Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    I was filling out the details for my gift at work on Friday and was trying to explain to my co-workers what I was doing and they could not understand that i was exchanging gifts with strangers.... FROM THE INTERNET! And that it was my third year doing so.

My GF doesn't get it either. She makes fun of my because I'm done shopping for my stranger before my family. But.. I don't have to ship the gifts to my family.. so :P

My wife gets it - it just amuses the hell out of her how much fun I have with it. Since she's not a geek, she just doesn't get how cool some of the stuff she's bought me in the past is, and I don't get to get her stuff that I also would like (except for, ahem, certain articles of clothing - as an admirer, not wearer, assholes). She knows this is the one time, all year, where I get to truly enjoy shopping for someone else.

JudgeZed.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it wrong that I don't want to do Secret Santa with my cousins, but participated here?

I know nothing about my cousins or you people, but you are all easier to stalk (and have similar interests).

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
  • AsiinaAsiina Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I didn't mind doing secret santa in university with the club I was part of. Except a lot of them were NSFW gifts and it was always a little weird buying like, chocolate dangly bits and edible underwear for other people.

I had some weird friends.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was filling out the details for my gift at work on Friday and was trying to explain to my co-workers what I was doing and they could not understand that i was exchanging gifts with strangers.... FROM THE INTERNET! And that it was my third year doing so.

My GF doesn't get it either. She makes fun of my because I'm done shopping for my stranger before my family. But.. I don't have to ship the gifts to my family.. so :P

This is why I don't say anything about it to IRL peoples.

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    I didn't mind doing secret santa in university with the club I was part of. Except a lot of them were NSFW gifts and it was always a little weird buying like, chocolate dangly bits and edible underwear for other people.

I had some weird friends.

Heh - sounds like my freshman year secret Santa. I got body frosting. It was funny tasting - applied or not.

JudgeZed.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ok. I've got all the gift elements of the complete package to go off to my Santee as soon as possible.

Now I'm just waiting to finish this essay on mathematical principles and music or something so I can put a copy of it in there. Should be a great (read: horrendous) read for whoever my Santee is. But they said they like music, so hey, I'm just giving them a really solid taste of it.

steam_sig.png PSN:Icemopper
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, December 1st and I still haven't sent mine off yet. I have, however, begun to compile the stuffs, so I guess that's something. My brother should be done with his part within a few days, and I am waiting on a parcel to arrive in the coming days as well. In the meantime, I still need to get on the ball with my not-so-artistically crafted part. My goal, Santee, is to have everything compiled, and possibly shipped, by the 5th. Wish me luck, Santee!

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

My friends think its weird, and the look on my husband's face when he saw how much the shipping costs were - worse, he asked if I'd have paid it if he hadn't been there - my reply? long pause... maybe. Ha, ha, ha, they know I'm a bit strange, anyway!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I see it as my Christmas present to the forums. I'm sure if you added up all the time I spend browsing here, especially bearing in mind it's up fairly constantly in the background at work when I'm on the computer, the total would be quite terrifying! (Not least to my boss...)

• ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Package wrapped, organized, packaged, and taped like a mother fucker.

Congratulations Santee, it's a healthy package! 11 lbs, 6 oz... 22 inches long.

Sending off tomorrow. It's only an 8-hour drive to your city from me, so I hope it arrives this week.

(Canada Post estimates 6 business days.. but they're stupid)

After seeing where you live from your website, it could very well be me, or it could not be me...gotta wait.:P

*edit* After asking my wife how far away I live from where your website says you do...most likely not.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My other half helped me wrap and pick mine so she's behind it (although I think she considers it a bit odd).

The more entertaining part is sending the gift out, I kind of forget I get one in return so it's an awesome surprise when it turns up :)

Also it's fun to ship stuff overseas that folks wouldn't normally be able to get, even daft stuff like local chocolate etc.

There's one item I wanted to get though that I just couldn't, and I've delayed too long waiting to see if it'll become available so I'm going to have to leave it out.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Xbox Live: SirGrinch X
  • AsiinaAsiina Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    There's one item I wanted to get though that I just couldn't, and I've delayed too long waiting to see if it'll become available so I'm going to have to leave it out.

