As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lock this thread.

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    snowy mountains

i smell temple of doom on this

it is a good scent

Nuzak on
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Uncharted one remains the best PS3 game

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Uncharted was the Indiana Jones movie I wanted. This is going to be a very cool game, hopefully.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm calling it now.

Game of the Year 2009.

I did this in March for this year's GOTY and I ended up being bang on the money (IMO), and I'm pretty sure it's about to happen again.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've wanted Uncharted for awhile now but have been holding out for a greatest hits release...I saw it on sale at Amazon for $42 and feel my resistance wavering.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm calling it now.

Game of the Year 2009.

I did this in March for this year's GOTY and I ended up being bang on the money (IMO), and I'm pretty sure it's about to happen again.

What was your choice this year?

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    Man the gunplay in Uncharted just felt so right. Graphics were stupendous, guns had kick, good sounds, when you shot someone you could immediately see the effect. All gunplay should be like that. All of the climbing felt pretty on-rails, not terrible, but definitely obviously linear. Any improvements to that would be great. If the production values are equal to or better than the first one I will be all over this.

Agreed the platforming in Uncharted 1 was fun the first time you played it. But what had me coming back to beat the game 4 more times was the awesome combat. (Hard/Crushing is where its at) So yeah I'm happy to hear about the more free form platforming. Also the stealth stuff sounds cool as long as its optional. (Let me shoot it out if I want.)

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm calling it now.

Game of the Year 2009.

What game was that?

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    arod_77 wrote: »
    I'm calling it now.

Game of the Year 2009.

What was your choice this year?

Mirror's Edge. And now the fall rush is over, and the only game left that has a chance to take my top spot is Prince of Persia. Which may happen, I don't know.

Either way, I was close.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hm.

Interesting.

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    \( 'v' )/
    EDIT: I'm not likin' the beard.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Also, I love this game's subtitle.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whenever an Uncharted thread comes up, I tend to only complain about the sudden 'twist' that was thrown in the last 1/3 of the game. And yeah, it still annoys me, but the rest of the game was simply amazing. If the sequel can subtract the questionable (to me) shift in gameplay, it will be fantastic for sure.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Graviija wrote: »
    Whenever an Uncharted thread comes up, I tend to only complain about the sudden 'twist' that was thrown in the last 1/3 of the game. And yeah, it still annoys me, but the rest of the game was simply amazing. If the sequel can subtract the questionable (to me) shift in gameplay, it will be fantastic for sure.

I honestly wish they had come and gone earlier in the game, if only for the reason that I feel enemies should progress, and the mercenary-type dudes you fight later on in the game are much harder than that new batch of enemies.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, I love this game's subtitle.

I know. Gaf is totally hating it but man, it's just got that pulp adventure serial sound to it.

Uncharted is not the name of the game now, its like the brand type of thing.

Star Wars : Among Thieves or something. If you see what I mean.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hahahaha

Gaf.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, I didn't expect to wake up to this. And while I was expecting Uncharted 2 to be announced soon (around January with the next R&C), I'm still pretty damn excited.

Drake's Fortune remains my favourite current gen game, even after MGS4, DMC4, LBP and Valkyria. So really, the only other competitor for my GOTY 2009 might by God of War 3 but I'm pretty sure that'll be delayed to Early 2010.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, I didn't expect to wake up to this. And while I was expecting Uncharted 2 to be announced soon (around January with the next R&C), I'm still pretty damn excited.

Drake's Fortune remains my favourite current gen game, even after MGS4, DMC4, LBP and Valkyria. So really, the only other competitor for my GOTY 2009 might by God of War 3 but I'm pretty sure that'll be delayed to Early 2010.

No way. Its one platform only which helps but if it struggled I imagine Sony would get some more people in there to make sure its done on time.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tell that to the Killzone crew. I know all Beta testers say it's the bees' knees and worth the wait, but - yeah - that thing's takin' its sweet-ass time. And Sony Santa Monica's last God of War came out in... wasn't it Winter/Spring '07?

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    I only ask that you keep Elena and Nate. Obviously Nate is still on board. Keep Elena (and her VO) and Naughty Dog can turn the whole thing into a turn-based RPG for all I care - it'll be awesome.

Uncharted was the ingame name of the lady's TV show, so here's hoping.

Error on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Error wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I only ask that you keep Elena and Nate. Obviously Nate is still on board. Keep Elena (and her VO) and Naughty Dog can turn the whole thing into a turn-based RPG for all I care - it'll be awesome.

