As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EVE Online Empyrean Age: Not like the trailer but still really good

• MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't even get into EVE right now. It tells me that there's a patch available, so I download it. Then it tells me that it needs to restart to install the patch, I hit okay, and it crashes. I come back in and it does the same thing over and over. My EVE game is on Steam, so would that have something to do with it? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yeah I had the same problem. I had to open EvE outside of steam let the patch clear then let EvE close then the patching began. After that it worked fine in Steam again.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BoB just declared war on GoonSwarm and set AAA blue.

We need to revamp the motherfucking OP stat.

Wait, when did BoB and GoonSwarm stop fighting the first time? I haven't kept up with Eve in a long time so forgive my stupidity.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darmak wrote: »

Wait, when did BoB and GoonSwarm stop fighting the first time? I haven't kept up with Eve in a long time so forgive my stupidity.
    I thought when it became boring trying to crush BoB. You just dodged doomsdays the whole time.

electricitylikesme on
  • Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I thought when it became boring trying to crush BoB. You just dodged doomsdays the whole time.

From my understanding, due to an overlooked feature from CCP, AKA jump-jammers, BoB was able pull back to a few secure 'last line of defense' sov.4 systems and deploy Jammers that would deny enemy fleets their support from being deployed such as Dreads, Carriers, Titans, etc. This halted the "Great Push" because these systems are near impossible to capture due to the fact BoB can mass their support in these systems while RSF can't. We just grew tired of fucking wating to take these systems down one at a time.

I never did find out if CCP ever fixed jammers.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jammers people can get around, Its the fact that you can bridge in capitals and the fact that titans are overpowered that has never been fixed.

I still remember the cov ops reports from QY6...

The jammer is surrounded by 6 titans, 10 motherships, and 20 carriers...

5 hours later...

The jammer is still surrounded by 6 titans, 10 motherships, and 20 carriers.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    that's actually completely misstated and I should know since I was fcing most of those ops :)

bob didn't defend against jammer takedowns with titans except for a few rare exceptions, like in c3n where fire hawk ended up killing his gunners. typically they just had 30-40 BS sitting a bridge away, and that was enough to deter us, since we couldn't get that many bs in gang ,let alone t2 fit ones, plus we were dealing with pos guns

the rrbs strat i invented was flawed because it took too long to take down the jammer, and i was too resistant to adapting to setups that razor used which would've worked a bit better. we finally got going on those types of setups near the end when we attacking a2-, but by then the delve campaign was well past over. it didn't help that goons were ordered by directors to take a2- many many times, wasting a ton of time and effort

StormyWaters on
    edited November 2008
    Argh, I tried to upgrade my oooooolllllllld trial account to a full account but my card isn't being authorized. I'm going to assume it's because it's an overseas transaction but either way it sucks. I filed a petition on the website but in the meantime while I wait for a response is there any other way I could perhaps sign up? Could I use one of those time cards to do it?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • MacenMacen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I want to play! But, downloading 3gb of Eve over Steam (the only reliable download I can find that doesn't error out halfway through) at 11 kb/s is taking some time!

Hope to see you all in game within the next week.

Macen on
  • JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Macen wrote: »
    I want to play! But, downloading 3gb of Eve over Steam (the only reliable download I can find that doesn't error out halfway through) at 11 kb/s is taking some time!

http://www.eve-online.com/download/

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cliffskicliffski Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    when are they going to put in the ambulation thing? Is it still far off?

It tends to be the patch after the current patch, where current patch is a moving target.

cliffski on
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote: »

Yeah... tried that one a few times... :) It errors out because my satellite internet is crappy. 3 times in a row i would get 50% from Eve-Online.com and it would error. So, figured I would go through steam. Its at 40% now, so! :)

Macen on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote: »

Yeah... tried that one a few times... :) It errors out because my satellite internet is crappy. 3 times in a row i would get 50% from Eve-Online.com and it would error. So, figured I would go through steam. Its at 40% now, so! :)

Yeah, you should consider yourself lucky to even be able to post with satallite internet. D:

Buttcleft on
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Try downloading it through Firefox with a download manager addon. I used one called DownThemAll! and they speed it up somewhat, plus let you resume downloads when they error out. Just took about 20 minutes to get past 99% for some reason.

Antithesis on
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my urge to return to eve is great... but i don't know, so much has changed since i left

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    edited November 2008
    Well, I bought a timecard and now I'm back in-game with my old trial account and I don't remember anything at all about the game. I think I'll just try and do the tutorial again (I'll make a new character if I have to) and see what there is to do.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    for some reason I keep an eve account and keep training sporadically even though I don't ever seem to find the time to settle down and learn the game/do something for GS

JohnnyCache on
    edited November 2008
    Antithesis wrote: »

Try downloading it through Firefox with a download manager addon. I used one called DownThemAll! and they speed it up somewhat, plus let you resume downloads when they error out. Just took about 20 minutes to get past 99% for some reason.

I tried downloading this before, I will try to pick it up again. Thanks man.

Macen on
    edited November 2008

So, I got DownThemAll to work. Woke up this morning and my download was at 99% (and paused) I had to log into my internet provider (which I did) then I went back and it was gone! I check my entire computer and it is nowhere to be found... :( Another two days to download it again... and I should be getting Fallout 3 here soon so its going to have a competitor.

