As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Surfin' the [Chat]way

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah if I don't get enough done by 6 I'm pulling my cable out of the wall.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh great, wonderful. I catch a cold yesterday and go to bed early cause I feel like crap. And like, 15 minutes after I fall asleep, what do I get? I text from a girl in one of my classes saying how she is doing nothing and is drunk followed like, 30 seconds later by a text that is just a winking smiling face.

Good one Inquisitor, of all the things to sleep through.

OMG me too. *high five*

About the sick part, not lady friend part.

Fuck im lonely.

Come put me to bed.

Are you drunk?

Female?

Attractive?

In Australia?

Fuck it, id take 3/4 even.

2/4

Sorry, better luck next time.

With enough of one of those we can negate two of the others.

I mean if i'm close enough to you we can do it.

You've lost me.

See you would expect me to mean that if we get drunk enough sex and attractiveness won't matter. But what i'm saying is that because of desperation all we have to do is be in a relatively close proximity for one another for sex and attractiveness to be thrown out of the equation before we do it.

Ahhh.. i getcha. I actually have a bad habit of getting hit on by guys pretty darn often.

Its become a running joke amongst my friends.

Glad to see the talent extends to cyberspace too.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/greedy

Mostly, because you will not date a woman you liked because she is not old enough to drink with you at the bars with you. However if I looked hard enough I bet I could find other places where you have been greedy, but I will not because I am lazy.

So you don't actually know what the word means. Or why people go to bars instead of just chugging whiskey in their bedroom.

I like how you say I didn't use the word correctly when I have the link to the DICTIONARY posted.

Anyways yes it is silly not to date someone who can not legally drink with you in a place that serves alcohol. Are you saying the you spend so much time in a bar that there is no time for a relationship if she can not be with you inside the bar?

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I'm just hanging on his coattails because it's like a roller-coaster that you don't have to pay for

So last night was good eh?
    what

Forgive me.

Bad attempt to make a sex joke by taking a quote out of context.

Its the wee hours of the morning and i've had too much cold medicine.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't have sex with DUE if he was the last man on Earth

but this is strictly because neither of us derive any great pleasure from the act and it would just be awkward in the aftermath vOv

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't have sex with DUE if he was the last man on Earth

but this is strictly because neither of us derive any great pleasure from the act and it would just be awkward in the aftermath vOv

I'm pretty sure the universal reality would suffer an acute fracture from the awkwardness that would arise from that situation.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "So how was that for you?"

"How was what?"

"Yeah me too"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait, you guys don't enjoy sex? o_O

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

Mostly, because you will not date a woman you liked because she is not old enough to drink with you at the bars with you. However if I looked hard enough I bet I could find other places where you have been greedy, but I will not because I am lazy.

So you don't actually know what the word means. Or why people go to bars instead of just chugging whiskey in their bedroom.

I like how you say I didn't use the word correctly when I have the link to the DICTIONARY posted.

Linking a dictionary is great and all but it doesn't support your usage, and I already provided the definition from the real dictionary verbatim.

And the problem isn't that she can't drink in a bar, it's that she can't enter the bar. Given that the only places to hang out in this tiny village I live in are bars and a coffee shop I can't go to anymore, that would be bad. Also there is the creepy-factor. Besides, the point of that whole thing was to have an excuse not to pursue her.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Okay I have an excuse. #><

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Linking a dictionary is great and all but it doesn't support your usage, and I already provided the definition from the real dictionary verbatim.

And the problem isn't that she can't drink in a bar, it's that she can't enter the bar. Given that the only places to hang out in this tiny village I live in are bars and a coffee shop I can't go to anymore, that would be bad. Also there is the creepy-factor. Besides, the point of that whole thing was to have an excuse not to pursue her.

Im probably missing something but, how is his choice of who to and not to date, any of your business to start insulting him?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This report has the best references.

Snow, 1996, showed that....

According to Woo, 2005.....

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Anyways yes it is silly not to date someone who can not legally drink with you in a place that serves alcohol. Are you saying the you spend so much time in a bar that there is no time for a relationship if she can not be with you inside the bar?

Furthermore it's not like this isn't a problem that can't be circumvented.

edit: oh you don't want to pursue her. this makes sense.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Are you surprised by Obo not enjoying intimacy?

Tav on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No. I do. But probably for the wrong reasons.

What?

Actually holy shit I don't know if I enjoy the actual deed of sex. I usually just end up. . .okay overshare nevermind.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wouldn't VC not pursuing a woman because he deemed her too young make him NOT greedy?

You could perhaps accuse him of selfishness, at worst.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Btw Obo this is not related to the current discussion but how are you going right now.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Im probably missing something but, how is his choice of who to and not to date, any of your business to start insulting him?

shut up I will not explain it. If you are curious then look at the last page of the last chat.

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

True. I guess the shock of that was more directed at DUE.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Btw Obo this is not related to the current discussion but how are you going right now.
    How am I going what where?! D:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    How am I going what where?! D:

The shit you slammed. I've been worried.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Arghh why couldn't you PM me that

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I didn't deny the "angry" part.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't enjoy sex.
    That isn't with Morninglord

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Insulting who? It's VC who refuses to date a girl just because she's 20.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

True. I guess the shock of that was more directed at DUE.

Nah I enjoy it I just react to things strangely at times.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wouldn't VC not pursuing a woman because he deemed her too young make him NOT greedy?

greedy for the drink in the bars, not the girl. In general the drink should not come before relationships. However VC has already said he was using the bar as an excuse not to date her, becuase he was looking for an excuse.

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No. I do. But probably for the wrong reasons.

What?

Actually holy shit I don't know if I enjoy the actual deed of sex. I usually just end up. . .okay overshare nevermind.

Who likes sex? I like cumming all over men's fac-

Oops. Probably too much info.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Honestly I don't see how VC deciding not to try to get a date with a girl isn't more charitable than selfish.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How is it not? I insult people due to personal issues all the time.

Hell, I'm going to go ahead and say you can go suck eggs due to your tooth-brushing practices. It's not side to side asshole, it's small circles. Chew on that.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't enjoy sex.
    That isn't with Morninglord

That is the best nested spoiler ever.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    J-E-T-S

JETS
    JETS
    JETS

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Insulting who? It's VC who refuses to date a girl just because she's 20.

Im not defending his decision, i think its silly too. However all the attacks on him don't really seem called for.

That said, he could of started it, i may of missed something.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    my heart has worse rhythm than a white teenage boy from the hamptons

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Honestly I don't see how VC deciding not to try to get a date with a girl isn't more charitable than selfish.

I'm sure that, at specific times when the planets are in the correct alignment and the appropiate sacrifices to the gods have been made, you are a lovely person.
    kidding. except for the occasional meanness-without-a-cause, you seem like a lovely guy

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    All the sex I have had since I broke up with my ex feels pretty meaningless, to be honest. Like it's nothing more than slight release - there is sex that is genuinely enjoyed but if I have sex with people I don't love then I am not really that into it. I bet that doesn't make any sense, but these fries are delicious.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    People don't like how VC puts words together on an internet forum.

Now, for some infantile reason, same people think this means they can jump all over him whenever they like, act like two year olds throwing mud at another grade schooler and point to bullshit past deeds nobody cares about and feel smug.

I don't get it either.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    all of my sex is with people that i do not care about.

this is the awkward thing that was being referred to earlier btw.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

hi

I guess this makes us sex buddies

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2008

hi

I guess this makes us sex buddies

stand back i can hear reality tearing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.