Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gonna be sending out my santee's gift later this week, heading to lovely Canada.

Anything I should do when posting apart from marking as a gift?

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh my, you are going to eat 100g of chocolate?

wait... woudn't you just be able to put it on the other gift because of its low weight?

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Beer!
    I wish Robert Simpson beer was really awesome, because it's pretty much the only thing my hometown actually contributes to the world.

My Santee's stuff is all en route to its destination, and should be arriving early next week. Amusingly, now that I have it all taken care of, a part of my mind is thinking "Well, that was a fun Secret Santa, I should do it again next year!" I feel like it's over now, and I have to keep reminding myself "Wait, I'm going to be getting a gift, and it will probably be really neat."

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Santee, your package is 30 miles outside of your city. As you mentioned, It will take a couple of days to be processed and sent to your Dorm.

Provided your address you sent me is correct. Google Maps doesn't seem to like it.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gonna be sending out my santee's gift later this week, heading to lovely Canada.

Anything I should do when posting apart from marking as a gift?
    Claim the contents of the package are worth under $40 so they don't have to pay any dumb taxes. I claimed mine as a whopping $18.

Battle.net ID: Jaef#1126 -- Steam: Jaef -- PSN: Jaef -- League of Legends: Jaef
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear Santee,

Your present seems to be moving at lightning fast speed, as I mailed it a day or two ago and it is already across the border. INCOMING FUN!

love,

Santa

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    What you do is you put the painting in a special briefcase and snap it in half and then give it to Thomas Crown and he'll figure out a way.

Only if it was Thomas Crown from the original, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Mighty wrote: »
    wait... woudn't you just be able to put it on the other gift because of its low weight?

Doh, that was far too sensible! Ah well, I'll remember that for next year!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I finished filming a video for my santee today (non erotic, unless you get off on comedy) and bought their final present.
    Alls I have to do now is edit it, make a card and send all the stuff off.
    I hope my santee appreciates my humor.

balloonssig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    What you do is you put the painting in a special briefcase and snap it in half and then give it to Thomas Crown and he'll figure out a way.

Only if it was Thomas Crown from the original, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Doh, that was far too sensible! Ah well, I'll remember that for next year!

you wanted an excuse to eat chocolate... admit it!!

=)

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Damn guys. Not one gift that hasn't been made of pure weapons grade Awesomium.

I had a hard time reading this word. I was like, "Grade A....some. Damn it." I speak [strike]good[/strike] well.

Also, nice job with that packing. Looks like nothing was broken.

I'd pronounce it "Ah-SOH-mee-um" or "Ah-suh-MEE-um".

Also, nice beer haul. Also Also, fear not Santee, item one of your gift has arrived and once the other items arrive, all that's left is to pack some other minor goodies and ship it to you post-haste!

It is a pretend word, I wouldn't sweat it.

I'm 42% Awesomium
    bender2gj7.jpg

ix3uu000mwdx.jpg
    3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    /sigh.

This will be my 2nd year of lurking the Secret Santa thread and wishing I had the financial balls to take part.

Next year, I will be a Santa consisting of at least 5/8ths Awesomium.

OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    edited November 2008
    you wanted an excuse to eat chocolate... admit it!! =)

Who needs an excuse?

• elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Also would my real Santa please stand up?

Here. Yeah, my gift was somewhat lacking because I couldn't get all stuff I wanted. At least I guess it is somewhat more inspired than than my idea before this one (whole lotta comics). But my original plan was to get complete discography (and some autographs) of certain band you listen according to your LiveJournal.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    In other news; I haven't received my package yet. I just hope that my santee didn't try to sent it using surface mail, because then it will be surely disappear / be destroyed during journey. :(

Hypnotically inclined.
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just got a message by proxy from my SS letting me know he hadn't forgotten about me. S/he's going through finals, which I completely understand, as I'm just about to go through those myself. So no worries Secret Santa, good luck!

Spoiler:
  • wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh, FYI to all santees who haven't received a gift, my stuff was sent out late last week. All of it should arrive by the end of the week.

although, i guess I should say every santee except me, since I didn't get myself as a santee, and am still waiting patiently for my mysterious package to arrive.

edited November 2008
    I was all excited to check where my santee's package is today, then I just realized it was Sunday.

*facepalm*

• FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was all excited to check where my santee's package is today, then I just realized it was Sunday.

*facepalm*

Yeah really. Clearly it's at church.

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
    edited November 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

*facepalm*

My santee was Jesus. Hopefully he posts the pics on here sometime today.

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited November 2008

*facepalm*

My santee was Jesus. Hopefully he posts the pics on here sometime today.

You'll probably have to wait three days though.

• PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just wanted to thank my santa SoCo_and_Lime again for Watchmen. I'd never read a graphic novel before, so didn't really know what to expect, but I can't put it down.

It's an amazing book, and I have been introduced to a whole now genre! When I'm finished I'll have to ask for some recommendations.

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Pemulis wrote: »
    I just wanted to thank my santa SoCo_and_Lime again for Watchmen. I'd never read a graphic novel before, so didn't really know what to expect, but I can't put it down.

It's an amazing book, and I have been introduced to a whole now genre! When I'm finished I'll have to ask for some recommendations.

Thanks!

It's very likely a lot more will be receiving similar gifts, so you might get some good ideas from what they get :)

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm still wondering who my santa is and if I will really be getting a second gift for play about half of sneak king...

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

*facepalm*

I did the same thing today. *double facepalm*

EDIT: Well, except that I went out to my mailbox to check.

• SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Thanks!

If you ask for those recommendations in here I'm sure I and some other can help you out with that.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Schide wrote: »

Thanks!

If you ask for those recommendations in here I'm sure I and some other can help you out with that.

Great!

steam_sig.png
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am waiting on 1 little thing to arrive, then both of my santee's gifs are out the door.

camo_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    So, I've re-wrapped my Santee's gift, not eaten any of the chocolate (!), and re-wrapped the stuff I took out. I'll post it tomorrow.

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear Santee,

Phase 1 (or possibly Phase 2 depending on which arrives first) has been ordered direct to your house, and the other phase will be mailed by me tomorrow (if I can find time to.)

Unfortunately, I forgot to request gift wrapping on the phase thats going straight to your house, so be excited opening the box instead.

Yay Christmas.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, I've re-wrapped my Santee's gift, not eaten any of the chocolate (!), and re-wrapped the stuff I took out. I'll post it tomorrow.

Everytime someone makes this post, I get all giddy that it might be for me.

ix3uu000mwdx.jpg
    3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How long does it take to post to the states? I keep adding tiny little things to my parcel and I haven't posted it yet.

I'm useless!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Xbox Live: SirGrinch X
    edited November 2008
    Last posting date for first class is 12th December, it normally takes about 10 days, but last year I posted Tycho's late and he didn't get it til after Christmas. I'd plan to post by 6th to be safe.

edited November 2008
    Package wrapped, organized, packaged, and taped like a mother fucker.

Congratulations Santee, it's a healthy package! 11 lbs, 6 oz... 22 inches long.

Sending off tomorrow. It's only an 8-hour drive to your city from me, so I hope it arrives this week.

(Canada Post estimates 6 business days.. but they're stupid)

daniant wrote:
    edited November 2008
    Package wrapped, organized, packaged, and taped like a mother fucker.

Congratulations Santee, it's a healthy package! 11 lbs, 6 oz... 22 inches long.

Sending off tomorrow. It's only an 8-hour drive to your city from me, so I hope it arrives this week.

(Canada Post estimates 6 business days.. but they're stupid)

Well, hm... canada... and 8 hours from it...

Guess its not me... sitting here in the central mid-west

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've learned to always trust canada posts shipping estimates..Why? Because when things get to my city early, which they often do , they just leave it sitting in the depot for 3 or 4 days until the service standard delivery date arrives, thats just how they roll

WII U NNID- talios
    steam-taliosfalcon
    XBL-AdeptPenguin
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, I think one more small thing should complete my package. Hopefully it'll get sent out this week.

Spoiler:

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've learned to always trust canada posts shipping estimates..Why? Because when things get to my city early, which they often do , they just leave it sitting in the depot for 3 or 4 days until the service standard delivery date arrives, thats just how they roll

For me thats not true...

Ordered something from Amazon using the free super save (5 - 7 day estimate) was shipped and at my door the next day. Ordered something from the RobotShop, same shipping estimate, was there within two or three days.

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was filling out the details for my gift at work on Friday and was trying to explain to my co-workers what I was doing and they could not understand that i was exchanging gifts with strangers.... FROM THE INTERNET! And that it was my third year doing so.

steam_sig.png
    gamertag: Canadianllama
    edited December 2008
    Disco11 wrote: »
    I was filling out the details for my gift at work on Friday and was trying to explain to my co-workers what I was doing and they could not understand that i was exchanging gifts with strangers.... FROM THE INTERNET! And that it was my third year doing so.

My GF doesn't get it either. She makes fun of my because I'm done shopping for my stranger before my family. But.. I don't have to ship the gifts to my family.. so :P

daniant wrote:
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Disco11 wrote: »

My GF doesn't get it either. She makes fun of my because I'm done shopping for my stranger before my family. But.. I don't have to ship the gifts to my family.. so :P

I just told people I was selling it on ebay.

Far less questions.

This discussion has been closed.