As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUIT POSTING IN ME

• DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Here's a little idea for a small mod, or a small part of a bigger mod, I thought of on interstate the other day.

According to the game, Cannibalism is a compulsion, right? Well, let's make it that way - if the player picks cannibal as a perk, every few days they have to kill and eat another human being, or suffer withdrawal and stat degradation, just like being addicted to drugs. You could even make the player lose control and attack the nearest person with a little bit of work. The only way around this would be to get the hematophage perk, and use blood packs. Not a big change to the game, but it could make certain missions like the taft tunnels interesting.

Duffel on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You could just eat feral ghouls.

Couscous on
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing a nifty little mod when the GECK comes out: Food gives you extra temporary HP, sort of like how Buffout does. That benefit lasts for a good little duration, and then it wears off. After a while of not eating, the game tells you that you are starving and you get slightly reduced HP.
    Food is way to damn common for that to do anything other than make people eat some food every X amount of time.

Did anybody else find it odd that you never come across any still cared for farms?

That was odd. There are a handful of brahmin farms (outside Arefu, outside Canterbury Commons, one controlled by raiders) and, of course, the Anchorage War Memorial, but it seems like most of the wasteland is still living off leftover food, which is odd. Or mutated wildlife, I guess. Or people.

Then again, the only place you see plants growing, other than that weird glowing fungus, is in Oasis, so maybe the Capital Wasteland is appropriately named.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You could just eat feral ghouls.
    Ghoul meat needs to be lousy with rads. Like, 50-100.

Duffel on
    edited December 2008
    Duffel wrote: »
    Here's a little idea for a small mod, or a small part of a bigger mod, I thought of on interstate the other day.

According to the game, Cannibalism is a compulsion, right? Well, let's make it that way - if the player picks cannibal as a perk, every few days they have to kill and eat another human being, or suffer withdrawal and stat degradation, just like being addicted to drugs. You could even make the player lose control and attack the nearest person with a little bit of work. The only way around this would be to get the hematophage perk, and use blood packs. Not a big change to the game, but it could make certain missions like the taft tunnels interesting.

Couldn't you just carry around some "strange meat" to sate your hunger? Maybe some sort of quest you can do for
    Andale or the "hunters"
    to get them to supply you.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing a nifty little mod when the GECK comes out: Food gives you extra temporary HP, sort of like how Buffout does. That benefit lasts for a good little duration, and then it wears off. After a while of not eating, the game tells you that you are starving and you get slightly reduced HP.
    Food is way to damn common for that to do anything other than make people eat some food every X amount of time.

Did anybody else find it odd that you never come across any still cared for farms?

That was odd. There are a handful of brahmin farms (outside Arefu, outside Canterbury Commons, one controlled by raiders) and, of course, the Anchorage War Memorial, but it seems like most of the wasteland is still living off leftover food, which is odd. Or mutated wildlife, I guess. Or people.

Then again, the only place you see plants growing, other than that weird glowing fungus, is in Oasis, so maybe the Capital Wasteland is appropriately named.

Are there even vegetables in the game? I cannot recall, but I think I've only picked up meat kinds of food. Maybe when governments fall people realise they don't have to eat their stupid vegetables anymore?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Got it working. Damn unarmed sucks ass to start

Get Lockpick 50.

Go east of Springvale School, to the river. Look for a beached tugboat.

In the tugboat, in a container with an Average lock, there is a Power Fist.
    Why the would he do that when he can go to the power station and get Fisto!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's the radiation I think. Vegetation was pretty much wiped out.

How animals like Brahmin subsisted though given that fact, I'm not sure.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited December 2008
    It's the radiation I think. Vegetation was pretty much wiped out.

How animals like Brahmin subsisted though given that fact, I'm not sure.

They eat grass.

Everyone knows that grass is immune to the effects of radiation.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited December 2008
    I want more enemy character models. Fighting three people from the Talon Co. that look exactly the same is annoying. I thought the west coast was the only place that was supposed to suffer from that problem.

Couscous on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do not think about the condition of food and other disposable items in Fallout 3.

The whole "200 years after the war" thing will make your fucking head spin.

Pony on
    edited December 2008
    I want more enemy character models. Fighting three people from the Talon Co. that look exactly the same is annoying. I thought the west coast was the only place that was supposed to suffer from that problem.

ha ha ha

GARY

Pony on
    edited December 2008
    Do not think about the condition of food and other disposable items in Fallout 3.

They don't build portable batteries and power plants like they do in the retrofuture.

Couscous on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited December 2008

Well, it is all junk food.

Just think how much preservative technology will have advanced 70 years from now!

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    edited December 2008

They don't build portable batteries and power plants like they do in the retrofuture.

or cigarettes

cardboard boxes of cleaning supplies or cereals

or GUNPOWDER

Pony on
    edited December 2008

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

So basically you're saying...

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes,
    and other science facts (na na na)
    Then repeat to yourself it's just a show:
    I should really just relax

=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ga-ry?

holy hell BEATEN

SithDrummer on
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

So basically you're saying...

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes,
    and other science facts (na na na)
    Then repeat to yourself it's just a show:
    I should really just relax

=)

Word.