I had to do the same thing with some delicious candy. I wanted to get something and it's near impossible to find in stores these days. Except my mother knew someone at work who said she'd buy it. So I waited and waited and waited while she kept forgetting to buy it and then leaving it at home. In the meantime snow/rain had covered everything and it was now difficult to get to the post office. Finally she had left a message on her own home phone to remember to bring it in, but when she got home she found out the dog ate it.

That's right Santee, the dog ate your present.

So rather than wait any longer I just sent off the gift with a different, less awesome, candy in it.

• darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm starting to worry that the thing I ordered a few weeks ago won't show up in time to post it out for Christmas :( I do not want to go changing plans, damnit.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just a heads up to my Santa, I'll be out of town from the 20th to the 28th. So if you want me to get the gift and post images along with praise/hate right when it gets here, then plan accordingly.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'll be out of town from the 22nd to January, at my parents' house.

I provided that address as well, so everything should be good.

• Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Woooooot. Got a package this morning from area. Inside it contained a live Hootie and the Blowfish DVD (WOOT best band ever), a radiometer, and 1600 MS points. Thanks for the gifts! Merry Christmas

Also, Santee, be on the lookout, your present was mailed Wednesday, you should be getting it any time now

• areaarea Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    Woooooot. Got a package this morning from area. Inside it contained a live Hootie and the Blowfish DVD (WOOT best band ever), a radiometer, and 1600 MS points. Thanks for the gifts! Merry Christmas

<3. The tracking number said it was delivered early last week, and I've been gently panicking since. Glad to hear that everything got there :).

minisig.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Santee. Please don't fret. You've not been forgotten.

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Should I watch Paprika subbed or dubbed? I seem to remember hearing it's one of the better dubs, but then again...

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Ok. I've got all the gift elements of the complete package to go off to my Santee as soon as possible.

Now I'm just waiting to finish this essay on mathematical principles and music or something so I can put a copy of it in there. Should be a great (read: horrendous) read for whoever my Santee is. But they said they like music, so hey, I'm just giving them a really solid taste of it.

Are you my santa?

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Package is in Minnesota right now. That is near Canada, right?

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Package is in Minnesota right now. That is near Canada, right?

Right on the border.

L8mev5M.jpg
    edited December 2008

Are you my santa?

I cannot reveal this information at this time, as the essay is not nearly done, but it needs to be by tonight.
    Spoiler:

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited December 2008

Are you my santa?

I cannot reveal this information at this time, as the essay is not nearly done, but it needs to be by tonight.
    Spoiler:

No reason. It's only... I just happened to look behind us and something is there.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Slagmire wrote: »

Are you my santa?

Spoiler:

No reason. It's only... I just happened to look behind us and something is there.

Probably just a local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night through... Eel-infested waters...

L8mev5M.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Inconceivable!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    darunia106 wrote: »

Are you my santa?

Spoiler:

Probably just a local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night through... Eel-infested waters...

He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    my gift is still in production

Granted, it is moving along, but still in production. I hope my santee appreciates that the model has undergone several revisions and that the final model is only somewhat ugly.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Should I watch Paprika subbed or dubbed? I seem to remember hearing it's one of the better dubs, but then again...

The dub was pretty good, yah.

Speaking of significant others, my Santa asked via proxy what kind of video game tastes my fiancee has. Now THAT is classy and awesome. Though the fiancee is now terrified, because the main association she makes with the site/forums is the fruit fucker.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Apparently my stuff has been passed to US postal services for delivery! If it dissapears in transit it's officially your country's fault now Santee.

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Part 1 of my santee's gift was sent last week...part 2 will be sent (maybe) today. :)

• Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My package has been successfully delivered to my Santee today, sparing me the Banhammer. Hopefully.

You better post pictures of it when you actually receive it in a couple of days.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • TheOne(AndOnly)TheOne(AndOnly) Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Got my gift, and it was awesome!

Rondo of Swords for my DS
    Serenity for my movie rack and
    The Alphabet of Manliness for my book case.

Thank you very much for the bitching gifts, and hopefully I can get my gift out soon.

BNet USEast: Lampley | PKBlack FC:1850-1035-3335 | LoL PATheOneAndOnly
    PSN: Lqmpley | Steam: TheOne(AndOnly)
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For anyone that hasn't ordered their gifts today, thinkgeek is doing free shipping.

Spoiler:
  • WetsunWetsun Registered User
    edited December 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    For anyone that hasn't ordered their gifts today, thinkgeek is doing free shipping.