Uncharted was the ingame name of the lady's TV show, so here's hoping.

O_o how did I not know that? Nice catch!

Chance on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm sure i heard an interview or read an article that pretty much said all three major cast members were already starting work on the sequel. that was a long time ago, though

remembering (from the unlockable behind-the-scenes stuff) how fortunate the director was to get a hold of the actor who played elena, after knowing she was exactly the right chick for the role, you'd think they'd want to hang on to that serendipidous chemistry

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    /clings to that hope. Thanks, bsjezz ^,^

Chance on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Uncharted 2.... Yes please!

I had played through Uncharted once before when my buddy got it through gamefly. I just recently picked it up used, such an awesome game.

So I'm guessing instead of seeing lots of
    zombies
    this time, we should expect lots of
    Cerberus, Cyclops, and Ice Dragons
    ? I kid, but definitely plan on picking this one up.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

No way. Its one platform only which helps but if it struggled I imagine Sony would get some more people in there to make sure its done on time.

Yeah, they could just double the amount of people working on it and it'd be finished in half the time, right? Don't be dumb. MGS4 had well over 100 people working on it and it was still delayed twice. Killzone 2 is one of Sony's biggest projects and it was delayed. Gran Turismo is the biggest series Sony has and PD delay their games more than even Valve.

Every God of War game has come out in March (GoW1 in March 05, GoW2 in March 07 and GoW: CoO in March 08), I predict the same thing will happen with GoW3. If you want them to rush the game then I'm going to call you an idiot.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    God of War 3 in 2009? Erm no.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm looking forward to this as long as they dump those fucking QTE that popped up only a few times and didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm looking forward to this as long as they dump those fucking QTE that popped up only a few times and didn't fit with the rest of the game at all.

Or better yet, add in more so they become the norm and are expected!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Also I could see God of War 3 as a potential December of 09. They don't have to release in March, it's just been highly coincidental so far.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Or better yet, add in more so they become the norm and are expected!

I actually wouldn't take issue with QTEs that were a regular part of the game, and tended to fit with the actions normally used by those buttons. If square is shoot, and triangle is jump, then it might be kinda cool to have occasional events where timed presses of triangle and then square resulted in some kind of awesome jumping shot.

That said, I'd much rather they do their best to make the game as "playable" as possible, rather than relying on QTEs for exciting moments.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Day 1 purchase!

Oh man, I hope they have more behind the scenes unlockables like in the first game. I love geeking out over the raw mocap footage and stuff like that. It'll be interesting to see what technological improvements they make over the first.

Also, Firefly dude better still be doing the soundtrack!

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Reznik wrote: »
    Day 1 purchase!

Oh man, I hope they have more behind the scenes unlockables like in the first game. I love geeking out over the raw mocap footage and stuff like that. It'll be interesting to see what technological improvements they make over the first.

I love when games do that. I dunno about everyone else, but I appreciated the second disc of God of War 2 so much. I loved watching the vids of the artist talking about coming up with Kratos's design, or watching that skinny dude belt out the lines.

Chance on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Reznik wrote: »
    Day 1 purchase!

Same, and same. The soundtrack for Uncharted was so perfect, as with everything else. I can't wait. I'll be there watching every video trailer until day one where I'll be playing the hell out of this.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Maybe they'll add in some Co-Op? :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No!

Bad Baker!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh man.

I'm even more hyped for this game than I am for Yakuza 3.

For me, that's saying something.

I am also completely with Reznik. Soundtrack as awesome? Yes please. Behind-the-scenes? I'll be your best friend.

I would contribute more, but I'm just so happy.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No!

Bad Baker!

Resistance 2 style, where it has nothing to do with the single player campaign... Just give me mass amounts of guys to shoot at and let my buddy play as the chick.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No!

Bad Baker!

Resistance 2 style, where it has nothing to do with the single player campaign... Just give me mass amounts of guys to shoot at and let my buddy play as the chick.

I've yet to play a game with a co-op campaign that has a truly phenomenal single-player campaign. I'd rather they just focus on that.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rainbow Six Vegas did it pretty well, but it doesn't exactly translate to this style of game.

And some games just don't need multiplayer.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No!

Bad Baker!

I've yet to play a game with a co-op campaign that has a truly phenomenal single-player campaign. I'd rather they just focus on that.
    Lots of games have co-op and a great single player. Too many to list. What games have you been playing? Co-op makes everything better.

The_Scarab on