I hear that there's some sort of "...of the Wasteland" (Yeah, not quite sure of the whole name) armor that's also really good. However, I have no clue as to where to begin to get it. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There's the Wasteland Legend armor. It looks kind of cool but it certainly doesn't have a good DR stat.

BionicPenguin on
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's probably the one I'm talking about. I remember seeing a pic of it and also thinking it looked neato. Thought the lack of DR doesn't make it so appealing anymore.

Where is it at anyway?

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Recipe for five minutes of mindless distraction:

1) Stand on top of destroyable car.
    2) Fire Fat Man straight up.
    3) Countdown to liftoff.
    4) Watch yourself get launched into space like a bleeding, stumpy Soyuz.
    5) Quickload, repeat.

I'm curious as to whether or not you go higher if you use the MIRV.

Plant a bunch of bottlecap mines around the car too

Update: I did this again with a bunch of bottlecap mines and frag mines piled on top of the car.

Result: When the death scene timed out, I was still going up.

I have to figure out a way to get Charon on top of the car somehow, so I can watch it from a safe distance away.

For SCIENCE.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Honk wrote: »

Are there even vegetables in the game? I cannot recall, but I think I've only picked up meat kinds of food. Maybe when governments fall people realise they don't have to eat their stupid vegetables anymore?

You can actually find fresh vegetables in Dr. Li's lab in Rivet City. From asking around, apparently there's a hydroponic bay there.

Antithesis on
    edited December 2008
    I didn't want to steal those, but do they give you any rads for eating them?

Pony on
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

3) Countdown to liftoff.
    5) Quickload, repeat.

Update: I did this again with a bunch of bottlecap mines and frag mines piled on top of the car.

I have to figure out a way to get Charon on top of the car somehow, so I can watch it from a safe distance away.

For SCIENCE.

There's a mod on the Nexus to increase the death scene time. I believe it was made so you could nuke-jump from Tenpenny Tower and see where you landed.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

3) Countdown to liftoff.
    5) Quickload, repeat.

For SCIENCE.

There's a mod on the Nexus to increase the death scene time. I believe it was made so you could nuke-jump from Tenpenny Tower and see where you landed.

Why did I buy the 360 version?!

Oh yeah, Intel integrated graphics.

jackal on
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jackal wrote: »
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

3) Countdown to liftoff.
    5) Quickload, repeat.

For SCIENCE.

Why did I buy the 360 version?!

Oh yeah, Intel integrated graphics.

Ouch. Tough break.

You might be able to find a car near some kind of overhang or bump in the ground and push Charon onto it.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stigweard wrote: »
    The vaults other than 101 are some of the most anachronistic areas of the game. 106 and 108 in particular,
    conducted experiments early on that went awry and yet there are still people there, alive, 200 years later.
    Maybe the clones were created to live longer? Like ghouls.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cokomon wrote: »
    The vaults other than 101 are some of the most anachronistic areas of the game. 106 and 108 in particular,
    conducted experiments early on that went awry and yet there are still people there, alive, 200 years later.

It's possible given the events in 112.

My vote for the next thread title: Gary? Gary Gary... GARYYYYY!!!

stigweard on
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Why has everyone on the internet been saying "Gary" lately?

What is the significance of Gary?!

Food on
  • CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cokomon wrote: »

It's possible given the events in 112.

My vote for the next thread title: Gary? Gary Gary... GARYYYYY!!!

I don't know about 106, though. Maybe the crazy people just kept breeding and eating each other.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
    edited December 2008
    Gary wrote: »
    Gaaaaaary! wrote: »
    GARY wrote: »

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Gary?

Gary?!

Pony on
    edited December 2008
    [quote=GARY;8045330]
    [quote=GARY!;8044072]I want more enemy character models. Fighting three people from the Talon Co. that look exactly the same is annoying. I thought the west coast was the only place that was supposed to suffer from that problem.

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Gary?

Gary?![/quote][/quote]
    GA-RY?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Food wrote: »

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Why has everyone on the internet been saying "Gary" lately?

What is the significance of Gary?!

Minor spoiler
    There is a vault filled with clones of a guy named Gary. Pretty much they apparently just chill there and have developed a gary based language. Oh also they try to kill anyone who isn't them.

Neaden on
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

ha ha ha

GARY
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARY

Gary?

Gary?

Gary?!
    GA-RY?

NO! This is the Fallout thread! Not the Gary thread!

What is Gary?

EDIT: NEVER MIND!

Food on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Food wrote: »
    NO! This is the Fallout thread! Not the Gary thread!

It is now.

freakish light on
    edited December 2008
    HAHAHAHA

Zen Vulgarity on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It just occurred to me that Fallout 3 really did raise the bar, allowing you to be a highly educated drug addicted corpse mutilating mutant cannibal slaver as opposed to merely being a tribal drug addicted child killing mutant cyborg slaver.

Although, the lack of a Brahmin companion is a black mark on the whole deal.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Basil wrote: »
    It just occurred to me that Fallout 3 really did raise the bar, allowing you to be a highly educated drug addicted corpse mutilating mutant cannibal slaver as opposed to merely being a tribal drug addicted child killing mutant cyborg slaver.

I didn't know you could enslave mutant cyborgs in this game. It really did raise the bar.

freakish light on
This discussion has been closed.