Don't know if you can combine checkout codes. I'm guessing not, in which case they usually have a $10 coupon code floating around on google and shipping is usually less than $10.

XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Shady3011Shady3011 they cant troll you if there dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I got my Santa's gift early last week. While I did let Doc know I got the gift, I didn't get around to posting pictures. I hope my Santa isn't too mad at me. I was sick most of last week and the Thanksgiving holiday kept me pretty busy as well. Now that I'm well and things have settled down I can finally post my spoils!

First off, this what I was greeted to when I stumbled out of bed last week.
    Spoiler:

I proceed to open the box and what am I greeted to?
    Spoiler:

Penis jokes!
    Spoiler:

A nice greeting card was right on top these pictures.
    Spoiler:

More gifts? Are you insane? Probably but I like the cut of your jib!

Now, we finally get to the first present.
    Spoiler:

Hooray for no unions!
    Spoiler:

I know what I'm spending those points on.

We dig deeper into the package. As you can see, there is a lot in this box.
    Spoiler:

I don't know about you, but that gift with Mega Man on it caught my eye immediately.
    Spoiler:

Looks like my Santa has been digging around.

The gift wrapping is pretty sweet.
    Spoiler:

But what's inside?
    Spoiler:

Holy snap, crackle, and pop! 10 inches of Mega awesomeness. :winky:
    Spoiler:

He'll defend my house from pesky kids who keep touching my stuff. :x

Now we move on to this nice box.
    Spoiler:

While I thought it would make a great shoe box, I was surprise to find out it actually had stuff inside!
    Spoiler:

Wait, what does that say?
    Spoiler:

While I like fish tacos, I wouldn't want to be stabbed with one. Point taken.

So, how shall I feast on my wings?
    Spoiler:

I have to admit, I haven't used blue cheese on wings before. You'd think I'd have done it by now since I do like it better than ranch.

Oh yeah, did someone say candy?
    Spoiler:

That sponge candy was awesome. Not sure if I can pick that up anywhere around here. For shame. D:

Since I'm more of a chocolate lover, the lollipops went to my sisters. Thank goodness too since one of them wouldn't stop singing that damn candy song. :x

Time to move on to the next gift.
    Spoiler:

I can't tell what this is. I need some kind of clue.
    Spoiler:

Key criteria? What the hell are you jabbering about? Let's open this bad boy up.
    Spoiler:

OMGWTFBBQ MY CAPS LOCK BROKE!
    Spoiler:

What the? Something's not right here.
    Spoiler:

That's better. This gift totally caught me off guard. I wanted to buy one of these but missed my chance. Luckily, my Santa's got my back.

Moving right along, the next gift is a bit haunting.
    Spoiler:

My chances don't look good? What do I do?
    Spoiler:

My Santa has my back. I'm sure to survive the zombie apocalypse now. :D

Time to take a break and see what the papers from other states have to offer.
    Spoiler:

There's a celebration alright. In my pants! I think she's happy about it. :winky:
    Spoiler:

Anyway, time to move onto the last gift.
    Spoiler:

Sweet card but what does it say?
    Spoiler:

I can't give you a ride in a F1 car, silly.
    Spoiler:

I sure as hell can in a Zonda. Nice paint job to boot.

That's the end of my loot-a-thon. I can't believe my Santa got me all this stuff. This is definitely above and beyond the call of duty. I must say I let my guard down in terms of how far my Santa would stalk me. I can safely say my Santa stalk me pretty much everywhere I went.

I can't thank you enough, Santa. I'm not sure if you want to reveal yourself, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to. At least know you'll always have a special place in my heart as my first. <3

• SlagmireSlagmire Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Sweet god - those pixals have KOed my eyes. Nice score though :)

• liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Awesome job whoever was that man's santa but unfortunately I think what he really needed was a proper camera. :)

• ForkesForkes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sweet god - those pixals have KOed my eyes. Nice score though :)

I have no idea what any of those notes said. :)

Also, Santee, you should be informed that you will be recieving part one of a two part series in the mail SOON, as I ordered it today.

siggy-1.jpg
  • Shady3011Shady3011 they cant troll you if there dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My iPhone does a decent job most of the time there's enough light, but I was sick and didn't give it much forethought.

This discussion has been closed.