

What?

Sorry, I don't live in the UK and I don't routinely make it a habit of trying to explain sarcasm to someone who was still in grade school when I was working my way through school.

Edit: College or "university"

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Even London isn't bad for chavs. It is when you go up..north.*shudder* 98% of the chav population live up there.

Fuck...you

Walrus on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    It's like people periodically get this big revelation that humans are categorically shit-eating beasts who happen to be able to use advanced technology that has accumulated over millennia. I'm pretty convinced that we're like 10% smarter than apes, but that this 10% crosses a kind of critical-mass threshold where we accumulate and pass on knowledge and build on it slightly, largely based on superior communication, whereas apes fall just short. So we're basically like slightly-smarter apes, except that now we have nukes and spaceships.

Fuck it, I'll just post the song.

100% accurate

There I was hoping it was Jocko Homo.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

God damn it

Defender on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    Do any other UKers get this sense of claustrophobia when you walk down a street? Like there is an intangible essence of violence in the air even when there is no one around?

I went to Devon last year and it was just not there at all. I kept expecting it but it wasn't there. It was very refreshing. I was wondering if it's a regional thing or just me going mad.

No, not really but then I don't read The Sun.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Jesus

What?

Sorry, I don't live in the UK and I don't routinely make it a habit of trying to explain sarcasm to someone who was still in grade school when I was working my way through school.

So you're saying I'm dumb because I'm younger than you, but you're not dumb because you assumed that people being shitheads isn't a global thing

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This thread was much more fun back when we were hating on chavs.

MKR on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    dumb people live everywhere

film at 11

well, Darth Waiter here solved the problem for us with both edginess and creativity

At least he wasn't elitist about it.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    'Chav' describes the entire youth population of California

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Junpei wrote: »
    Yeah London is ... different all right. They have the typical chav in droves there too, but not so much in the centre of London because it actually costs money to go there.

Bingo. That makes sense and is quite obvious actually. No wonder they hang around the town centres so much. Where I live, just across the street there is a strip of shops and there's almost always a group of kids just sitting on the benches hanging out around the Co-Op. They don't usually cause any problems but I just think, what's the point? I didn't do that when I was fifteen, why would I want to sit outside on a bench in the cold at night? But then again I was never down with the "cool" kids and their ways.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »

film at 11

well, Darth Waiter here solved the problem for us with both edginess and creativity

Elitism wasn't taught in grade schools until 1997 and by then he was already in college, duh

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Defender wrote: »

God damn it

The support band was just awful in general aside from that. Their lyrics were full of America is the devil, capitalism is wrong stuff and they finished their set with the line "Go buy our stuff!"

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If you read the Daily Mail on a regular basis, you'd probably be too scared to leave your house. They say that you can't leave your street without bumping into chavs, homeless people, homosexuals, migrant workers and the Labour party.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »

film at 11

Elitism wasn't taught in grade schools until 1997 and by then he was already in college, duh

The WABTY act.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No, not really but then I don't read The Sun.

I don't read any newspapers. It's probably just me and my rebelling mind.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If you read the Daily Mail on a regular basis, you'd probably be too scared to leave your house. They say that you can't leave your street without bumping into chavs, homeless people, homosexuals, migrant workers and the Labour party.

Apart from homosexuals this sounds like the part of Bedford where I live >.> The gays live in the nicer parts of town for some reason : b

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So you're saying I'm dumb because I'm younger than you, but you're not dumb because you assumed that people being shitheads isn't a global thing

Keith, you are young. Period. I am old. Period. If you're done being an internet badass, then I will cease attempting to relate to you in any way and you and I can go on ignoring each other.

Beyond that, I'm well aware that people being shitheads is global and constant. However, I have the advantage over you in that I can appreciate sarcasm, I'm aware of my worth as an adult and I didn't spend every last minute of the last few years on the internet arguing about how smart I am.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hear that Tony Blair scowers the streets of towns at night leaping on members of the public from the roof of tall buildings in his never ending quest for terrorists.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    WalrusWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There's a genuine problem with youth culture and violence in this country, but unfortunately terms like charver have been purloined by the media to thinly disguise blatent working class hatred. There's been a lot of guardian-esque bleating on this point that I don't agree with entirely, because there is a part of society that it can be applied to - it's just not entirely to do with money. People express outrage at what's going on in the UK but that's what happens when you foster a society like we have over the last 30 odd years.

Walrus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Keith, you are young. Period. I am old. Period. If you're done being an internet badass, then I will cease attempting to relate to you in any way and you and I can go on ignoring each other.

Beyond that, I'm well aware that people being shitheads is global and constant. However, I have the advantage over you in that I can appreciate sarcasm, I'm aware of my worth as an adult and I didn't spend every last minute of the last few years on the internet arguing about how smart I am.

I'm the internet badass here?

I've been playing the wrong role the whole time!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hear that Tony Blair scowers the streets of towns at night leaping on members of the public from the roof of tall buildings in his never ending quest for terrorists.

Good for Tony. I hope he has a chance to utter the phrase, "SWEAR TO ME!"

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Depends where!

Sheffield was lovely. Of course, I did live in the student areas, which is fairly affluent and attractive. Never any problems there!

Again, varies by area.

Felt terribly safe in Sheffield - I loved walking around on my own at night. Worthing? Ugh. It's changed beyong all recognition, and everyone I know hates the town centre - the atmosphere is horrid.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm the internet badass here?

I've been playing the wrong role the whole time!

Or you have something to prove to someone you'll never meet in a medium that could honestly give a shit about either of us. Lemme know when this isn't amusing to you anymore by not responding.

Darth Waiter on