Macen on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So, I got DownThemAll to work. Woke up this morning and my download was at 99% (and paused) I had to log into my internet provider (which I did) then I went back and it was gone! I check my entire computer and it is nowhere to be found... :( Another two days to download it again... and I should be getting Fallout 3 here soon so its going to have a competitor.

Are you sure its gone? Because downthemall has a tendency to hide things, it really annoys me.

Check where you have it to download files, and check well.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I played this game back before and during the first BoB war. I stopped when it kinda petered out in Delve and the alliance I was in (Morsus Mihi) went back to carebearing it up in the north.

Now seems to be like a good time to come back, maybe start a new character. Am I right?

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
    edited November 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    Are you sure its gone? Because downthemall has a tendency to hide things, it really annoys me.

Check where you have it to download files, and check well.

Yeah, I dunno where it went. I only have like 8 things in my Download folder (the one I have it DTA set up to download to) and it's not in there. I also did a system scan for EVE and didn't find it. I got it started again though.

Macen on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uh, does the guy with satellite internet realize that you probably can't play with an innate 3000ms ping time?

electricitylikesme on
    edited November 2008
    Uh, does the guy with satellite internet realize that you probably can't play with an innate 3000ms ping time?

My buddies ping 1200-1600 on average in wow. And I could play WAR without too many issues. Its not GREAT, but its playable.

Macen on
  • KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    my urge to return to eve is great... but i don't know, so much has changed since i left
    Same boat.
    I dunno, I have almost a full month off from work, so maybe I'll have to actually play a game again.
    Downloading client, we'll see where it goes from there.

Hey, what was the deal with the 21-day trial thing I saw a while back?
    Is that still around, or is it back to 14 days?

Nevermind the above, found the Steam trial.

Kivutar on
    edited November 2008
    Just read up on the 1000+ battle Goon and our French overlords won. After Thanksgiving, I'm going to join up with the swarm again.

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
    edited November 2008
    I'm curious, is MerchI still taking applications? I'm not planning on applying just yet but when I do I was wondering if it would be alright if a friend of mine who doesn't read PA or even visit the forums also applied? I know it's a PA corp and all but he's a RL friend of mine who got into this game to play with me so I just wanted to know before I applied or not.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited November 2008
    I'm curious, is MerchI still taking applications? I'm not planning on applying just yet but when I do I was wondering if it would be alright if a friend of mine who doesn't read PA or even visit the forums also applied? I know it's a PA corp and all but he's a RL friend of mine who got into this game to play with me so I just wanted to know before I applied or not.

Spy detected!

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
    edited November 2008
    :rotate:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited November 2008
    App. Dropped.

I’m fluffable, huggable, and oh so lovable.

Please hire me. :'0

Dr.Oblivious on

Bad+Dreamer.png
  • RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just got into this again, invisible blockade runners sold me.

Dropped an ap in with you guys so I'll hopefully have something to do other than sit in space being bored.

RawrBear on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Edit: nevermind

LoneIgadzra on
  • LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    *Bump*

Looks like I still have a 21-day trial I can give to the first person to PM me their email address.

With this trial comes my personal offer of help learning the game and having fun.

LoneIgadzra on
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm gonna throw in an app later tonight. Getting sick of FW in empire, so i figure its about time i get back to proper pvp. Any requirements for joining?

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just joined merchi with a new char... not sure what to do now really. already applied to the corp forums and the goonfleet forums.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Lockout wrote: »
    I just joined merchi with a new char... not sure what to do now really. already applied to the corp forums and the goonfleet forums.

Contact me in-game if you want (Darmak X99) to talk more, but pretty much whatever you want. If you want to mine we can help set you up with that, and we have a wonderful program set up to help newbs (like you and I, because I'm still new too) us get into pvp without having to worry about ships and the like. Just ask anyone in corp, everyone I've met so far has been really friendly.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    just an FYI, if you're interested in joining us we are a paranoid bunch and if you create a forum account on this forum, and then 15s later apply to join us inside EvE we'll probably tell you no thanks. We're in active hostilities and the meta-gaming of spying / attempting to steal assets in game is very strong and while a lot of us aren't highly active PA forum posters we have old(er) accounts as well.

We've already had this happen once in the last 30d, and our anti-spy methodologies actually caught the guy. It appeared he was recording team speak, and using anonymizers to visit the forums where his IP was different every time. So some folks take spying seriously.

Trekkie on
    Eve Online: Zareph
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whats going on these days? BoB dead yet?

rts on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lockout wrote: »

Contact me in-game if you want (Darmak X99) to talk more, but pretty much whatever you want. If you want to mine we can help set you up with that, and we have a wonderful program set up to help newbs (like you and I, because I'm still new too) us get into pvp without having to worry about ships and the like. Just ask anyone in corp, everyone I've met so far has been really friendly.

yeah, i wanted to get into pvp, i wasn't sure where to start. I'll ask around in corp chat tomorrow, don't really have any time to dedicate right now. thanks

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • SparthSparth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The scary thing is that this thread gives me the desire to try eve again.

Sparth on
    435718-1.png
    Sparth.png
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Application sent in.

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."