As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SDCC

GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
edited February 2007 in Graphic Violence
So I registered online the other day. Who else is coming this year? The passed few years I've hung out with Bogey, the wook and a bunch of other people from the forum. Bogey and I had the best time last year since I managed to win a spot on the [adult swim] party list. Anyway, hotel registration is open on Feb. 6 so you'd better be on that if you are planning to go there from out of town. I think I might save up this year and get a commission from Neal Adams or Adam Hughes or somebody else whose artwork I admire. I didn't get anything big last year so I want to make up for it this year.

[edit] For those who don't know http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

Grifter on

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Mac and I will most likely be covering it as press again for our website, so we'd look forward to seeing PA crew out and about.

Tach on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If bobgorila flies from merry olde England I am so there. That's just cause I want to sex him.

Errr, I mean I want to fuck him...

It's a week after Otakon so I'll probably just end up hitting that. :v

animale on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You're so crude.

I am too poor to fly, and I do not have wings.

And besides, you're broken.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2007
    I'd really like to go, but PAX is much more realistic for me.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    I would like to go, but it is so fucking expensive and I have school

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yeah i will be there again

looking forward to seeing you grifter

the wook on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    oh god I am going to try sooooo hard to go

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I live in San Diego. I'll totally be there.

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    the wook wrote:
    yeah i will be there again

looking forward to seeing you grifter

Excellent. I look forward to many a gay innuendo while we toast yards of brew.

Grifter on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    SDCC is really a blast, you guys, and it keeps getting better and better. Plus it's a good reason to meet up and hang out with people you've been talking to on here.

I don't know how the hell we're going to be able to top last year, Grifter, but we're sure going to try! :o

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I live in San Diego, so I'll probably be going.

Word of advice, I worked at a hotel in Downtown SD for 3 years straight... RESERVE YOUR ROOM FAR IN ADVANCE!!!
    In fact, you might even be better off checking on campsites or staying with a friend. During the SDCC, even the little Days Inn I worked at would go for over $200 a night.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    You're a good citizen

can I stay at your place?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    You're a good citizen

can I stay at your place?

Heh, well, my little studio apartment isn't exactly big on space.
    Such is the plight of this poor college student.
    :wink:

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I am pretty sure I am going to be able to go this year.

Me and my dad are working out the details now.

SO EXCITED

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My best friend and I agreed we would have to go to this, and then I upped and move to another continent for the year. So, I think it's safe to say I won't be going.

For the people who are going, be sure to bring back lots of stories. I expect Con Reports from each and every one of you.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    i will have some of you buy me stuff while you're there

with your money

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Bogey wrote:
    SDCC is really a blast, you guys, and it keeps getting better and better. Plus it's a good reason to meet up and hang out with people you've been talking to on here.

I don't know how the hell we're going to be able to top last year, Grifter, but we're sure going to try! :o

Maybe we'll get to go to a super secret DC party instead of the [adult swim] party that we went to last year! I don't know, mate. Last year was a amazing convention all around. It will most certainly be hard to beat that booze cruise hanging out with Master Shake.

Grifter on